Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What settings are best for hot ground with the Coiltek 11 mono elite?

3 posters

Go down

What settings are best for hot ground with the Coiltek 11 mono elite?  Empty What settings are best for hot ground with the Coiltek 11 mono elite?

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:36 am

G'day All,
What would be the best settings to use in hot ground using the Coiltek 11 mono elite coil?

Back to top Go down

What settings are best for hot ground with the Coiltek 11 mono elite?  Empty Re: What settings are best for hot ground with the Coiltek 11 mono elite?

Post  CostasDee Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Have to admit Uncle Bob, majority of the time, I keep it in enhanced and factory defaults with quiet audio as a minimum and rarely go to lower settings, even in hot ground. In really deep or quiet ground (quite rarely I must add), I'll switch it to normal.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

What settings are best for hot ground with the Coiltek 11 mono elite?  Empty Re: What settings are best for hot ground with the Coiltek 11 mono elite?

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:15 pm

CostasDee wrote:Have to admit Uncle Bob, majority of the time, I keep it in enhanced and factory defaults with quiet audio as a minimum and rarely go to lower settings, even in hot ground. In really deep or quiet ground (quite rarely I must add), I'll switch it to normal.
Hey CostasDee,
Have you had your 11" elite coil for long?
Have you found much using this coil in enhance?

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hand Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:46 am

rx9 stab9 audio normal target vol 12 signal 20 vol limit 12 enhanced
these are what I am using on a new 4500 and it is running smooth and very stable and getting gold at a depth.All detectors are different I tried these on a older 4500 and found it had just a little bit of noise so its just a matter of playing around but its a place to start from regards john Very Happy
Old Hand
Old Hand
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-03-31

https://servimg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Not sure if any info has been posted on settings for the 5000.
We are finding the coil is very responsive so Rx 8 stab 6 is fine or if ground is not too hot Rx 10 stab 8.Using fine gold.
This coil is much quieter EMI wise than the 14" so is very suitable for gully walls or mullock heaps.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:54 pm

deutran wrote:Not sure if any info has been posted on settings for the 5000.
We are finding the coil is very responsive so Rx 8 stab 6 is fine or if ground is not too hot Rx 10 stab 8.Using fine gold.
This coil is much quieter EMI wise than the 14" so is very suitable for gully walls or mullock heaps.

Thanks mate.
Using these settings this low, what audio do you have it in?
I'm using the gpx 5000 as well but use the Rx gain & Stabiliser much higher when EMI permits but set the audio in quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi Unclebob
Very unlikely to miss a signal with these coils so prefer very quiet threshold.Audio is set normal.If the settings are too high we find the coil becomes sensitive to the ironstone.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi Deutran,
Yep that makes sense especially where the ironstone is a problem.

Back to top Go down