Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

laanecoorie weekend 2012

+8
HueyDuck
G.B.
grumpy57
mariner3800
Rangirocks
Goldylox
Wanderer
tirp56
12 posters

Go down

laanecoorie weekend 2012 Empty laanecoorie weekend 2012

Post  tirp56 Sun May 27, 2012 4:51 pm

well guys ,what can one say ,what an absolutely fantastic w/end we had,congrats to mariner and the team of guys and sponsors who put it all together,not forgetting jim and robyn for their fantastic contribution as well thanks from tirp56 and better half cheers al

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

laanecoorie weekend 2012 Empty Re: laanecoorie weekend 2012

Post  Wanderer Sun May 27, 2012 6:16 pm

tirp56 wrote:well guys ,what can one say ,what an absolutely fantastic w/end we had,congrats to mariner and the team of guys and sponsors who put it all together,not forgetting jim and robyn for their fantastic contribution as well thanks from tirp56 and better half cheers al

Second that !! Very Happy

Well done to all involved in the weekend
Wanderer
Wanderer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldylox Sun May 27, 2012 7:30 pm

A HUGE golden thanks to all the organisers, speakers, sponsors and Jim & Robyn for putting on a terrific weekend. It was wonderful to finally put faces to name tags & get to meet many of those who attended.

A special thanks to Doug (Grumpy) & Shirley for their informative demonstration of sluicing and of course the vial of freshly panned GOLD they generously gave me! Smile

Hope everyone had a great time despite the dodgy weather & I'm sure came away plenty the richer with knowledge even without a nugget find. Can't wait for another meetup! cheers

Pixi & Rosie dog.

I love you

PS: Thanks too from Graeme Jones (newbie not online) - he says he enjoyed the weekend very much & learned heaps. Now we just have to get his lovely Mrs to say yes to a big spend on a detector! lol.

Last edited by Goldylox on Sun May 27, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Goldylox
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Rangirocks Sun May 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Fantastic weekend
Huge thx to Mariner and his better half for awesome organization - lots of moving parts came together brilliantly
Found it to be a huge learning experience - getting the detector tuned up, how to read the ground and heaps of other things you could take a lifetime to learn.
Special thx to big fella for a field trip and lots of teaching

And best of all meeting a great bunch of people and the faces behind the forum names.

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy Laughing
Rangirocks
Rangirocks
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Sun May 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi All,

Just unpacked and get a quick chance to get on line.

Just a quick note now and I will follow up with a full story shortly.

The weekend was an outstanding success with well over 80 people attending form Vic, SA, NSW, QLD & ACT.

At a quick count, we have raised over $4,500 for the Royal Children's Hospital which is just an exceptional amount of money.

I will be sending out a full report in the next few day, but now its time for a little shut eye and re charge the batteries as it has been a few longs days.

There is a heap of work to be done now in wrapping this up so please hang tight ( If anyone would like to submit their short story of the weekend, I will collate these and get them up ), just PM to me .

Thanks once again to all the sponsors, special guests and instructors.

Peter & Elsie
Mariner3800

Last edited by mariner3800 on Mon May 28, 2012 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy57 Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Congratulation and thank you to EVERYONE who helped and attended the forum gathering at Laanecoorie over the weekend. I'm sure all the newby's who attended came away with a better knowledge of their detector, gold detecting and the Triangle which we are so privileged to have such unhindered access to. It was great to put faces to names as being a relativley newby myself i hadn't had the chance to meet many of the forums members. It was Shirley's and my pleasure to meet Pixi (Goldylox) and give a demo of running a sluice and panning some gold at Waaneyarra. We ran about 4 buckets of gravel through the sluice and panned off 30 to 40 nice little flakes,Pixi was so excited to see some gold in the pan that i thought it appropriate she should have it. I went for a detect in the afternoon but no gold, cleaned up plenty of lead just to help everyone else if they detect the same area LOL. Well done Mick on winning the Exterra 705 In the raffle. Put my name down for the next one, i'm looking forward to it already. Heading to Townsville this week to see our daughter and grandkids and have already packed the 4500 in the camper. Lot off goldfields to drive through between here and Queensland. Will let you know if i strike it rich. Cheers for now Grumpy and Shirley.
grumpy57
grumpy57
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Sun May 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi all.

Exceptional Weekend,

To all those involved in Organising, Hosting and Sponsoring the event,(Who I won't individually name for fear of missing someone out) you did a Fantastic and very much appreciated job.

G.B.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 9:35 pm

cheers ...double post my weak signal bounced off the gum above my van..sorry...my post is below....Hoo Roo

Last edited by larry303 on Sun May 27, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 9:35 pm

.......it's now 9.30 p.m. Sunday night and I'm still here at Laanecoorie......what a quiet place without all you blokes and missus's......just the Gold & Ghost stories remain from this great weekend.....is it asking too much Peter for us all to do it again in a fortnight??.....Lol.......it takes a bit to get this old war horse sentimental....but what great organization and a great bunch of people....well done Peter and crew.......we are all richer for the experience.... <cept Nugget <Tommy>.. his car is still broken down in Talbot...hope it gets fixed and you're on your way again mate>....I just got a very weak Telstra signal in the van to be able to post this....all the best and even my wife wants to come back again!.....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sun May 27, 2012 10:04 pm

O Boy well where do i start!!!!

What a superbly organised Forum get together, an unbelievable weekend with some of the friendliest professional people you can meet. The unselfish wealth of knowledge given out over the weekend coupled with a lot of laughs and all of us being there not just to take but to give as well.

A massive THANKYOU to Peter and Elsie (Marineer3800) who worked their tails off to make the weekend an enjoyable and smooth one, which it was.

Instuctors also gave up their time unselfishly to give us the knowledge that would otherwise take many years and other Forum members who worked so hard behind the scenes to the lead up as well, HUGE THANKYOU.

Park owners Jim and Robyn, fantastic caravan park and I'm glad i had a beer with Jim and a chat on the first night so thank you.

Rangirocks is larger than life and alot of laughs and it was great to meet all the other Forum members as well.

On a more personal note a Massive THANKYOU to (Goldylox) Pixi and Rosie dog and Graeme Jones for taking me around the country side for the 2 days, another unselfish act that will come back to you in Gold so thanks once again i really do appreciate what you did for me.

HueyDuck....A Very Happy Man.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi All,

Just some pics of the weekend..

Paul...

Sean, Peter and just about everybody at the test pit. Almost needed a parking attendant

laanecoorie weekend 2012 SmallIMG_3777

Sunday morning with Jim explaining the history of the Poseidon Gold Rush...

laanecoorie weekend 2012 SmallIMG_3786

Forum road block

laanecoorie weekend 2012 SmallIMG_3788

All of us listening intently to Jim explaining on the "Nick o Time lead"

laanecoorie weekend 2012 SmallIMG_3792

Jim explaining the geology of the Poverty reef Tarnagulla

laanecoorie weekend 2012 SmallIMG_3793

Poverty Reef Cairn

laanecoorie weekend 2012 SmallIMG_3796

Last edited by ARARAT on Mon May 28, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 8:14 am

it was a great turn out, it was great to finaly catch up with a few forum members and have a chat. i wish i could have stuck around a bit longer but done a few hrs detecting and had to head home (4 little bits 1.10g). i hope to stick around at the next one and may be able to help a few out. again another great weekend awesome stuff guys
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  trianglemal Mon May 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Yep...ditto from me too stoppsy. I could only manage to get over on the Sunday morning for the out and about. It was great to catchup for a havachat with some people there. Well done to Mariner and all the crew involved in putting on the show. For any new punters getting into prospecting this sort of camp is priceless and will go a long way to honing their skills out in the field.

Good luck and well done cheers
trianglemal
trianglemal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Cams 4500 Mon May 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Great Weekend.

Thanks to all involved to organise this event, was good to catch up with so many. I was fortunate to pick up the NF "Sadie" in the raffle which made up for a zero gold count on the weekend. However, as I stayed till today, I went out with Big Fella and Two Bob today and picked up a 3.4g piece. It topped of a great weekend.
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  bristlehound Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Had a great time and learned so much. Sincere thanks to Mariner and all those involved in organising, sponsoring and presenting. Even picked up a little .14g bit on the Saturday morning to cap it off. Really glad I came.
Cheers,
Max. cheers
bristlehound
bristlehound
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 10:19 am

I'd also like to add my thanks to all those involved with the organising and running of the excellent weekend,

Phil

Back to top Go down

laanecoorie weekend 2012 Empty Laanecoorie weekend

Post  jmp333 Tue May 29, 2012 11:19 am

Many thanks to the organisers, these things dont just happen they take a lot of time planning and organising, excellent weekend all round, great lot of knowledge given out freely by the panel (three wise men), plus enjoyed the free comedy entertainment by the guy with the glasses of red during the raffle. Special thanks to Tom the 4500 guru.
Great effort Mariner and other organisers.
John
JMP333 Laughing

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down