Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

laanecoorie bash 2013

+13
4rd
GoldDiggerGranny
CostasDee
mariner3800
panhead
Grandfather Johnson
ruffles
Tributer
madmax800
Goldylox
Sharkbait
nuggetseeker
tirp56
17 posters

Go down

laanecoorie bash 2013 Empty laanecoorie bash 2013

Post  tirp56 Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:21 pm

to mariner3800,and family,wombat,to all the sponsors,who either gave their,time or donated items for the raffle/auction,jim and robin stewart and their staff who did a sterling job,and to all the other people who did their part to make this weekend the success that it was an absolute huge thank you tirp 56 aka allan

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

laanecoorie bash 2013 Empty Re: laanecoorie bash 2013

Post  nuggetseeker Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Could not agree more Al. Great effort by all involved. It was great to catch up with friends and put some new faces to names.

Great weather, great food, great prizes and most of all great people.
Cheers John

nuggetseeker
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Just got home from the "bash'' and want to second everything Tirp56 ( Allan) said cheers 

What a fantastic event..you could not wish to meet a nicer,friendlier bunch of people,whether forum members or not
It was great to put faces to the names of the members of the best prospecting forum in the country Very Happy 

Many thanks to all the organisers and sponsors,and especially to Peter (Mariner3800) and family and Bill (Wombat) for a superbly organised weekend cheers 

It was my first bash and i'll definitely be back every year from now on..well done guys

Cheers...Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldylox Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:25 pm

A wonderful weekend & thanks to the organisers & everyone who contributed so much to make it a success for another year. Smile

It was great to meet ppl old & new from here and from the Facebook gold groups too.

Special thanks to Terry L & Graham for advice & technique tips this morning.

Hope everyone managed to find some gold - even I did - panning! Smile

Goldylox
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax800 Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:46 am

Well , I am still here and today is a rest day.

Well done to everyone who put in such stella efforts to make this event a great success.
What an amazing amount of $'s that made its way to the chosen charity.

Agree with all coments above and a fantastic effort in the way the event was organised.

My first but not last time to the bash, next year I will have my wife allong so I better behave (maybe).

Thanks Peter for the red wine, thanks Enio for the queen bed and warm aircon and Ron for putting up with my snoring and not complaining.

Thanks for the beaut fish meal Sunday night and
thanks to the caravan park for the venue.

Chhers all.

madmax800
sometimes known as John
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:20 am

I had a great time. Good to put faces to names, talk gold, drink and eat heaps and to be educated by talks from the detecting dignitaries and knowledgeable members that were present. Thanks to all who did a stella job of organising and sponsoring the event.

PS Been a while since i have been to VIC. I was gobsmacked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  at how many old detecting holes (filled in ones) were absolutely everywhere in the bush. I did not realise how popular detecting has become and how many are out there every day looking. Went to a couple old family patches from 14 years ago where good gold was plentiful, shallow and where we got ounces in a small area.....one of the patches was where one of the detecting training groups from the bash were working. Its hard to believe any gold was ever there when you see the old holes everywhere there now.  It made me determined to hurry up and go out and get some gold before it all goes.Very Happy 

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ruffles Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:57 am

Had a great time again this year

Catching up with so many from previous meets and meeting up with
forum members from far and wide

Many thanks to Peter (Mariner3800) and family
Bill (Wombat) and many others for putting the weekend together

Well done Q15

ruffles
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:48 pm

I met some great new people at the bash:Very Happy  (because i caught a case of the port flu:shock: ,  i may not remember them all:oops: ) met old freinds too,it was good to catch up;) ) .
Hey Twobob are you still wearing the new cap so Gary knows who he is talking to,dont want him telling secret nugget spots to the wrong bloke:lol: Laughing Laughing .
Dave Sharkbait sorry we did'nt get to have a yarn .
Bill Wombat and Peter Marina 3800 did a great job as did the Llarnacorrie park:cheers: cheers cheers 
All an all a great weekend .

Cheers Bruce

Last edited by Grandfather Johnson on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrections)

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  panhead Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 pm

A great job by everyone responsible for running the event. I had a fantastic time. Met a lot of very nice people who were only to keen to unselfishly share their prospecting knowledge and tips with me. It was very much appreciated. Thanks to all. I want to get back up into that area soon for another crack at the yellow. Some weekends are just not long enough.
                                                                                                                      Regards,
                                                                                                                               panhead

Last edited by panhead on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
panhead
panhead
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi All,

Arrived back in Melb around 3:30 today, unpacked, showered and now some time to get on line and post a few bits.

Stats To Date

Near 150 attendees
Raised over $11,000.00
3 Bloody Great Days

WOW

To all that attended " Thank You ", with out you and your support we would not have an event and a platform to raise some serious money for charity.

To all our wonderful sponsors, " Again A Big Thank You ", without your support your kind donations of time, effort and products this event just would not happen. To all members please supports these wonderful people and companies the next time you are buying a bit of gear, looking for a good tour or shopping around for that Xmas present.

To The Laanecoorie Lake Side Park staff and management, " Three Cheers " That Roast on Saturday night I recon was the best roast I have ever had, that meat just melted in your mouth.

To Alan Gay " Our Auctioneer " a big thank you from the bottom of my heart, you extracted every last dollar that was available on Sunday afternoon, but to those who did not make it back you still missed out on some great bargains, maybe next year?????

To All those people who volunteered their time leading up to the event and or over the weekend, a very big thank you, your efforts were fantastic.

To my family, Elsie, Josh & Ben, thank you for all your effort and support. Wonderful Wife, Fantastic Boys, you make me very proud.

Last but certainly not least WOMBAT, if you could know the half of what this wonderful person has done over the past 12 months. The long hours, the many miles, the countless phone calls that this outstanding fella has done would make most young men tire, all while moving into a new house and nursing  a wonderful and supportive wife back on her feet

Bloody Well Done & Three Cheers To Bill

If you can give me a week or so we will have a full run down, financial report and many photos posted up on the forum.

If anyone has photos and or would like to post up a bit of a run down from a participants view it would be appreciated while we all catch our breath and catch up on a few neglected duties.

Lastly I would like you all to start thinking about next year, after 3 year and taking this from a little idea and raising $450 to 150 people and $11,000.00 it has been allot of fun, but it is time to hand it over to some new blood to continue it for the future. So please give it some consideration in the next couple of months and let us know.

Thanks To All

Mariner3800
Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 pm

I was unable to attend the Lannacorrie weekend but I saw some of the effort that Wombat put in Shocked Shocked Shocked 
I agree with Mariner 100%
Great effort there Wombat cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax800 Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi Again,

Had a good day , got out for 2 hours and found 4 nuggets, one being an 11.2 grammer.

Yippy

madmax800
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Absolutely top effort from not only Pete and Wombat, but also their wives and families, for without their backup support, the process wouldn't have been the brilliant success that it was. Special mentions to Enio especially for cooking all the fish to feed the what seemed to be endless masses and to Gary for the superb onions. A very special thank you to Blisters for supplying that fantastic fish. And of course we can't forget Tom for not only the campfire but also the pre-event pep chats.

....and to all the other behind the scenes helpers and volunteers , a very big thanks for making it such a great event that was such a winner on all fronts. cheers 
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:20 pm

A big thanks to Mariner3800 (Peter) and Wombat (Bill) for a fantastic effort, by the reports so far it was a resounding success.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

laanecoorie bash 2013 Empty Thank you

Post  GoldDiggerGranny Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:38 pm

There are just too many individuals for me to remember to thank individually for putting such a well planned event together. So to each and every one a big thank you, we had a great time. Very Happy 

Gabby

GoldDiggerGranny
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  4rd Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Same as earlier posts,  a big thank you to Peter “Mariner3800” and Bill “Wombat” and their wives/family for a professionally run event, especially when you consider that there were so many from different locations, age groups, levels of knowledge and experience mixing together so well and enjoying it all.

I couldn’t make last year's event due to work and almost the same again this year,  so very pleased that I was able to eventually attend.  A lot of pre-work and planning no doubt given the way that the whole 3 days ran,  extremely well co-ordinated with a broad range of activities and mingled with just enough time for individuals and groups to get out swinging with detectors.

A big thank you to the sponsors also,  they were extremely generous with their time and money, and it was really great to see the amount raised for Peter Mac with everyone’s combined help.  

The open forum on Saturday night with Doug Stone, Tony Mills and John Gladdis was both informative and entertaining with some interesting facts and great stories shared (photo below):
laanecoorie bash 2013 A_tony11

Tony.

Last edited by 4rd on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
4rd
4rd
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

laanecoorie bash 2013 Empty Re: Laanecoorie Bash 2013

Post  TWO BOB Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 am

What a fantastic weekend with people of similar interests from all over Australia.cheers 
Thanks to mariner3800 & wombat for all their hard work to make it a well co-ordinated fun event.Laughing 
Great result for Peter Mac. Thanks to all sponsors for their  donations & their time running courses.bounce 
Bruce ( Grandfather Johnson) I must wear a new cap to stop LOOSE LIPS SINKING SHIPS  when they get on the Turps.!!!!
      Cheers
    "TWO BOB"
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Great photo of the Sat. night "legends'' chat Very Happy 

Thanks Tony ( 4rd) for posting that up cheers 

Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:19 pm

WELL, what can you say......the whole weekend was just bloody great. the people responsible have been thanked many times , so I would like to thank them also. thanks pete and wombat,and of course familys.......but the big thanks goes to the people who where there, and the imput they also put in. its the little people with giant characters that I found to make the whole weekend a fantastic one. so once again a big thanks you to everyone......bruce......I have finally worked you out.....you must have worked for the former KGB, sit in the shadows wearing identical clothing, encouraging the fine art of drinking lollie water and extracting information......very very clever comrade Q25  .
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:05 pm

VE ASK ZE QUESTIONS MAXWELL SCHMART

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:42 pm

WOW!! What a great weekend!!

Just got back from Laanecoorie ... very tired, but what an amazing weekend!! So many new faces and names to remember! ... and meeting up again with friends from the last Bash!!

Can NOT thank everyone enough for all of their efforts and the wonderful time that I am sure was had by all. An amazing effort by everyone!!

Three Cheers? Hip Hip cheers  Hip Hip cheers  Hip Hip cheers 

getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

laanecoorie bash 2013 Empty Laanecoorie Bash

Post  Jungle Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks for a good week end. George from Adelaide

Last edited by Jungle on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tried to upload photo)
Jungle
Jungle
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down