Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keen to get back to the bush.

5 posters

Go down

Keen to get back to the bush. Empty Keen to get back to the bush.

Post  yellow yonnies Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 am

Just saying G'day

Just joined this great little forum after months of studying up on all things gold. I haven't even been out for a swing yet but am keen as mustard to get back out to the bush.
As a younger bloke I used to spend all my time camping around the central vic area with my family (usually fishing, yabbying or rabbiting).
Now that the kids are at an age where camping is an option again, (minus the rabbiting as I have two girls who probably wouldn't enjoy that so much!!!), I can't wait to spend the weekends out and about showing them what a great place we live in.
I'm hoping to purchase my first detector within the next month or so to add another element to our bush adventures.
I have studied up on the "All About Detectors" section of the forum and at this stage I'm tossing up between an SD2200 or a GP Extreme. Any further advice on these machines would be more than welcome.
If anyone in the Bendigo area has one up for sale make sure you give me a yell. (I'm also keeping tabs on ebay/trading post in case anything pops up within my budget)
Thanks to all the generous forum members who share there knowledge and advice. Hopefully I can share some of my experieces in the not to distant future.

Cheers,
yellow yonnies

yellow yonnies
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Keen to get back to the bush. Empty Re: Keen to get back to the bush.

Post  CostasDee Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:19 am

Gooday Yellow Yonnies, and welcome to the forum. I'm waiting for my kids to grow up a bit so I can share this great passtime with them too, but I think we have a little time to go yet.
I am not in any way affiliated with them, but I have seen 2x SD2200ds on gumtree at the moment. You might just have a look at the photos there too.
Might see you out there one day...
Cheers

PS My little girl (6yo at the time) saw me skinning and gutting a hare and to my surprise, she didn't really mind. I just explained the ways of the world to her, but every kid's different.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow yonnies Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks for the welcome CostasDee,
I haven't had much to do with Gumtree, I'll suss it out.
Yellow Yonnies

yellow yonnies
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Keen to get back to the bush. Empty Keen to get back to the bush

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Welcome to the forum, hope to see you about in the bush some time ,cant help you with detectors as i dont know much my self only just learning.good luck in the future
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 pm

G'day yellow yonnies! Nice ta meet ya! Welcome to the forum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Welcome mate, I agree, there's nothing better than going bush. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down