Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mudgee: Where to go?

Go down

Mudgee: Where to go? Empty Mudgee: Where to go?

Post  Ben78 Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi All,
I am in Mudgee for 4 days with the wife and kids and have gotten myself a full day leave pass to go detecting.
I am looking for info on where I can go to detect and hopefully get my first piece of detected gold.
Does anyone know of any state forest or private properties that I can pay to detect? Since I don't know the area and I can't seem to get any info on tours in the area I am a little lost.
I just want to go detect some gold. Any information given will be treated with the utmost confidence and I will be respectful of anyones hard earned patch if such info is given.
Happy to drive up to an hour or so out to get on the ground.
Ben
Ben78
Ben78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Mudgee: Where to go? Empty Re: Mudgee: Where to go?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 pm

G'day Ben78 have you called in to Nuggets From Down Under they maybe able to help you out. Sorry I can't help as I don't know the area as I am from Vic. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben78 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 am

Thanks Mike, I spoke with Linc on the phone but he couldn't tell me if anyone did tours around here. I'm going to head into the shop today as I need to buy a few things like a pick etc. Didn't want to get a pick via the internet without getting a chance to hold it. Maybe some carbon fibre bling too Very Happy
Ben78
Ben78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 25, 2013 9:50 am

Ben - Just come across your post. Didn't see it at the time - sorry.

If you are back around this way again let me know. Plenty of accessible spots about. Sofala & Hill End about 45-50mins away + Windeyer & Hargraves about 30mins.

Some spots closer to Mudgee where nuggets were found but mostly on private property & still sussing out access.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben78 Wed May 29, 2013 6:57 am

Thanks mbasko. I ended up spending a few hours at the common at Hargraves for no gold but I did dig up a lot of shotgun pellets. Some were quite deep too. A lot of trash through there too. I would have thought an easily accesible place like that would have been thoroughly smashed over the years?
Ben78
Ben78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down