Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New website

3 posters

Go down

New website Empty New website

Post  Qld Sandy Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi Guys and Girls,
After having problems with my old website, I finally bit the bullet and started to create a new one. I will add that all the pages are not complete as yet and the next 40 or 50 hours of work should get it back to something reasonable. For anyone with a bookmark to it, the web address may have changed, so please update it to,

www.goldcitydetecting.com

My bookmark had /home.php after the address and it was finding the old one I have deleted.
Thanks and cheers.

ps  Comments are welcome.  Wink
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

New website Empty Re: New website

Post  Narrawa Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:12 am

Excellent site, very snappy when loading pages. Love the simple layout on the home page, not over cluttered, buttons and tabs stand out clearly.
Trading hrs and and a blo0dy phone number on the home page clearly standing out is a plus...nothing i hate more than not being able to find these two items of interest when browsing. Well done mate..appreciated for their convenience.
Another plus, not once did i have to alter the text from its original size. Something that i have to do on most sites i visit, just so i can read the content.

Fully understand its work in progress and not finished, so here are a few things i picked up on for you to fix ....some much sooner than later. Very Happy 

Your probably aware of it,? but just in case...last line of products...descriptions dont match. When clicked its all good tho.
http://www.goldcitydetecting.com/boosters%20speakers%20headphones.htm

Also...the pro swing 45 is advertised as being Buy Now for $55....i'll have 10 please....should make a nice profit on them when i get to WA. Razz  Laughing 

Gripes if i may....
If i had to pick on something...many of the links are in a pale blue, which for my eyes nearly go unnoticed till i swing the mouse over them. The online map downloads links, and the one on the home page under .....We have an online store for your convenience at      www.goldcitydetecting.com/ocart
May not be an issue with others.

On the home page, under the wording.." Welcome to gold city Detectors" is the wording.. "Experience is your teacher, start learning today." in bright RED...That plays havoc with my eyes, some color combo's just dont gel well. May not be an issue with others, and i am being picky.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:39 am

Thanks Narrawa.
I have fixed the descriptions etc.
I have changed the PRO-SWING price. Now to deal with the 250 that are ordered.  affraid lol! 
I've even changed the link colour and done something special to them after you click them.  Wink 
The wording colour on the banner is a bigger job though, but I'll see what I can do to soften it.
Thanks for the input mate. Anyone else with suggestions, good or bad are welcome to let me know.
Cheers and thanks.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:47 am

Hey Peter
Just one thing I couldn't find!!! "The Maps" you know the ones, with the big red X's on them (or whatever colour Best suits Narrawa's eye's, see I not selfish) GPS co-ords to if you will I am feeling lazy & this will save me time, cheers bloke your very helpful. Very Happy Very Happy Cool Wink Wink cheers lol! lol! lol! 
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down