Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPS mapping using Oziexplorer and android - help please

3 posters

Go down

GPS mapping using Oziexplorer and android - help please Empty GPS mapping using Oziexplorer and android - help please

Post  jabawoki Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi, Im new to this forum stuff. Not new to detecting, but I have a new smart phone and Oziexplorer installed - now I need some prospecting maps of the golden triangle in Victoria that will work on my phone. Can anyone help me with that aspect please ? Shocked

jabawoki

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

GPS mapping using Oziexplorer and android - help please Empty Re: GPS mapping using Oziexplorer and android - help please

Post  Auger Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Jab'

Once you get your head around Oziexplorer - and if you only then have general purpose maps - I think you will find the information at the following to be useful:

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t2273-historical-gold-mines-in-google-earth

Cheeers - Phil

Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

GPS mapping using Oziexplorer and android - help please Empty Re: GPS mapping using Oziexplorer and android - help please

Post  Auger Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Jab...,

I'm disappointed that no other member has replied so far.

Monster map files are probably not desirable on mobile/phone devices. The Ozi' website should give info' on any restrictions placed on "OziDroid".

BTW - I bought a 'Droid device the other day and opted for a relatively dumb device with a 7inch screen because of failing eyesight. I also intend to install OziDroid and use it for bush work.

Cheers - phil

Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi Phil

Have sent you a PM with a map should work fine on your phone or 7'' screen

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down