Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member - advice on detecting/prospecting in Australia/US

5 posters

Go down

New member - advice on detecting/prospecting in Australia/US Empty New member - advice on detecting/prospecting in Australia/US

Post  JMCHAPMAN Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 am

Hello,

I am new to the site and looking on advice for tours, companies, clubs, or persons who provide a service on metal detecting or prospecting for up to two weeks in either Australia, Canada or the USA. I live in the UK and have over 30 years metal detecting experience.

I would really appreciate any advice anyone has one this.

Thanks,

John

JMCHAPMAN

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-01-05

Back to top Go down

New member - advice on detecting/prospecting in Australia/US Empty Re: New member - advice on detecting/prospecting in Australia/US

Post  Nightjar Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:51 am

Hello John,
Rather than rewrite what is already written here, go the the "Links" at bottom of home page and you can research.

Cheers
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

New member - advice on detecting/prospecting in Australia/US Empty Re: New member - advice on detecting/prospecting in Australia/US

Post  rc62burke Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:13 am

Welcome to the forum.
Have a look at the post in this link, https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t17659-greastart-to-the-year
Steve would be able to look after you with everything from accommodation, detector, tuition, transport & local knowledge, there is a lot to see in this area too, our winter is the best time to experience this area.
Get in contact with Steve via PM (Quadangle) & have a chat, if you head this way & I am out there when you are I am happy to show you around to but with Steve you wont need me  Laughing 
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  greylion Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi John (and hi to all the other members as well), I am new to the site and just scrolling through.
It is quite shocking how prospectors ignore Africa; Zambia for example is blessed with the yellow color & other
minerals. Villagers will show you deposits where gold was found in ancient times already; the Geological Survey
will give you advice where to go or you do some home work first, learn how to "read" a river, become a bit familiar
with the geology and/or get your hands on the (internal) database of the Ministry of Mines incl. Survey & Cadastre. The
database contain ALL the information you can think about !
After the first or second sniff you might even opt to apply for a prospecting licence (max.size of a small scale licence is
2km x 2km).
Please feel free to contact me.
Greylion Peter
greylion
greylion
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadian Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Welcome to the forum mate, I hope get as much out of it as I have.
Cheers Dave. Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down