Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hipstick - wow - what a difference

4 posters

Go down

hipstick - wow - what a difference Empty hipstick - wow - what a difference

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:41 pm

got a 25 inch mono to go fishin for the big ones and thought it wise to try out a hipstick aid.

WOW what a difference. i am constantly amazed at my stubborness, but as i get older, i seem to be softening a bit.

anybody tossing the idea around to get one, THEY ARE TERRIFIC ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

hipstick - wow - what a difference Empty Re: hipstick - wow - what a difference

Post  Harb Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 pm

yeah to be honest, I would give it away if I didn't have a hipstick....they really do make that much difference to my back.
Funny a couple of times after disconnecting it to dig some harder stuff, and then forgetting to hook it back up.....about 5 mins my back reminds me !! Very Happy
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:52 pm

G'day Kev & Harb

The day they came up with the Hip Stick,Metal detecting was revolutionized.Distributing the detector/coil weight from the shoulder to the hip has saved many a back and shoulder.Also for people who use larger coils,such as big DDs,and like to scrape ground with their coils while metal detecting,the Easy Swing Arm will benefit many.Especially when searching,shoulder/side wall combinations of creeks and gullies.

Cheers kon61
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:10 am

Gday

I couldnt agree more, the hip stick is a terrific invention and has put the pleasure back into it, as after years of swinging all types of coils I developed a very tender shoulder joint, sort of like an rsi thing I guess and it will usually start to burn after about 30 mins with any coil over the 11" mark.

After putting the hipstick on for the first time it took me about 15 mins to get used to the way you have to swing with it, there is some restriction but once you get used to it and then the realisation hits you that you dont have any pain in your back or in my case mostly the shoulder then you know you are on to something good.

If I dont remember to put it back on (as I remove it from my harness for storage) then its not long before the familiar ache is back and I head back to camp to get it, there is only one other thing that I have found with prolonged use of the hipstick, because the weight is being tranferred to your hips I sometimes get some pain in my right hip joint, this is a legacy of a motorbike prang when in my teens so it may not be an issues with other users.

I have also a lower back weakness after a work injury but with the hipstick I dont get any pain from this where before hand that would also play up sometimes but I have not noticed it while using the hipstick.

Aint growing old wonderful hipstick - wow - what a difference Icon_mad

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi Guys, Ditto....best thing since sliced bread. Wouldnt be with out mine....ever....

JW Very Happy
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down