Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laanecoorie Weekend

3 posters

Go down

Laanecoorie Weekend Empty Laanecoorie Weekend

Post  wombatroo Sun May 27, 2012 11:33 pm

What a great weekend. I nearly didnt go, as in Melbourne the weather was terrible, got a phone call Sat to say it was ok out there. I packed up and headed off. New to the dectecting world was I in for a treat! What a great lot of people. Thank you all for putting a great weekend on. I must say I have brain overload with all the information. Everyone was so willing to share. Big thanks to Wombat and Tom for taking us under there wing and trying to sort my detector out. (with no luck) at least I know now why I havent found any gold:) I had fun meeting you all and looking forward to our next outing (sorry boys I dont go away!!)
Plus its the girls that find the gold!!!!!
wombatroo
wombatroo
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2012-04-07

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie Weekend Empty Re: Laanecoorie Weekend

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi wombatroo.I'm glad you had a great time and it was a pleasure to try and get your detector up and running, but unfortunatly i don't know much about the 1600's. But you still had a go, and thats the main thing. Oh by the way just after you left to go home I found a 0.6gm up in the same area of the hill that your girl friend found her's. Laughing Now keep getting out and read that manual, each time it will get better and you will find gold.
Cheers wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie Weekend Empty Lost nugget

Post  wombatroo Mon May 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Wombat that nugget you found dropped out of her pocket Very Happy
wombatroo
wombatroo
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 9:56 am

Oh well Wombatroo, "finders keepers." Laughing Anyway it was down at least 2" under the ground.
Your cousin the wombat Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Tue May 29, 2012 3:40 pm

well well well..... plus the girls get all the gold.....what can i say wombatroo affraid ... i am glad that you had a good time, and yes wombat and bigfella done a great job, but i still recon that there was no gold at that spot lol! .... cheers Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  wombatroo Tue May 29, 2012 4:18 pm

I will be up in a couple of weeks so will show you how to find gold then! That's if I can find a coil:( it was great to meet you all even if you do pick on poor little me! You going up long weekend?
wombatroo
wombatroo
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Wed May 30, 2012 3:29 pm

hi wombatroo, i think i will be staying around castlemaine for a while.... i seem to find some around there..... that ground up north is a bit hard for me, so if you want to go out for a day trip then pm me any time and will try and tee it up with some of the others.... then we'll see how good you are lol! ... cheers Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Wed May 30, 2012 8:06 pm

G'Day All
Just got home planning mid next week to be there for a week party hard it will be my birthday the locals are going to stock up on stones
Big Fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Thu May 31, 2012 1:27 pm

gi'day bigfella, thanks mate for a great weekend, your knowledge was wonderfull , as for the stones....... keep it, its kept me sober since i got home lol! .... have a great birthday bash.... cheers gary Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:07 am

G'Day All
Come on folks we can have a reanactment (no stones) just golden moments.And yes the gold is there
Big Fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down