Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase?

+3
sandy2010
getascripter
specky
7 posters

Go down

Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase? Empty Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase?

Post  specky Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:18 am

I have finally decided on a GPX 5000 and was wondering whether to purchase at Coiltek or Bendigo Gold. I have visited both places and had a yak with both. I am very newbee and fortunately both were helpful and friendly and have similar deals so I guess for me it's down to what sort of backup service and advice that each can/does provide. Any hints or experience from you guys??

specky
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase? Empty Re: Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase?

Post  getascripter Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:30 am

G'day specky ... I'm from SA but have had great service and camaraderie from both business's. That's something about this hobby ... 99.99% of people are incredibly friendly and helpful ... this is not a hobby of competitiveness but good old fashioned "digger mates".

Either of these two business's will serve you well, no matter which you decide to purchase from. I'm guessing, just choose the business that is most convenient to you as far as distance etc are concerned.
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase? Empty Re: Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase?

Post  specky Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Kate, Thanks for that. Fortunately I'm relatively close to both, part of the reason for having to make a decision!!

Cheers,

specky
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase? Empty Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase.

Post  sandy2010 Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:16 am

............................................Toss a coin...................problem solved!

Let's know how you go on your first day with your 5000.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

ITS NOT up to us to decide for u--go and talk to the people u want to do business with and I'm sure u will be delighted with their approach.

good luck

regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  Auger Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:44 pm

specky - I have not bought from either - yet.

However, I did do a training day (effectively only a few hours) with Coiltek last year - which was pretty useless from all aspects - ie. theory/use/other info') It is the same training day they offer with a new 5000 purchase.

Bendigo also offer 3 hours training with a 5000 purchase and as many return visits for verbal consults as you need. The Bendigo training has GOT to be better than Coiltek. Bendigo also have a couple of deals (to get you to spend more LOL) that may be worth looking at.

At the moment the price diff' betw' them is only $50 on the basic unit - in favour of Coiltek. I would prob' go for the cheapest and put the saved money toward some SERIOUS training.

BTW - The absolute best training/info I have had so far was a "freebie" with Mark (surname ?) & his Mrs at the Wedderburn jamboree earlier this year. A one hour group session with him was worth more than a whole "day" with Coiltek. He says he is usually heavily booked - but I think a day or two with him (1-on-1 / 1-on-2 etc) would be a good investment - which may cost several hundred dollars though.

Hope this helps - cheers - Phil
Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  xtc Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

i just got my 4500 from Coiltek today and was very happey with them.
cheers
xtc
xtc
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase? Empty Thought I'd jump in

Post  philip.j.thompson Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Purchased my 5000 from miners den Parramatta 2 years ago (NSW). At the time they were not taking anything but bank Cheque or cash so being a cash man , old school, went to the bank and got the cash. By the way I am also a saver, again old school so new 4 WD , 12 month old now and 30,000ks on the clock was cash too , boy did they jump at that. Anyway, support from Sydney zero. went to days detecting intro at Talbot 2011 in latter part of year, it rained. Luckily I have been in the game a long Time. Much more support needed out there given start up costs? pirat

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Coiltek or Bendigo Gold for GPX 5000 purchase? Empty Re:-coiltek-or-bendigo-gold-for-gpx-5000-purchase

Post  Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:48 pm

G'day Specky and welcome to the game/forum... I have dealt with both dealers and can not fault either as far as service or their training days... Both are friendly and easy to deal with... I think the coin must be flipped... Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  golddiggerdave Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm

philip.j.thompson wrote:Purchased my 5000 from miners den Parramatta 2 years ago (NSW). At the time they were not taking anything but bank Cheque or cash so being a cash man , old school, went to the bank and got the cash. By the way I am also a saver, again old school so new 4 WD , 12 month old now and 30,000ks on the clock was cash too , boy did they jump at that. Anyway, support from Sydney zero. went to days detecting intro at Talbot 2011 in latter part of year, it rained. Luckily I have been in the game a long Time. Much more support needed out there given start up costs? pirat

Hi Phillip,

Gold Digger Dave here from the Miners Den Australia Stores (Includes the Parramatta Miners Den Store) Sorry to hear you didn't receive the support you would have liked then you purchased your Minelab GPX 5000. We are strongly focusing on providing the best customer support available, and offer unlimited support for our customers with any problems or queries they may be having. Anyone is welcome to give us a call for advice, or pop into a store to help resolve an issue. We also offer assistance via email, our website and blog, which will have continuing information posted.

If anyone purchases a Minelab GPX metal detector from any of our store locations (Bendigo, Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney) they are welcome to attend a 3 hour training session at our Bendigo store with one of our experienced tour operators. (The training doesn't need to be taken up right away when purchasing the detector). Minelab also offer a training session when purchasing a machine as well.

We welcome any feedback anyone has about any of our stores and how best we can improve our service to our customers

Good Luck and Happy Prospecting

Gold Digger Dave

golddiggerdave
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-02-02

http://www.bendigogold.com.au

Back to top Go down