GOLD DETECTING

Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty GOLD DETECTING

Post  dundiggin on Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:46 pm

It is abundantly clear that prospectors fear loss of areas to practise their gold love.. And the majority go crook about prevailing and future regulations the foundation of which are espoused by a growing body of enthusiasts endeavouring to re-establish Eden-like conditions and in so doing logging is out, damaging any seedling is out, disturbing the undergrowth is out, clearing leaf litter is out, but all these activities reduce the risk of property damage and loss of life and/or injury … Do you get my drift?????? Who are the culprits for disasters????? Idea

dundiggin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  hugh62 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 am

dundiggin ; '' who are the culprits '' Question I believe its the MSM ,by giving these groups fuel enriched oxygen ,( but i'll also add that I believe there are other issues just as important '' I've also believe that its not our elected Politicans that run the country ,it's the MSM & Lawyers .Now whether one loves or hates these groups ,I do admire there '' management '' ie ; there ability & capacity for PR and conveying their messages via MSM ,their intricate knowledge of Law in order to manipulate / alter it ,remembering that many of their leaders are in fact lawyers Exclamation Now the other reality is I believe ,that a large % of  people believe in what they read ,see or hear ,for no capacity to think outside of the square ,Denialist's who wont listen to  any other form of thought ,other than what the MSM tells them .Another form of this is advertising / marketing ,whom we are smothered with ,personally I find it rather vile & disgusting ,but in reality it abviously works ,same thing again ,cause people believe it .
                                            But I believe there's also a lesson to be learnt from all of this and having said the above ,I also believe we can counteract a lot of this ,thou it depends a lot on our unity and no's and participation .And when I mean '' WE '' I mean not just us fossickers ,but the fishers ,shooters ,4wder's etc etc ,who are impacted by these groups ,and feel rather maginilised ,and that our message isn't being heard .One of the greatest fears that MSM has is '' SOCIAL MEDIA '' and platforms like this .Now whilst I'd agree that there is also a lot of rubbish on SM ,fact is ,it does give us a voice .it also enables our representative groups the ability to convey their messages ,ie the Melbourne rally last year .also the ability to sign these online petitions .Reality too is that many other detectorists ive come across ,cant switch a computer on ,and the ones that can ,simply rubbish sites such as this .Point is i'm trying to make is ,I believe their are far greater no's out there ,that aren't members of any organisations ,so until many ,probably the majority ,get active ,join up were going to see a escalation of these problems . Exclamation
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 352
Age : 58
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  granite2 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Seeing people who have obviously been driven completely nuts by the scaremongering flood our streets is a bit scary. Social Media is responsible for most of it but only because these people don't bother to think for themselves and instead follow the extremely strong message put out and reinforced many times a day that the world is doomed: ie if Scott Morrison doesn't resign, we don't return to the stone age etc.

I am for registering every protestor, especially the anti coal mob, and turning off their power and gas and see how long it takes before they beg to have it turned back on.

If people learned to think things through before taking action this world would be a better place for everyone.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  Nightjar on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Jim, When our grandies are coming home from school crying and telling us the "Boomers" have destroyed the world and they are going to die is taking scaremongering way too far.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2498
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  god's money on Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Nightjar wrote:Jim, When our grandies are coming home from school crying and telling us the "Boomers" have destroyed the world and they are going to die is taking scaremongering way too far.
Yep us boomers, we got it all and left nothing for the next generation, be affraid

god's money
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2019-08-13

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  geof_junk on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:45 pm

We boomers grew up under the cloud of atomic fallout.(had to take iodine tablets at school and bomb shelter training) London population had to inhaling poison air. Now we are in our seventies and made the information technology for the grand-kids to find a solution of the worlds problems.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty RE; GOLD DETECTING

Post  dundiggin on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 pm

I think it sad very sad that climate change has become the new religion with zealots gluing themselves to the road etc. What makes them think their dogmatic,hysterical approach will instantly reverse the current situation?? When its all said and done we have allowed greed and promotion of self to get us where we are.. Things do not look good.. Even gold is running out and they are doing their darndist to stop detecting... God help us.. Dundiggin.

dundiggin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  adrian ss on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:38 pm

Maybe if we started teaching our kids the realities of global warming and climate change they would not be going into psycho  and terrified panic believing that we are all going to be extinct in 20 years..
    Yes there is climate change and global warming and it is being caused by  astronomically normal cyclic events.
For example:
We have lived in Canberra since 1979 and back then during mid summer sunrise the sun could not quite shine through our front room windows....Today it does and lights up quite q bit of one wall....The earth is tilting and wobbling like a slowing down gyro or spinning top. In summer the axis of spin of the earth is angled more and more towards the sun exposing more of Southern Australia and the South Pole to more direct light and heat and it is going to keep on tilting for another 5000 to 7000 years.....So no matter what we do the earth's atmosphere  is going to warm up more an more. We have to adapt or die.
   Maybe the first step is to begin building our houses and water storages under ground.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  Reg Wilson on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 pm

"God help us". Best of luck with that one.
The Babyboomers started out with hopes of changing the world, but many took the 'thirty pieces of silver', and did a complete turn around and became 'capitalist running dogs', who now rubbish the youth of the world who question government corruption and the power of the super wealthy such as Murdoch and other oligarchs who through their enormous wealth and power rule this world for their own benefit.
Pathetic are those that praise and suck up to the pillagers of this world.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 481
Age : 72
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty The dominant driver of global warming is rising levels of atmospheric C02

Post  planetcare on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 pm

adrian ss wrote:Maybe if we started teaching our kids the realities of global warming and climate change they would not be going into psycho  and terrified panic believing that we are all going to be extinct in 20 years..
    Yes there is climate change and global warming and it is being caused by  astronomically normal cyclic events.
For example:
We have lived in Canberra since 1979 and back then during mid summer sunrise the sun could not quite shine through our front room windows....Today it does and lights up quite q bit of one wall....The earth is tilting and wobbling like a slowing down gyro or spinning top. In summer the axis of spin of the earth is angled more and more towards the sun exposing more of Southern Australia and the South Pole to more direct light and heat and it is going to keep on tilting for another 5000 to 7000 years.....So no matter what we do the earth's atmosphere  is going to warm up more an more. We have to adapt or die.
   Maybe the first step is to begin building our houses and water storages under ground.

The dominant driver of global warming is rising levels of atmospheric C02, this is now beyond all reasonable doubt. Astronomical cycles or solar output or any other natural cycles cannot explain  or account for all the observations. For example how does your theory account for the fact that the lower atmosphere is warming and the upper atmosphere to the mesosphere is cooling?

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Climate change

Post  Reg Wilson on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:46 pm

Planetcare, you may as well go whistle 'dixy' at the moon as to challenge redneck deniers on prospecting forums. For some reason prospecting attracts the greedy and the ill informed. Not all, by any means, but you can take it from me that a great proportion of so called prospectors are on the far right of the political spectrum and brand people who preside , (like myself) in the center as leftards or commoes. These people suffer from the delusion that they are in fact in the middle, and those that disagree are 'lefties'. From my experience the most outspoken on the far right are the biggest frauds, with little gold to be legitimately claimed.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 481
Age : 72
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:33 am

Oi dundiggin, you forgot to mention as well as include, the protection of the fat bellied, blue ar*ed, long tonged, spotted tailed chameleon. Q35
It is unfortunate to say, it takes a disaster of epic proportions, at the cost of much life, to make people put their political/personal, differences or self interest/gains aside, in order to foresee clearly.  Life is a game of give/take. Nothing or no one, can have it all their own way, all of the time, or there will be a break down in structure. Compromise can only exist or take place, where self interest is non existent.
No matter how small or large a contribution man has made, or continues to make, towards climate change, change in climate itself, is inevitable.
One only has to look back at history & see where waters once flowed in abundance, are now barren, dry desert wastelands (well before any industrial revolution ever having taken place)
It is unfortunate, but as the earths populations grow in size, so will their demand for consumption/possession be, placing more stress on ones environment & all living things within.
Sir Isaac Newton once stated  "For every action, there's is an equal in size & opposite in direction, reaction force.
I see the earth as being the same as a finely tuned scale & how much each & or everyone of us (including that of all living things) put in, or take out, directly or indirectly, before tipping the scale to one side or another.(most of the time, with dire consequence). Consequence of which all people/countries around the world are now, or soon to be experiencing, in the not so distant future.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3558
Age : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  adrian ss on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:19 am

planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:Maybe if we started teaching our kids the realities of global warming and climate change they would not be going into psycho  and terrified panic believing that we are all going to be extinct in 20 years..
    Yes there is climate change and global warming and it is being caused by  astronomically normal cyclic events.
For example:
We have lived in Canberra since 1979 and back then during mid summer sunrise the sun could not quite shine through our front room windows....Today it does and lights up quite q bit of one wall....The earth is tilting and wobbling like a slowing down gyro or spinning top. In summer the axis of spin of the earth is angled more and more towards the sun exposing more of Southern Australia and the South Pole to more direct light and heat and it is going to keep on tilting for another 5000 to 7000 years.....So no matter what we do the earth's atmosphere  is going to warm up more an more. We have to adapt or die.
   Maybe the first step is to begin building our houses and water storages under ground.

The dominant driver of global warming is rising levels of atmospheric C02, this is now beyond all reasonable doubt. Astronomical cycles or solar output or any other natural cycles cannot explain  or account for all the observations. For example how does your theory account for the fact that the lower atmosphere is warming and the upper atmosphere to the mesosphere is cooling?

For starters it is not my theory. There is ample geological evidence that  proves the earth has gone through a great many warming and cooling cycles every 26,000 years. Just do a bit of research.The glaciers and the North and South poles have been melting for thousands of years before white honnkies ever became industrialised and started pumping garbage into the atmosphere.

As for the mesosphere? You may as well ask me what created God or what is causing the rapidly increasing amount of cosmic radiation reaching earth? Or in other words; stuffed if I know.

On the other hand at -5 deg C to - 80 deg C the temp of the mesosphere covers a significant range and so an average  increase or decrease is likely exactly that. An average is an average of all the highs and lows taken over a period of time so maybe the increase is just a normal high average reading.....Or maybe the increase occurs as a result of the cyclical warming period ?? Or maybe it is somehow caused by the ever increasing level of cosmic radiation

My IQ is very normal at around 127 so don't expect me to be a big problem solver. Hell I'm hard pressed just figuring out which slipper goes on which foot. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  planetcare on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:45 am

adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:Maybe if we started teaching our kids the realities of global warming and climate change they would not be going into psycho  and terrified panic believing that we are all going to be extinct in 20 years..
    Yes there is climate change and global warming and it is being caused by  astronomically normal cyclic events.
For example:
We have lived in Canberra since 1979 and back then during mid summer sunrise the sun could not quite shine through our front room windows....Today it does and lights up quite q bit of one wall....The earth is tilting and wobbling like a slowing down gyro or spinning top. In summer the axis of spin of the earth is angled more and more towards the sun exposing more of Southern Australia and the South Pole to more direct light and heat and it is going to keep on tilting for another 5000 to 7000 years.....So no matter what we do the earth's atmosphere  is going to warm up more an more. We have to adapt or die.
   Maybe the first step is to begin building our houses and water storages under ground.

The dominant driver of global warming is rising levels of atmospheric C02, this is now beyond all reasonable doubt. Astronomical cycles or solar output or any other natural cycles cannot explain  or account for all the observations. For example how does your theory account for the fact that the lower atmosphere is warming and the upper atmosphere to the mesosphere is cooling?

For starters it is not my theory. There is ample geological evidence that  proves the earth has gone through a great many warming and cooling cycles every 26,000 years. Just do a bit of research.The glaciers and the North and South poles have been melting for thousands of years before white honnkies ever became industrialised and started pumping garbage into the atmosphere.

As for the mesosphere? You may as well ask me what created God or what is causing the rapidly increasing amount of cosmic radiation reaching earth? Or in other words; stuffed if I know.

On the other hand at -5 deg C to - 80 deg C the temp of the mesosphere covers a significant range and so an average  increase or decrease is likely exactly that. An average is an average of all the highs and lows taken over a period of time so maybe the increase is just a normal high average reading.....Or maybe the increase occurs as a result of the cyclical warming period ?? Or maybe it is somehow caused by the ever increasing level of cosmic radiation

My IQ is very normal at around 127 so don't expect me to be a big problem solver. Hell I'm hard pressed just figuring out which slipper goes on which foot. Very Happy

Orbital effects like Milankovich cycles cannot explain the present warming. The earth is presently warming at a rate 10 times faster than when it has emerged from past ice ages and the C02 level is higher(over 40%) than at any time in the last 800,000 years!
https://climatefeedback.org/claimreview/earths-orbit-cannot-explain-modern-climate-change/
https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-are-as-sure-as-you-can-be-in-science-that-humans-caused-climate-change


Last edited by planetcare on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added important additional link)

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  tony p on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:05 am

Reg Wilson wrote:Planetcare, you may as well go whistle 'dixy' at the moon as to challenge redneck deniers on prospecting forums. For some reason prospecting attracts the greedy and the ill informed. Not all, by any means, but you can take it from me that a great proportion of so called prospectors are on the far right of the political spectrum and brand people who preside , (like myself) in the center as leftards or commoes. These people suffer from the delusion that they are in fact in the middle, and those that disagree are 'lefties'. From my experience the most outspoken on the far right are the biggest frauds, with little gold to be legitimately claimed.

'redneck deniers'...bit harsh mate.
Prospecting (and this is only my opinion) dos not attract 'greedy and ill-informed' people. It actually represents a broad cross section of the community
in general...including greedy and ill informed people, also including average hard working people, very affluent, very poor, very smart and very dumb. The "rich tapestry of life" as it were. I would also say as a general statement that many of the full time prospectors I have met appear to be be well above average intelligence. I have put it down to a small group of people that can see beyond societal conventions and choose to live life on there own terms.
The most wonderful thing about prospecting is that it does not discriminate....any one can have a go.....unlike the so called 'climate debate' where people either go along with the herd or are labelled 'climate deniers'

Have a look at this fellas work if your interested: https://www.dr-robert-fagan.com/

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  Reg Wilson on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:49 am

I did say,"not all, by any means". I have worked with and have met some great people in the prospecting game, but unfortunately I have also come in contact with and have had dealings with some of the greediest, nastiest, scheming low lifes that you could imagine. I could not count the number of times that I have had to ask people to leave my claims and my property. Some have even refused to leave until I called the police.
I have had equipment sabotaged and stolen, and at one time had to live in a caravan on my claim and patrol at night to keep 'moonlighters' out. I have seen greed take over and partners rip each other off over gold finds. Threats, fights, and even firearms brandished over gold. I could write a book on the 'undesirables' who haunt the prospecting world.
Sure there are a lot of decent people of all walks of life who prospect and fossick, but unfortunately there are a great number who are motivated by greed and selfishness. You only have to look at the mess left behind by some prospecting 'tourists' in WA, or the unfilled holes left all over the country to see that there are many who just don't care about anything other than themselves.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 481
Age : 72
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  planetcare on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:56 am

tony p wrote:
Reg Wilson wrote:Planetcare, you may as well go whistle 'dixy' at the moon as to challenge redneck deniers on prospecting forums. For some reason prospecting attracts the greedy and the ill informed. Not all, by any means, but you can take it from me that a great proportion of so called prospectors are on the far right of the political spectrum and brand people who preside , (like myself) in the center as leftards or commoes. These people suffer from the delusion that they are in fact in the middle, and those that disagree are 'lefties'. From my experience the most outspoken on the far right are the biggest frauds, with little gold to be legitimately claimed.

'redneck deniers'...bit harsh mate.
Prospecting (and this is only my opinion) dos not attract 'greedy and ill-informed' people. It actually represents a broad cross section of the community
in general...including greedy and ill informed people, also including average hard working people, very affluent, very poor, very smart and very dumb. The "rich tapestry of life" as it were. I would also say as a general statement that many of the full time prospectors I have met appear to be be well above average intelligence. I have put it down to a small group of people that can see beyond societal conventions and choose to live life on there own terms.
The most wonderful thing about prospecting is that it does not discriminate....any one can have a go.....unlike the so called 'climate debate' where people either go along with the herd or are labelled 'climate deniers'

Have a look at this fellas work if your interested:    https://www.dr-robert-fagan.com/

Dr-Robert-Fagan is a climate change denier. Sad to see how a well qualified geologist can publish so much scientific nonsense and factually incorrect information.

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  tony p on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:14 am

[quote="planetcare"]
tony p wrote:
Reg Wilson wrote:Planetcare, you may as well go whistle 'dixy' at the moon as to challenge redneck deniers on prospecting forums. For some reason prospecting attracts the greedy and the ill informed. Not all, by any means, but you can take it from me that a great proportion of so called prospectors are on the far right of the political spectrum and brand people who preside , (like myself) in the center as leftards or commoes. These people suffer from the delusion that they are in fact in the middle, and those that disagree are 'lefties'. From my experience the most outspoken on the far right are the biggest frauds, with little gold to be legitimately claimed.

'redneck deniers'...bit harsh mate.
Prospecting (and this is only my opinion) dos not attract 'greedy and ill-informed' people. It actually represents a broad cross section of the community
in general...including greedy and ill informed people, also including average hard working people, very affluent, very poor, very smart and very dumb. The "rich tapestry of life" as it were. I would also say as a general statement that many of the full time prospectors I have met appear to be be well above average intelligence. I have put it down to a small group of people that can see beyond societal conventions and choose to live life on there own terms.
The most wonderful thing about prospecting is that it does not discriminate....any one can have a go.....unlike the so called 'climate debate' where people either go along with the herd or are labelled 'climate deniers'

Have a look at this fellas work if your interested:    https://www.dr-robert-fagan.com/

Dr-Robert-Fagan is a climate change denier. Sad to see how a well qualified  geologist can publish  so much scientific nonsense and factually incorrect information.[/quote

Without trying to attack you personally planetcare...thank you for demonstrating my point....'your group' are classic....'he's a denier....he's a denier...he's a witch....burn the witch'....you must love Monty Python.

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  planetcare on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:32 am

[quote="tony p"]
planetcare wrote:
tony p wrote:
Reg Wilson wrote:Planetcare, you may as well go whistle 'dixy' at the moon as to challenge redneck deniers on prospecting forums. For some reason prospecting attracts the greedy and the ill informed. Not all, by any means, but you can take it from me that a great proportion of so called prospectors are on the far right of the political spectrum and brand people who preside , (like myself) in the center as leftards or commoes. These people suffer from the delusion that they are in fact in the middle, and those that disagree are 'lefties'. From my experience the most outspoken on the far right are the biggest frauds, with little gold to be legitimately claimed.

'redneck deniers'...bit harsh mate.
Prospecting (and this is only my opinion) dos not attract 'greedy and ill-informed' people. It actually represents a broad cross section of the community
in general...including greedy and ill informed people, also including average hard working people, very affluent, very poor, very smart and very dumb. The "rich tapestry of life" as it were. I would also say as a general statement that many of the full time prospectors I have met appear to be be well above average intelligence. I have put it down to a small group of people that can see beyond societal conventions and choose to live life on there own terms.
The most wonderful thing about prospecting is that it does not discriminate....any one can have a go.....unlike the so called 'climate debate' where people either go along with the herd or are labelled 'climate deniers'

Have a look at this fellas work if your interested:    https://www.dr-robert-fagan.com/

Dr-Robert-Fagan is a climate change denier. Sad to see how a well qualified  geologist can publish  so much scientific nonsense and factually incorrect information.[/quote

Without trying to attack you personally planetcare...thank you for demonstrating my point....'your group' are classic....'he's a denier....he's a denier...he's a witch....burn the witch'....you must love Monty Python.


Dr-Robert-Fagan posts many of the same thoroughly discredited climate denier arguments and factually incorrect information. If people want the real facts on climate change then go to a site/blog that is run by practicing and publishing climate scientists.
Climate science from climate scientists
http://www.realclimate.org/
Or the IPCC
https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/03/ar4-wg1-chapter1.pdf
For the discovery of global warming
https://history.aip.org/climate/index.htm

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  adrian ss on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:12 pm

planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:Maybe if we started teaching our kids the realities of global warming and climate change they would not be going into psycho  and terrified panic believing that we are all going to be extinct in 20 years..
    Yes there is climate change and global warming and it is being caused by  astronomically normal cyclic events.
For example:
We have lived in Canberra since 1979 and back then during mid summer sunrise the sun could not quite shine through our front room windows....Today it does and lights up quite q bit of one wall....The earth is tilting and wobbling like a slowing down gyro or spinning top. In summer the axis of spin of the earth is angled more and more towards the sun exposing more of Southern Australia and the South Pole to more direct light and heat and it is going to keep on tilting for another 5000 to 7000 years.....So no matter what we do the earth's atmosphere  is going to warm up more an more. We have to adapt or die.
   Maybe the first step is to begin building our houses and water storages under ground.

The dominant driver of global warming is rising levels of atmospheric C02, this is now beyond all reasonable doubt. Astronomical cycles or solar output or any other natural cycles cannot explain  or account for all the observations. For example how does your theory account for the fact that the lower atmosphere is warming and the upper atmosphere to the mesosphere is cooling?

For starters it is not my theory. There is ample geological evidence that  proves the earth has gone through a great many warming and cooling cycles every 26,000 years. Just do a bit of research.The glaciers and the North and South poles have been melting for thousands of years before white honnkies ever became industrialised and started pumping garbage into the atmosphere.

As for the mesosphere? You may as well ask me what created God or what is causing the rapidly increasing amount of cosmic radiation reaching earth? Or in other words; stuffed if I know.

On the other hand at -5 deg C to - 80 deg C the temp of the mesosphere covers a significant range and so an average  increase or decrease is likely exactly that. An average is an average of all the highs and lows taken over a period of time so maybe the increase is just a normal high average reading.....Or maybe the increase occurs as a result of the cyclical warming period ?? Or maybe it is somehow caused by the ever increasing level of cosmic radiation

My IQ is very normal at around 127 so don't expect me to be a big problem solver. Hell I'm hard pressed just figuring out which slipper goes on which foot. Very Happy

Orbital effects like Milankovich cycles cannot explain the present warming. The earth is presently warming at a rate 10 times faster than when it has emerged from past ice ages and the C02 level is higher(over 40%) than at any time in the last 800,000 years!
https://climatefeedback.org/claimreview/earths-orbit-cannot-explain-modern-climate-change/
https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-are-as-sure-as-you-can-be-in-science-that-humans-caused-climate-change


200,000 years ago the human population was said to be approx 10,000 to 30,000.
2000 years ago it was approx 300 million.
Today it is 7.2 billion.

Every breath we exhale is carbon dioxide therefore we alone are adding a significant amount of CO2 into the atmosphere.  
I am sure that there is some bright spark out there who can calculate how many tons of CO2  we breath into the atmosphere every day.

There are approx 1.4 billion motor vehicles on the road every day and they belch out a significant qty of CO2.

Climate change and global warming is an absolute fact but who or what is the main contributor/cause is up for debate....I believe that it is a combination of natural astronomical cycles and human man made atmospheric pollutants.

Climate change activists and scare mongers are at our leaders to do something about climate change that will fix the problem of global warming and still maintain our current lifestyle of ease and luxury. I am all ears and eyes. Got any suggestions that will actually work without sending us all broke and having to sell garden gnomes to hippies from our front yards. Very Happy

We could remove all human life from the earth right now and without any doubt the warming cycle will continue.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  planetcare on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:44 pm

adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:Maybe if we started teaching our kids the realities of global warming and climate change they would not be going into psycho  and terrified panic believing that we are all going to be extinct in 20 years..
    Yes there is climate change and global warming and it is being caused by  astronomically normal cyclic events.
For example:
We have lived in Canberra since 1979 and back then during mid summer sunrise the sun could not quite shine through our front room windows....Today it does and lights up quite q bit of one wall....The earth is tilting and wobbling like a slowing down gyro or spinning top. In summer the axis of spin of the earth is angled more and more towards the sun exposing more of Southern Australia and the South Pole to more direct light and heat and it is going to keep on tilting for another 5000 to 7000 years.....So no matter what we do the earth's atmosphere  is going to warm up more an more. We have to adapt or die.
   Maybe the first step is to begin building our houses and water storages under ground.

The dominant driver of global warming is rising levels of atmospheric C02, this is now beyond all reasonable doubt. Astronomical cycles or solar output or any other natural cycles cannot explain  or account for all the observations. For example how does your theory account for the fact that the lower atmosphere is warming and the upper atmosphere to the mesosphere is cooling?

For starters it is not my theory. There is ample geological evidence that  proves the earth has gone through a great many warming and cooling cycles every 26,000 years. Just do a bit of research.The glaciers and the North and South poles have been melting for thousands of years before white honnkies ever became industrialised and started pumping garbage into the atmosphere.

As for the mesosphere? You may as well ask me what created God or what is causing the rapidly increasing amount of cosmic radiation reaching earth? Or in other words; stuffed if I know.

On the other hand at -5 deg C to - 80 deg C the temp of the mesosphere covers a significant range and so an average  increase or decrease is likely exactly that. An average is an average of all the highs and lows taken over a period of time so maybe the increase is just a normal high average reading.....Or maybe the increase occurs as a result of the cyclical warming period ?? Or maybe it is somehow caused by the ever increasing level of cosmic radiation

My IQ is very normal at around 127 so don't expect me to be a big problem solver. Hell I'm hard pressed just figuring out which slipper goes on which foot. Very Happy

Orbital effects like Milankovich cycles cannot explain the present warming. The earth is presently warming at a rate 10 times faster than when it has emerged from past ice ages and the C02 level is higher(over 40%) than at any time in the last 800,000 years!
https://climatefeedback.org/claimreview/earths-orbit-cannot-explain-modern-climate-change/
https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-are-as-sure-as-you-can-be-in-science-that-humans-caused-climate-change


200,000 years ago the human population was said to be approx 10,000 to 30,000.
2000 years ago it was approx 300 million.
Today it is 7.2 billion.

Every breath we exhale is carbon dioxide therefore we alone are adding a significant amount of CO2 into the atmosphere.  
I am sure that there is some bright spark out there who can calculate how many tons of CO2  we breath into the atmosphere every day.

There are approx 1.4 billion motor vehicles on the road every day and they belch out a significant qty of CO2.

Climate change and global warming is an absolute fact but who or what is the main contributor/cause is up for debate....I believe that it is a combination of natural astronomical cycles and human man made atmospheric pollutants.

Climate change activists and scare mongers are at our leaders to do something about climate change that will fix the problem of global warming and still maintain our current lifestyle of ease and luxury. I am all ears and eyes. Got any suggestions that will actually work without sending us all broke and having to sell garden gnomes to hippies from our front yards. Very Happy

We could remove all human life from the earth right now and without any doubt the warming cycle will continue.

The physics and an enormous body of diverse scientific evidence says that the present warming is almost solely due to anthropogenic C02 emissions . Eg Measurements between 2000 and 2010 using Atmospheric Emitted Radiance Interferometers at 2 USA sites showed observationally based evidence of clear-sky CO2 surface radiative forcing that is directly attributable to the increase, between 2000 and 2010, of 22 parts per million of atmospheric CO2. Ie a direct relationship between the rise in C02 levels and a statistically significant increase in surface radiative troposphere forcing as predicted by the greenhouse theory.
https://www.climatechangenews.com/2015/03/02/scientists-confirm-critical-link-between-co2-emissions-and-warming/

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  god's money on Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:13 pm

A simpleton like me says, burn most of the hundreds of thousand year old stored carbon in a few hundred years and something got to give! But if I dig a few holes and chop down a bit of vegetation in doing so it will equate to about one mite in the worlds carpets. I say ban air travel go solar, make the big polluters plant trees!I love you

god's money
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2019-08-13

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  tony p on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:I did say,"not all, by any means". I have worked with and have met some great people in the prospecting game, but unfortunately I have also come in contact with and have had dealings with some of the greediest, nastiest, scheming low lifes that you could imagine. I could not count the number of times that I have had to ask people to leave my claims and my property.  Some have even refused to leave until I called the police.
I have had equipment sabotaged and stolen, and at one time had to live in a caravan on my claim and patrol at night to keep 'moonlighters' out. I have seen greed take over and partners rip each other off over gold finds. Threats, fights, and even firearms brandished over gold. I could write a book on the 'undesirables' who haunt the prospecting world.
Sure there are a lot of decent people of all walks of life who prospect and fossick, but unfortunately there are a great number who are motivated by greed and selfishness. You only have to look at the mess left behind by some prospecting 'tourists' in WA, or the unfilled holes left all over the country to see that there are many who just don't care about anything other than themselves.

Sure Reg....100% correct....I too can write a book....thing is...most of these 'bad eggs' are not prospectors...they are tourists from city's and therefore represent society. It is not 'prospecting' that brings out the worst in people mate....the people are already rotten. Only my opinion btw.

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  tony p on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:33 pm

[quote="planetcare"]
tony p wrote:
planetcare wrote:
tony p wrote:
Reg Wilson wrote:Planetcare, you may as well go whistle 'dixy' at the moon as to challenge redneck deniers on prospecting forums. For some reason prospecting attracts the greedy and the ill informed. Not all, by any means, but you can take it from me that a great proportion of so called prospectors are on the far right of the political spectrum and brand people who preside , (like myself) in the center as leftards or commoes. These people suffer from the delusion that they are in fact in the middle, and those that disagree are 'lefties'. From my experience the most outspoken on the far right are the biggest frauds, with little gold to be legitimately claimed.

'redneck deniers'...bit harsh mate.
Prospecting (and this is only my opinion) dos not attract 'greedy and ill-informed' people. It actually represents a broad cross section of the community
in general...including greedy and ill informed people, also including average hard working people, very affluent, very poor, very smart and very dumb. The "rich tapestry of life" as it were. I would also say as a general statement that many of the full time prospectors I have met appear to be be well above average intelligence. I have put it down to a small group of people that can see beyond societal conventions and choose to live life on there own terms.
The most wonderful thing about prospecting is that it does not discriminate....any one can have a go.....unlike the so called 'climate debate' where people either go along with the herd or are labelled 'climate deniers'

Have a look at this fellas work if your interested:    https://www.dr-robert-fagan.com/

Dr-Robert-Fagan is a climate change denier. Sad to see how a well qualified  geologist can publish  so much scientific nonsense and factually incorrect information.[/quote

Without trying to attack you personally planetcare...thank you for demonstrating my point....'your group' are classic....'he's a denier....he's a denier...he's a witch....burn the witch'....you must love Monty Python.


Dr-Robert-Fagan posts many of the same thoroughly discredited  climate denier arguments and  factually incorrect information. If people want the  real facts on climate change then go to a site/blog that is run by practicing and publishing climate scientists.
Climate science from climate scientists
http://www.realclimate.org/
Or the IPCC
https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/03/ar4-wg1-chapter1.pdf
For the discovery of global warming
https://history.aip.org/climate/index.htm
[/quot
Sure...but who pays their bills? "climate change" is big business Planetcare...there is a lot of jobs and money at stake
unless we know exactly who funds the research then we dont know what degree of bias there is. You would be a prime example
of this Planetcare....again...not intending to be offensive....but who is paying your wage? 44 posts...none prospecting related that I have seen and
all on the one subject...I wonder if you get paid by a group to monitor a number of different forums and 'stick up for good ol' planet earth'
Perhaps you dont get paid...perhaps your a volunteer....oh me god...he's on a quest!!

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  adrian ss on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:49 pm

Why are we not using nuclear electricity power generating stations.
Australia has an abundance of radioactive ores.
It is clean and safe, cheap  and the generators emit only steam into the atmosphere.
Australia is far behind the times with 30 countries around the world using nuclear power for electricity generation.
There are 450 nuke power stations and 397 in operation.
If you are worried about melt downs or terrorist attacks then use thorium. thorium exists as the useful isotope, which means it does not require enrichment. Thorium-based reactors are safer because the reaction can easily be stopped and because the operation does not have to take place under extreme pressures..

Wind power can never be a reliable source of electricity and solar panels and batteries are inefficient and costly and the power they supply is expensive.
If we want almost everlasting electricity then go Nuclear.

Hydro power is great but trouble is we are running out of water..... I guess if we run out of water then we will not need electricity aye!?
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

GOLD DETECTING Empty Re: GOLD DETECTING

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Ladies/Gents, right or wrong, enough's been said about climate change & all things associated with it. This thread, has once again, run its course in circles, with no practical solution in sight. Hence It leaves me no choice, but to have it locked down. Thanking all who have contributed.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3558
Age : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum