Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making a newbie look experienced

3 posters

Go down

Making a newbie look experienced Empty Making a newbie look experienced

Post  HAZHD Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi folks,
this is totally new to me i got involved when "she who must be obeyed" gave to me a cheapie detector, which i still use at present and am having a ball figured i would wait a while before upgrading so i guess i am the economy version.

At present i am lost as to what to buy but that will come with time, i did however just meet a bloke who said and i quote " sheesh man i wait until after dark and then do the old world grave yards you get some great stuff" i thought this was a bit wrong but he assures me it is paths and roads only????

Would love to get more int it but really dont know where to start??

live in cleveland so is there anything around here

HAZHD
HAZHD
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Back to top Go down

Making a newbie look experienced Empty Re: Making a newbie look experienced

Post  Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:01 pm

If it was ok why is he doing it at night!!! I was going to post a right verbal but I won't! Trust the little man on your shoulder who's telling you " that's not right " Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Making a newbie look experienced Empty the voice on my shoulder

Post  HAZHD Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Ark wrote:If it was ok why is he doing it at night!!!  I was going to post a right verbal but I won't!  Trust the little man on your shoulder who's telling you " that's not right " Evil or Very Mad 
yes mate i agree apart from a little morbid and disrespectful, i think its a little shonky i dont think we need to hide what we do
HAZHD
HAZHD
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Mate it's like people digging up lawns in public places ! It used to look like ground hog day at my local park till the council passed a bye law banning it ! Yep everywhere within the city boundary!

A little tip ! I see a lot of people cutting a sq or round plug in the grassed area and ok they replace it an tap it down with their foot but in a lot of cases the plug dies !!! If you only cut 3 sides of the plug or 2/3 of the round one and fold it back it has more chance of continuing to grow .

Try it next time you are out on grass it dosent take much to do ! A good idea is to find out the bye laws of your particular town or city or the owners of any land you want to detect , yes I know that's so oblivious but you would be surprised by the numbers of people who forget their manners or common sence when they get a metal detector in their hands ! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Would always find 2 coins from the eyes of the dead

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Shelby,the only reason the two coins would still be there to be found in the eyes of the dead,is because they haven't allowed for inflation.Bronze coins don't get you far with the ferry man these days.You know the saying,"Have Gold,Will Travel".Laughing 

Cheers Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Great Reply Very Happy 

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Making a newbie look experienced Empty Bitten by the bug

Post  HAZHD Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Well after much research and a few chats i purchassed an Xterra 305, my first outing in the world of hunting saw my finds limited to
2 x stubbie tops, 2 x ring pulls, 1 x lead sinker and closed off with a $2 coin................. oh i thought things are looking up

I returned to the same spot toady for day #2 and once again i removed more pollution from the local breach however i did manage to find 2 old copper boat builders nails and a very nice trinket, which i believe is part of a larger necklace...

The learning curve was steep and i have now a better understanding of the little location finder thingy( technical terms only) and the depth guage is fairly acurate. I can assure you there will be more outings however if anyone would like one hint from something i learnt after hours of fruitless hunting, work the highest water mark down to the smooth sand, my assumption is the higher the water mark the bigger the wash the more objects may be been moved around.

Happy Hunting

HAZ
HAZHD
HAZHD
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Great, keep going, it can only get better from now, you have a whole Summer to go, for finding lots of treasure.

Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down