Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to buy a GPX 5000 in AUSTRALIA

Go down

Where to buy a GPX 5000 in AUSTRALIA Empty Where to buy a GPX 5000 in AUSTRALIA

Post  rrene70 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Gday

Going to bite the bullet and purchase a GPX 5000, and I want to purchase it here in OZ not overseas.
( Sick of reading how we are being ripped off here )
Anyway just looking to get everyone's response on where to get the best deal.

Cheers

rrene70
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a GPX 5000 in AUSTRALIA Empty Re: Where to buy a GPX 5000 in AUSTRALIA

Post  Wombat on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Yer rrene70 I would be interested in your reply's as well as I'm purchasing one later in the year. I'm thinking of Coiltec Maryborough Vic as I'll be moving up that way soon. I hope they can give me a good deal Wink
Wombat
PS
I also bought my seconhand 3000 of them sometime ago and I was happy with the deal then

Last edited by Wombat on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wombat
Wombat
Management

Number of posts : 4715
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a GPX 5000 in AUSTRALIA Empty Re: Where to buy a GPX 5000 in AUSTRALIA

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Since you're in Melbourne, I found BendigoGold World very easy to deal with, and really wanted to do the deal...
Tip is to go in personally and be upfront what you want, ring up and you invariably will be given standard spiel price wise as there are lots of tyre kickers out there I believe.........you get a half day in the Whipstick goldfield included, with a very knowledgeable prospector who knows his GPX5000 <Prospector Pete could find gold on a Tennis Court> and yes he finds gold every time he goes out with you <I've been out with him twice now>...who knows you may even get a Walco pick thrown in as a sweetener amongst other things...the main thing is they will send off your Registration papers for you and you then get a free days training with Minelab's Adventure Club at Talbot...plus BendigoGoldWorld have a technician on hand, or will send it off to Minelab for you if you have a problem...how do you put a Dollar figure on peace of mind and 'service'....
No I dont have any connection whatsoever with them...however having been in a service Industry for 40 years I know when I am, or am not, getting it....Hope this helps..Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  Universal1 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Bought mine at Coiltek, very pleased with the service and the deal they gave me and they also send off registration papers etc to Minelab.

Last edited by Universal1 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Universal1
Universal1
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:12 pm

coiltek used to do the day out as well, would be surprised if don't do it still

Back to top Go down

Post  xenon on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 am

Yes, I m off out to buy a GPX5000 tomorrow. Anyone kkow who gives you can get the best deal for one here in Perth WA. Did call around but as mentioned above, they all told me the same price (with a box cover and detector bag thrown in)
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 am

larry303 wrote:Since you're in Melbourne, I found BendigoGold World very easy to deal with, and really wanted to do the deal...
Tip is to go in personally and be upfront what you want, ring up and you invariably will be given standard spiel price wise as there are lots of tyre kickers out there I believe.........you get a half day in the Whipstick goldfield included, with a very knowledgeable prospector who knows his GPX5000 <Prospector Pete could find gold on a Tennis Court> and yes he finds gold every time he goes out with you <I've been out with him twice now>...who knows you may even get a Walco pick thrown in as a sweetener amongst other things...the main thing is they will send off your Registration papers for you and you then get a free days training with Minelab's Adventure Club at Talbot...plus BendigoGoldWorld have a technician on hand, or will send it off to Minelab for you if you have a problem...how do you put a Dollar figure on peace of mind and 'service'....
No I dont have any connection whatsoever with them...however having been in a service Industry for 40 years I know when I am, or am not, getting it....Hope this helps..Hoo Roo

I'll second that. been dealing with them for years.

Make sure you talk to Dave Watters as he's the owner. Phone first to make an appointment with him as he's hard to pin down as he now has three shops

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a GPX 5000 in AUSTRALIA Empty 5000 purchase

Post  evan2010 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:52 am

xenon wrote:Yes, I m off out to buy a GPX5000 tomorrow. Anyone kkow who gives you can get the best deal for one here in Perth WA. Did call around but as mentioned above, they all told me the same price (with a box cover and detector bag thrown in)
Gday xenon Reeds prospecting supplies are the Go IMO, go in there personally, tell them that you are there to buy a 5000 and Whats the 'Best' deal you can offer me?? Cheers Evan
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:21 am

rrene70 wrote:
Gday

Going to bite the bullet and purchase a GPX 5000, and I want to purchase it here in OZ not overseas.
( Sick of reading how we are being ripped off here )
Anyway just looking to get everyone's response on where to get the best deal.

Cheers
There will always be a dif in over the phone and walkin with cash in hand, as nothing talks more serious then a hand full of cash.

Check around find the cheapest then walk in to your local shop ask what they can do for U if they say sry cant match it or even slightly better it, walk out their loss but dont expect the same price if you come back after you can not find it any cheaper people dont like that sorta thing.

Most sales are pretty well done online these days, the only thing i would be mindful of is postage cost make sure the dealer agrees to pay.
You should be able to pick one up for $6300 as i believe this is the going rate at the moment but i could be mistaken. Also see if the Minelab Summer special have finished on the 5000 i thing some of the other items like 15x12 coils have but not sure on the 5000, check the website (Minelab one that is).
Good luck and let us forum members know how you go.
Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Post  xenon on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Hello all,

Well, I am now the proud owner of a new GPX5000. Went out today and picked one up. As mentioned above, the cost was $6300 and that was the best price they would do it for, but saying that they kindly threw in a control box cover, a detector bag, a rare earth magnet and a spare lead, so all in all that must be around $150 in extras.
Plus, they were very thorough in showing me how to use it and went through each of the settings explaining how they all worked etc. Very friendly indeed.
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum