Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GoldSpear Detector

2 posters

Go down

GoldSpear Detector Empty GoldSpear Detector

Post  Baggy Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm

I have just today came across a detector called the GoldSpear. I was wondering if any of the members on the forum know about, or how to operate such a machine. I know they were made in England approx 20-25years ago and that they are for pinpointing gold. Am I right or wrong? Baggy scratch

Last edited by Baggy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to use Capitals for the name)
Baggy
Baggy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Back to top Go down

GoldSpear Detector Empty Re: GoldSpear Detector

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:39 pm

If I remember they were used like a long probe used for looking for small particle gold like gold panning.

Found this on the web - might find some interest.

http://www.metalldetektor.se/gsmethod.htm

Back to top Go down

GoldSpear Detector Empty RE:GoldSpear Detector

Post  Baggy Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 am

Thankyou very much Claybase, excellent link. So for the price of a nine volt battery, I've got another detector to haul around. Very Happy But seriously I will give this GoldSpear a go next time I'm in Tibooburra it just might work? If not I've got a spear to catch some tucker. Thanks again Claybase. Baggy Smile
Baggy
Baggy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Back to top Go down

GoldSpear Detector Empty Re: GoldSpear Detector

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Vid is a bit old, but interesting to watch on the GoldSpear

Back to top Go down

GoldSpear Detector Empty Goldspear

Post  Guido Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:31 pm

I did have a goldspear before and they are made in Sweden. And I plan to have one again...they are rare now. Extremely easy to operate and use. In the desert the soil is very compact and hard to penetrate unless it has been raining within a few days. The tip is made of Tungsten carbide and will detect metallic particles down to 300 mesh. If you like to pan for gold this is a very desirable piece of equipment. You can do you hunting in a fraction of time. Just stick the probe in the ground about 6" and if it contacts metal is sings out...Allot fast than panning, digging holes, pulling dirt in the pan and find or bring water. Save wear and tear on you as well since you are just standing up and inserting the probe in the ground then bending around and all.
Guido
Guido
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down