Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Gold Detecting

2 posters

Go down

New to Gold Detecting Empty New to Gold Detecting

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Hello all,

Well for many reasons my choices in work and life have changed just recently, more so due to a workplace accident. The benefit and positives to it all is I now have the freedom to sit back and enjoy the family and life, good bye to the 9 to 5 grind.

I have always had an interest in Gold Detecting and it was one of those things that always got placed in the back of my mind and never eventuated. Until now.

I am planning on starting and would appreciate any advice from anyone willing to give it. I need advice on equipment especially, what to buy? Where to buy it? Best places for researching?.

I thank you all for your time and Merry Xmas.

Kind Regards

Lambi

Back to top Go down

New to Gold Detecting Empty Re: New to Gold Detecting

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Pick, shovel, crow bar, gold pan, a couple of sives, gold sucker bottle (non mechanical) Smile a metal detector.....not mandatory but it helps. Some ground where gold has been found Basketball Very Happy Wink
Tha camper van, porta potty, TV, Bar fridge and solar panels can come later. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi Lambi73 & welcome to the forum Very Happy

The best advice that anyone can give you is to go through this HUGE site, and learn as much as you can from here! You will find almost every piece of information that you could ever possibly want or need ... except for the co-ordinates of your first gold find!! Very Happy

Probably the most expensive and best detector currently is the GPX5000 which will set you back $6500 plus ancilliaries.
A good gold panning set will set you back about $50 or so.
Between the two are a hundred and one different methods of seeking gold ... and an infinite number of differing prices.

That having been said ... firstly you should decide HOW you want to seek gold. Then slowly, methodically research, research and more research! In the meantime, let us know where your main interest lies, and I am sure there will be any one of a number of respected and proficient gold hunters here, who will assist you. Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi Lambi73, Smile Welcome to the forum, a world of advice and opinions Rolling Eyes are at your disposal, well said Kate, Wink as you talk a little more about what you intend to do and at what level of frequency and intensity and such it will become apparent what advice will suit you best, best wishes for the festive season.

Wayne. cheers

Last edited by Digginerup on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Lambi73 welcom to the forum
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 pm

G'day and welcome to the forum Lambi73... Very Happy As others have said there is heaps of good information on this site for all to read... Wish you good luck in your new hobby and adventures... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers santa

Back to top Go down

New to Gold Detecting Empty Thank you

Post  Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Thank you all for your kind replies.

Your advice is greatly appreciated and I have found some very useful information in the forum.

Hope you all have a safe and very merry xmas.

Kind Regards

Lambi

Back to top Go down