Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HI ALL A QUICK INTRODUCTION

+3
NoSetDestination (Greg)
sandy2010
MALCO
7 posters

Go down

HI ALL A QUICK INTRODUCTION Empty HI ALL A QUICK INTRODUCTION

Post  MALCO Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 pm

HI ALL.

My Name is Malcolm, and I have been a member of the forum for a few mts now, and throughly enjoy reading and hopefully obsorbing
the info on this site, sure is a lot of experance and know how here. I am just starting out in this as a hobby, and am in the prosess
of trying to sauce out a sd2200 or a Gp3000 as an entry level Detector.(The Minister for Finance has a limit in place.) So far I have only
contacted Nuggets Down Under and they said they would keep an eye out, and let me know if something comes up. I will contact Coiltek,
next and see if they have anything. I guess no great hurry but I went Panning a couple of days ago and managed to snare a few small
bits and now I am keener then ever. We are in Bingara NSW at the moment and will be heading south for a while, we are traveling around
AUS for a year or 2 or 6 and hopefully will get to catch up with some of you .

Regards MAL AND KERRY.
MALCO
MALCO
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-15

Back to top Go down

HI ALL A QUICK INTRODUCTION Empty Re: HI ALL A QUICK INTRODUCTION

Post  Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 pm

G'day Malcolm and welcome on board as you said there is plenty of interesting info and people on here. Hope you manage to get a detector soon and hope you have a great trip and find some gold along the way. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

HI ALL A QUICK INTRODUCTION Empty HI ALL A QUICK INTRODUCTION

Post  sandy2010 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Malco,
Exiting times........my last big trip was from here in the West to Cooktown (23,000km)great fun( I like Hervey Bay)........don't forget to detect all the beaches.....if you do them with a 2200+, use a salt coil.....and/or buy an el-cheapo
VLF machine....just watch out for "needles" on the more popular beaches.
Enjoy.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  NoSetDestination (Greg) Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Same, good luck with the findings. I'm on a road trip for a year or few as well and detecting when ever I get the chance. Maybe I'll see you around some time. Warrnambool beach has nothing on it except old spikes and nails and a few old cans from what I have found so far. Not sure about the water line because my detector won't discriminate out the salt. I think there are others that do it on a regular basis but leave the rubbish behind. I hope you do better than I seem to so far. Let us know of your finds when u start swinging,
Greg.
NoSetDestination (Greg)
NoSetDestination (Greg)
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2013-02-27

https://www.facebook.com/no.s.destination?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  MALCO Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I went to Bora creek to'day and panned for a couple of hrs , no colour(can't count 1 small speck)but had a good time anyway.
Tomorrow off to Upper Bingara, there is a small gold mine still operating, so at least I know I'm in the right area. The Rivers
and creeks have been in flood for a couple of days ,but have now settled down.

Regards Mal.
MALCO
MALCO
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerdave Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 pm

G'day Malco,

Good to hear you had a win recently, and great to hear that you're so excited. I'm very new to this and am yet to find anything, even a spec would light up my face at this stage. Still plenty out there though, I just have to put my shovel in the right spot I guess.

Happy hunting.

Diggerdave
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy57 Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi Malco. We stayed a couple of nights last august at the 3Creeks Gold Mine at Upper Bingurra. Hot showers and toilets, top little camping spot. Paul is a top bloke, full of knowledge and for a small fee will teach you how to pan in the creek. We enjoyed our stay there and found a little bit of gold. Hoping to call there again this winter on our way home from Townsville. Cheers Grumpy.
grumpy57
grumpy57
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MALCO Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi Diggerdave and Grumpy

Well a change of location certainly made a difference, it's just lucky the rules are not the same as fishing, if I had to throw
the small ones back,I would have come home empty handed. LOL. I will see if I can post a photo. (not good quality sorry)
We are leaving for TAMWORTH Tomorrow.

Regards MAL.
No luck with photo, will try and work it out.
MALCO
MALCO
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:21 pm

G'day Malco,welcome..new here myself,good luck on your travels and hope your finds are plentiful..only been detecting for gold for 12 months and it's a damn site harder to find than coins,let me tell ya affraid but there are lots of friendly,experienced folk on here so it'll make the steep learning curve a lot easier Very Happy

All the best...Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:11 am

G'day Mal here is a link to help with posting your photos.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t8442-how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forum

And this one hope these help.

http://photobucket.com/

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:53 am

kiwijw in items for sale has a 4000 and is open to reasonable offers, Has a lot of accessories and appears to be a good buy, contact him and see how you go.

G.B.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  MALCO Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:00 pm

HI ALL

Sorry we have been out of Internet coverage were we are staying(near Nundle). Thank you for info MIKE54 should be ok now.
GB I have seen the 4000 for sale but a bit more than the Hand brake will let me spend. Crying or Very sad Dave I guess I should be happy
with my few bits that i have panned to date at least it the right colour. Tomorrow I will check out the peel river at Nundel and try
my luck.

REGARDS MAL. HI ALL A QUICK INTRODUCTION 003_6413

MALCO
MALCO
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down