Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there. New, keen but after some advice

Go down

Hey there. New, keen but after some advice Empty Hey there. New, keen but after some advice

Post  maricksville Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Hey everyone. My names Mark, live on the Sunshine Coast and am keen to get started in detecting. Love my history!

Have played around with a Garrett a few years ago but really had no idea what I was doing. Interested in both gold and relic detecting.

Ive been having a bit of a read of detector reviews and Im considering the following, but would love some additional advice.

Garrett AT PRO
Fisher F5 through to the F75
Minelab X-Terra 705

At the moment Im leaning towards the Minelab, read some great reviews about it, however have also seen a few posts where people have said the detector can be all over the place. Considering Im budgeting up to $1000 any thoughts on a suitable multi-purpose detector?

I saw the maps that had been posted in a few other forums and these are fantastic. Just wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find maps or resources for the Gympie/Sunshine Coast region. Looking for gold and relics.

Thanks!

maricksville
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Hey there. New, keen but after some advice Empty Re: Hey there. New, keen but after some advice

Post  Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Have seen some good reports on the Garrett AT Gold as an all-rounder. You could check them out.

Back to top Go down

Hey there. New, keen but after some advice Empty Re: Hey there. New, keen but after some advice

Post  maricksville Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Thanks again for the advice. Have decided to go with the AT Pro. Just purchased, should be here in a few days.

Thanks for the PM Mbasko, got the info!

maricksville
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down