Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone been to Windeyer nsw lately.

2 posters

Go down

Anyone been to Windeyer nsw lately. Empty Anyone been to Windeyer nsw lately.

Post  TuronYellowFever Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Never been there myself but considering going for a drive out that way tomorrow, would appreciate any tips of where to pick up a nugget or three.

cheers. Matt

TuronYellowFever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Anyone been to Windeyer nsw lately. Empty Re: Anyone been to Windeyer nsw lately.

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Matt,
years ago with an XT1700 and nil experiance so as expected I never did any good, so will be curious to see how you fair with a PI.

Back to top Go down

Anyone been to Windeyer nsw lately. Empty Re: Anyone been to Windeyer nsw lately.

Post  detecta2 Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:56 pm

gday mat, hard enough to get 1 nug there, if you get 3, your a super star,unless your on private youve got to work hard. heres some work hard spots...queens pinch bridge plenty of digs here and a stack of trash for the sub g's but if you dont have a little dd to discrim,probably 1 nug in a 100 digs. Next is campbells creek road, drive through here ,look for the unfenced digs over the cattle grid, try some privates up there, some are alright. About 4 k's east of town try TSR on left ,20 acre paddock seen some nice nugs from here, got a nice white quartz egg shape speci wth a tooth size piece of gold out of it here myself last year,and a good dam for the yabbies.Back in town nugs have even been dug out of the oval. From the start of cambells crk rd to the caravan park and beyond its worth doing along the road edges outside the fences,flood gold all the way through,especially if you have a recent 4000 or 4500. Watch the browns around here, there long, thin and fast. phill

detecta2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down