Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absolute newbie needing help from experienced treasure hunters!

2 posters

Go down

Absolute newbie needing help from experienced treasure hunters! Empty Absolute newbie needing help from experienced treasure hunters!

Post  Yorkyhunter Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi all sunny

I LOVE digging around in the dirt finding 'treasure' and recently met a nice chap who was detecting in a vacant block near my home.

I was fascinated and realised this was a world I am destined to be a part of!

I have NO clue about where to start, Google is mind boggling and there are metal detectors from $50 to $5,000 yow~

However I would appreciate ANY useful suggestions regarding what to buy (please keep in mind I do not have access to very much cashola at all!!)

Are there any good second hand places (I tried Reeds but they had one one...and was too costly anyway). Im kinda tempted to buy an online $100 model??? arggggg help! affraid

Thanks so much by the way Im not interested in million dollar gold nuggets Id be thrilled but Id be just as happy with a coin or a pretty button!!! I just love the search ..... Very Happy

Yorkyhunter
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Back to top Go down

Absolute newbie needing help from experienced treasure hunters! Empty Re: Absolute newbie needing help from experienced treasure hunters!

Post  kon61 Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 am

G'day Yorkyhunter,welcome to the forum.

There are plenty of coin/cache detectors of the cheaper kind.Browse through the web and see if you could find one to match you specific needs and budget.I can't recommend anything for a hundred bucks though.Get into Kellyco USA Metal Detector Superstore for ideas and then ring around some local Aus stores here,for a possible match and what they could do on price.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Absolute newbie needing help from experienced treasure hunters! Empty Re: Absolute newbie needing help from experienced treasure hunters!

Post  Yorkyhunter Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks for the reply Kon61 will check out online the staor you recommended cheers happy hunting Smile

Yorkyhunter
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:16 am

Hi Yorkyhunter and welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new to this hobby myself but from what I have gathered thus far a Garrett Ace 250 detector would probably suit you fine I reckon, if its just coins and such your looking for. They are relatively at the cheaper end of the scale and should do you proud.

Back to top Go down