Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

settings working close to under ground telecom lines

3 posters

Go down

settings working close to under ground telecom lines  Empty settings working close to under ground telecom lines

Post  goldenhorn Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:46 pm

hey guys, iam wonting to work some ground close to diggings and there is an under ground telecom line running through that area, iam useing the 5000 and have several coils from 11 inch mono and dd, commander,14x9 mono, 15x12 commander mono and a 18 inch mono, can anyone please tell me if iam able to do so and give me some settings that can going, thanks and hope i get some feedback , regards goldenhorn.

goldenhorn
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Back to top Go down

settings working close to under ground telecom lines  Empty Re: settings working close to under ground telecom lines

Post  deutran Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Goldenhorn
Directly under power lines 11"DD in cancel
Close to power lines 11"DD in 'DD' setting with reduced Rx
30+meters you can try a mono and adjust RX to suit.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

settings working close to under ground telecom lines  Empty Re: settings working close to under ground telecom lines

Post  goldenhorn Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm

hey steve, thanks mate 4 a reply, if i whack the dd coil on can i detect around and under power line and around UNDER GROUND TELECOM LINES ? no worries m8, regards golden.

goldenhorn
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi Golden
Underground might be a problem,just make sure you have the DD in cancel then.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  onthehunt Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 pm

What type of telecommunication line is it? If if it's fibre, you shouldn't have any issues at all. It's just glass and light, sheilded in plastic conduit.

Copper is another story of course.

onthehunt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down