Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great day trip too Neville with lbg!!

3 posters

Go down

Great day trip too Neville with lbg!! Empty Great day trip too Neville with lbg!!

Post  Hoffs Gold Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Well well its been a long time since i was last out swinging a coil & allot has change since then, I stupidly sold my GPX5000 & my prospecting had all but come to a stand still but the best thing I did was keep in close contact with one of my best mates lbg dreamer & thank good for me he's still talking to me after I sold the 5k god love him. So lbg & I went out for a swing today at a spot I found a few months back, armed with my mates trusty X-Terra705 that he left in my shed lol & Pet with his gold coated 4500 we hit the diggings. Hours past & lbg was working his guts out like allways swinging digging swinging digging with no luck, while myself on the other hand after footy yesterday was detecting 20min flat on my back under a tree for 30 dig 20 & so on. Then lbg came up with the idea of detecting the dry creek bed bellow the diggings & ten minutes in the call comes in over the radio that he had picked up a flat sub gamer out of a bedrock crevice, so up I get in pain & head down to the creek. About a hour of tripping & limping in the creek, my mate gets a good signal & being a true legend calls me over to see what it sounds like with the X-Terra well after hearing that it sounds nothing like it does through the 4500 lbg insists that I dig it bounce , well I'll be what a awesome guy there's no way I could of picked this bit up with the X-Terra without my mates help. Ok so after all that reading you may be thinking this must be a big bit but the truth is she only came in at .41g but the time spent with my mate is worth much more, so thanks for putting up with my bitching & moaning today brother & I can't wait to head out again to keep our golden run going! Maybe with my own detector next time fingers crossed! cheers cheers
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Great day trip too Neville with lbg!! Empty Re: Great day trip too Neville with lbg!!

Post  JeffH Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:07 pm

I think you are right, Pete's detecter skills are exceptional.
JeffH
JeffH
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Great day trip too Neville with lbg!! Empty Re: Great day trip too Neville with lbg!!

Post  Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:19 pm

i have never met lbg but have chatted to him over the phone.... we chat like we have knowen each other for years. your a lucky bloke to have him as a friend as he needs them around him.... i hope he's doing well as i havn't talked to him for a few weeks now...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 am

Hoffs Gold wrote:Well well its been a long time since i was last out swinging a coil & allot has change since then, I stupidly sold my GPX5000 & my prospecting had all but come to a stand still but the best thing I did was keep in close contact with one of my best mates lbg dreamer & thank good for me he's still talking to me after I sold the 5k god love him. So lbg & I went out for a swing today at a spot I found a few months back, armed with my mates trusty X-Terra705 that he left in my shed lol & Pet with his gold coated 4500 we hit the diggings. Hours past & lbg was working his guts out like allways swinging digging swinging digging with no luck, while myself on the other hand after footy yesterday was detecting 20min flat on my back under a tree for 30 dig 20 & so on. Then lbg came up with the idea of detecting the dry creek bed bellow the diggings & ten minutes in the call comes in over the radio that he had picked up a flat sub gamer out of a bedrock crevice, so up I get in pain & head down to the creek. About a hour of tripping & limping in the creek, my mate gets a good signal & being a true legend calls me over to see what it sounds like with the X-Terra well after hearing that it sounds nothing like it does through the 4500 lbg insists that I dig it bounce , well I'll be what a awesome guy there's no way I could of picked this bit up with the X-Terra without my mates help. Ok so after all that reading you may be thinking this must be a big bit but the truth is she only came in at .41g but the time spent with my mate is worth much more, so thanks for putting up with my bitching & moaning today brother & I can't wait to head out again to keep our golden run going! Maybe with my own detector next time fingers crossed! cheers cheers

Thanks mate
It was a great day out
Perfect weather
Great company especially when you were camped under the tree lol!

If you swung over the target before I did
You would have picked it up with the 705
But just remember to keep it out of coin mode
Or the gold disappears affraid
And shortly after you found a similar size shape and depth piece if lead
So you can do it !
But when I got that signal I was sertian it was gold wedged down in the decomposing bedrock
Hence why I called you over Wink
And when you picked up the signal
I just sat down lit a smoke and watched and waited till
That very important nugget came to light ( your second one )
Also with an inferior machine
Considering your first was found with our 5000
But once you seen it wedged in the bedrock
In your hole
You lit up like a little boy in a lollie shop
And that's what detecting with mates is all about
Very Happy
Now your on your way to your next one
Considering we both found gold albeit small
On an area that there is no research material or history
For
We did well
And will continue to do so
As no one has been there before .
That's our second area that has no history
We've pulled gold out
It has been hard but we had some colour to show
After a long search not knowing if detectable gold is there
Or if even gold was found there !
Thanks for the good day out

Thanks jeffh I don't have the strength and stamina I had
But still find a little

And thanks Stoppsy
Well chat soon I'm still floating around Very Happy

Ps my bit was 0.1 lol!
And a bugger to find as I had to smash out the bedrock
After cleaning the crevice and still no target out scratch
It definitely wasn't going to come easily Razz
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Great story Hoffs,and Champion effort from LBG :cheers
keep it up and we will have to call you two the Dynamic duo. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Gus wrote:Great story Hoffs,and Champion effort from LBG :cheers
keep it up and we will have to call you two the Dynamic duo. Cool

Well what can I say mate
I reckon it's about time you headed down
My neck of the woods again
Its been a while havnt seen ya mug since. Christmas Very Happy
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Great day trip too Neville with lbg!! Empty Weres the 5 cent piece

Post  lbg dreamer Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Hey Hoff that lovely near half grammer
Is your second nugget
And reckon it deserves to be put up next to a 5 cent piece mate Very Happy
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 pm

No worries mate,I have reserved you a spot at secret creek next trip. Cool
Cant wait mate Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 am

I replied to you guy's last night but it didn’t work for some reason, I'll try again.
Hit the nail on the head there JeffH he knows what he’s doing I could tell by the look on his face as he sat down to light his celebratory cigarette that he new it was gold well before I got it out of the ground the cheeky bugger! lol!
Hi there Stoppsy he’s doing well, & lucky for me he’s not that hard to be mates with but then again every spot I take him too he finds gold so we’ll see if he likes me when the gold run’s out!
Well look who it is what’s been going on Gus? long time no hear mate still got ya big yellow slug?, sorry I dropped off the face of the earth there for a few months I went in to stealth mode to try a few other prospecting techniques Suspect Wink
Yes yes Pete I’ve been having a few issue’s trying to put a photo up, we need a App for this site so I can load pic’s straight off my iPad or iPhone maybe we could get someone on to that copy that Jefgold? Very Happy
So Pete dirty girl should be on Ebay in the next two day’s fingers crossed she sells so I can get you some cash to try fine a 4500 with some extras for me, also I’ve got a new spot lined up that the old papers have been whispering that some chunky gold’s popped up there in the old day's so look out! affraid pirat
Don’t have 5c too my name Pete so I’ve gone with the old iPhone button.
Cheers Clinton, cheers
Great day trip too Neville with lbg!! _41g_n10
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down