Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFA 14" Mono Round

4 posters

Go down

NFA 14" Mono Round Empty NFA 14" Mono Round

Post  goldquest Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:34 am

Good morning everyone, I would like to know if any members of this forum using a Nugget Finder Advantage 14 " mono round, and what are the pros and cons, if any, of this particular coil, depth, sensitivity, etc.., Considering that I I would like to use it in Victoria and particularly in the Golden Triangle.
Any type of comment will be appreciated.
Thank you
Goldquest

Last edited by goldquest on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

NFA 14" Mono Round Empty Re: NFA 14" Mono Round

Post  Goldbait Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:57 am

i spent 2 weeks in the WA outback using a 14x9 NF coil and a mate was using a 14" round NF. Between us both coils were amazing. But after the trip i went and bought the 14" round as i wanted the small amount of extra depth the coil provided. The coil is able to find incredably small pieces of gold.

I got nothing bad to say about the coil.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  mickb Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 am

awsome coil

last trip my mate found a 0.1grm about 1" down with his on a 5000

• big enough for the deeper ones
    big enough for patch finding
    light enough to swing all day
    and still gets most of the smaller bits

if you want to dig some deep holes then go the 25"NF
if you want the real flyshit then go the 8"x6"NF

but as an all rounder that will miss very little then i think its hard to beat

hope this helps

regards
Mick B

mickb
mickb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Goldquest
I've been using this coil since february,picks up on average just as many small nuggets as my smaller coils due to the larger ground coverage but with the definite advantage of depth particularly suitable for the 5-15g range.The only thing I would prefer is the solid due to the amount of sticks around.Weight wise you can easily use this all day and pinpointing is fine.Highly recommended.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I have both a 14x9 and Ø14NFA, and find the elliptical a little easier to use in the triangle, especially around Castlemaine, due to it's ability to be bulldozed between the bushes.
My elliptical is a solid, the round an open, and the open, although picking up far more twigs and sticks, is noticably lighter to use for a long period.
I haven't done any comparitive depth testing, but they both find 0.1'ers OK Rolling Eyes

They're both excellent coils. Have you considered a 17x11 ? I have an open one and can swing it all day,

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:11 pm

deutran wrote:Hi Goldquest
I've been using this coil since february,picks up on average just as many small nuggets as my smaller coils due to the larger ground coverage but with the definite advantage of depth particularly suitable for the 5-15g range.The only thing I would prefer is the solid due to the amount of sticks around.Weight wise you can easily use this all day and pinpointing is fine.Highly recommended.
Steve
Thank you Steve, I was thinking to buy a solid one, the weight is not a problem because I use a hipstick, I am glad that you think is a great coil.
Cheers
Giancarlo
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 pm

lkyphl wrote:I have both a 14x9 and Ø14NFA, and find the elliptical a little easier to use in the triangle, especially around Castlemaine, due to it's ability to be bulldozed between the bushes.
My elliptical is a solid, the round an open, and the open, although picking up far more twigs and sticks, is noticably lighter to use for a long period.
I haven't done any comparitive depth testing, but they both find 0.1'ers OK Rolling Eyes

They're both excellent coils. Have you considered a 17x11 ? I have an open one and can swing it all day,

Phil
Hi Phil, thank you for your answer, I will buy a solid one, because of the twigs and sticks that are plenty in my area, I already have a 17"x11" and I think is a great coil.
Cheers
Giancarlo
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down