Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finders SuperFix

2 posters

Go down

Finders SuperFix Empty Finders SuperFix

Post  CostasDee Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Some time ago I bought fairly cheaply a little box that attaches to the SD. It is a Finders SuperFix. Supposedly the ants pants add-on for the SDs or so the old rumours go. Well I tried it once and didn't like it. It had weird sounds and somewhat confussed me, so I put it back in my gizmo box and it's been there ever since. I thought I'd give it one more go to see if I can make heads or tails of it. Hence I thought I'd put a post up just in case anyone here has had first hand experience using it, what there thoughts were on it, whether they have any user tips, whether it is even worth trying out again etc, or whether I just stick it back on fleebay and get some money back....
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Finders SuperFix Empty Re: Finders SuperFix

Post  ballaratgold Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:31 am

hi costadee
seen the superfix in action about 5 years ago when ( when the designer of it ) cant think of his name now
bought it out unanounced to a camp we were at mataranka
well talk about him trying to say this is the best thing since sliced bread it was a flop
he had it hooked up to a 2100 and did depth tests with it and was making strange sounds wasnt really picking up nothing

heres the best bit others at the camp put up there not modded 2100s and 2200s and completly blew away the superfix on depth and signal he had to admit it was back to the drawing board to try and fix his new toy seems like it never worked back then or now he was a persistant little bugger trying to flog em at the time but everyone at the demo said it was a flop think at the time they were flogging them for 1100 bucks they sold heaps to unweary buyers and ive seen so many on ebay buyers trying to get back a pittance for what they originally paid
your best of trying to resell it good luck
john
ballaratgold
ballaratgold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am

Thanks for your reply John.

That's roughly my experience with it when I tested it. The thing that got me initially was the ability to use a mono coil quietly and the ability to use it near powerlines. I thought if I could achieve this, I'd be fine, but, when I tested it I couldn't notice any depth advantage and the sound it was making left me scratching my head. Nevertheless, I thought I'd put up the post on here incase I was doing something wrong and someone could say that they had actually mastered it and that it had a real advantge over a standard SD. I don't really expect to hear that it's the ants pants or the bees knees, but I was quietly hoping to. Just checking to see if I was doing anything wrong...

Luckily for me, I didn't pay anywhere near that amount so basically even if I toss it back in the gizmo box, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 pm

the bloke that used to own finders in dunnoly (roberts from memory) made them years ago, before he closed down.

the two options you have to get the most out of it is.....e-bay or target practice Laughing

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:53 pm

lol! fencejumper. Fleebay might have to be the go as they're too big for target practice, unless I set it up 500m away I suppose.

Just seeing if there are any possible signs that anyone in the world had any sort of possible luck with using them, but alas it seems the answer is a big fat NO.

Q08 Q08
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down