Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settings for Large Mono coil with M?L 4500

3 posters

Go down

Settings for Large Mono coil with M?L 4500 Empty Settings for Large Mono coil with M?L 4500

Post  relichunter2 Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:44 am

Just need some help on settings on my 4500. I have been running my Commander 18" Mono and had some success with it. I am amazed at the depth found some nice 3 gram nuggets at 12-15 inches. These are my settings..front panel General, Normal, fixed and Mono, back panel rx 11-13, stabilizer 9-10, speed slow, tracking medium. My threshold adjustment at 2..I have to admit my ears are tired because of the ground noise. The ground I am working is variable..medium to some hot spots...I would like to try out some different settings. Any recommendations to stabilize the machine would be appreciated.

relichunter2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-03-03

http://www.goldrushtradingpost.net

Back to top Go down

Settings for Large Mono coil with M?L 4500 Empty Re: Settings for Large Mono coil with M?L 4500

Post  JohnnyTheGreek Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:47 pm

try the following:

audio type: quiet
stabilizer: 6
rx gain: 10

JohnnyTheGreek
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2016-02-11

Back to top Go down

Settings for Large Mono coil with M?L 4500 Empty Re: Settings for Large Mono coil with M?L 4500

Post  Tributer Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:33 am

Hi Relichunter2, I would try enhance with the gain up as high as you can go.

Another strange setting that does work in a few places where enhance is noisy is Sensitive Extra. Try it for a few minutes with the gain on say 8. Your coil swing speed should be very very slow. The detector may give you broad groaning ground noise but you will clearly hear nuggets at depth through the ground noise if you move your coil very slowly and you smoothly do the transition the swing direction changes. If you want to reassure yourself the setting is sensitive swing your pick above the coil and you should pick up the signal with the pick way above the coil whereas other settings the pick will need to be much closer to the coil. Even on a gain setting of 5 the detector should pick up targets some distance from the coil. The sens extra setting has found me a couple of very deep nuggets, however many other people frown on this setting and say it is unsuitable in noisy ground.
Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down