Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November Get Together

+7
bowy
flyspecks
detecta2
coles525
GoldstalkerGPX
Rustydog
mariner3800
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

November Get Together Empty November Get Together

Post  mariner3800 Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:34 am

Hi all,

After our very successful gathering in June at Laanecoorie it was mooted that we again catch up in November?

Well Finals footy is starting and the Wattle is in full bloom in the bush, all pointing to me that November is not to far away so we all need to be thinking about what we want to do?

We are looking at the Melbourne Cup weekend in November, Saturday the 29th of October until Tuesday the 1st of November ( cup day and yes we will be running a sweep on the Monday night )

In the weeks following the last catch up there were 2 trains of thought as to the location of the next one. The first location was to return to Laanecoorie and all it's facilities or to have a camp out in the bush. If the latter is your preferred option can you please give us a general location of your preferred area?

I would like to run a quick poll starting today and finishing up next Saturday to find out what we all would
prefer before making any final decisions. Once we have sorted this out we will then start and get things organized.
I'm also looking for someone to help out with this one as I will be away for a period of time leading up to the
event and will find it hard to keep in touch during this time. I will be back a couple of weeks before, but I'm
mindful of the amount of forum info I was putting out in the weeks leading up to the weekend, so if you can help out it would be appreciated.

Also we will be looking for some sponsors for the weekend as this worked really well last time with us raising a huge amount of money for a great charity. I would like to nominate the Royal Children's Hospital as the charity that will benefit from money raised this time, so get on the phones and email and start to get the donations organized.

Looking forward to your reply's

Mariner3800
Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

November Get Together Empty Re: November Get Together

Post  Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:40 am

I was not at the last one Sad but I would say Laanecoorie again as this will give the Ladies a little bit of personal comforts and it will also help the caravan park out as well. I hope to get to this one.
wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:09 pm

i am interested but , i have heard of a lot of people detecting in the area but what about using a highbanker etc , is there any decent areas good enough to use one like in creeks etc ?
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:50 pm

I will not be able to give a definate answer on this one as I am buying a house from another forum member and not sure when I will be moving...also (I have no idea when the Melbourne cup is??) we are expecting the birth of another child in mid November so that may prevent my attendance.

I am not sure how many people are set up for bush camping, the convenience of the shower block at the park is a plus for members. It wouldn't bother me as to which was done, but I think if there are even only a few that are not comfortable or set up for a bush camp then that only leaves one choice. A bush camp may involve some extra planning, ie. letting parks aware of a large group camping out bush, for fires/toilet use. most prospecting clubs make the authorities aware.

Another suggestion for a bush camp with toilets but no showers, would be places like Waanyarra.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi All,
Definitely interested and personally i think the last place - Laanecoorie Park
was perfect with all the facilities and also all other (no detecting) activities for kids.
As a newbie in this hobby and this forum i was embraced and helped enormously by more experienced members.I would like to give something back in same way and will donate couple of the prices for a raffles and Royal Children hospital gets my tick of approval.I will also engage some of my clients to come to the party. (with donations).
Can discuss with you what type of prices donations you are after.
Also i can give you hand - just delegate what type of help you are looking for.
Looking forward to another great weekend.
Happy digging Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi All,

Some good suggestions, but keep them coming.

Golden, that sounds great, will be in touch

Pete
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

November Get Together Empty weekend campout

Post  Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:32 pm

We didnt get to the last camp ,but heard it was a great weekend away ,and a good time had by all who went.It sounds like the park catered for everyones needs, maybe a good place to return to.My wife and I hope to join you this time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:49 am

hi all,
i missed the last gettogether due to my partner being very sick, so i want to make this one.
I hope my days off fall on the long w'end as i dont play golf with certain ppl from work, so have bucklies of getting time off lol. Even if i can make just 1 or 2 days, i'll be there. Very Happy

Im up 4 campin in the bush or caravan parking it, whatever way the voting goes.
Cheers & dig well !
doug

Last edited by DiggerJack on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:33 am

Wombat wrote:I was not at the last one Sad but I would say Laanecoorie again as this will give the Ladies a little bit of personal comforts and it will also help the caravan park out as well. I hope to get to this one.
wombat

I fully agree Wombat.

Btw, Melbourne Cup day is always the first Tuesday in November.

Robert.

Back to top Go down

Post  coles525 Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:55 pm

I've just read every reply in the June thread https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t4801-laanecoorie-weekend-june-10-13-final-post-info-update-8-6-2011 (previous outing), and would also very much enjoy trying some bush detecting again.

I don't know anything yet if I'm working the Melb cup P/hol (monday night shift), but would try to hand my shift to someone who might like to work it.

Does anyone still watch / collect video's? As in old tv series/movies from the 80's & 90's? As I've got many that I still ain't "dumped" yet. and would be willing to allow others to pick and choose, giving some charity donations (no minimum price) to the chosen charity.

Also, would anyone know if there are bike tracks that are safe to ride on? As I would try to ask a friend who isn't @ all into detecting to also attend.
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Coles525,

There are several good, long bike tracks around the area.

Contact this crowd for details.

Dunolly Visitor Information Centre
Tourist Attractions, Information & Services - Dunolly, VIC
109 Broadway St, Dunolly VIC 3472, Australia
(03) 5468 1205

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  coles525 Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Just wondering if there has been any updates to the Nov outing?
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  detecta2 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Gday Mariner, too close to xmas for me, busy busy,but pm me your details and ther'l be something for the raffle, phill

detecta2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

November Get Together Empty 18 days till the event

Post  coles525 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Afternoon everyone who's involved, is it too late to be part of the weekend, or even book a spot at the park (booked out yet?).

coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:28 pm

If the park is booked out,and let's hope it is not, we could go to Warrenyarra to the Recreation Reserve, there are toilets but you will have to provide everything else, Good camping spot and the road leading in is OK for caravans. We have less than 3 weeks away, so a decision will have to be made very, very, soon.
Wombat

Back to top Go down

November Get Together Empty RE:november get together

Post  flyspecks Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:04 pm

hi all .... just rang lannecoorie caravan park only to get some info that 1 cabin left ... some powered sites ...... and plenty of unpowered sites left..... thats for cup weekend Very Happy ... cheers Very Happy .. hope this helps
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  bowy Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:28 pm

have got a site - not many powered sites left - looking forward to a great weekend
cheers - bowy
bowy
bowy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey all...what about catching up in PNG? I've heard there's plenty of gold still there.....
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:25 am

[quote="CostasDee"]Hey all...what about catching up in PNG? I've heard there's plenty of gold still there.....[/quote)

and Cannibals Shocked

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  coles525 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:24 pm

I've booked myself a powered site for the Cup weekend, arriving there on the friday to setup camp & maby sleep (work ends @ 3.30am fri morning).

I wonder how many of us will be part of the action?
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 pm

I have booked and will arrive there on Friday evening for stay until Tuesday.
Looking forward to catch up with others.
Cheers

Back to top Go down

November Get Together Empty Not long until the weekend away

Post  coles525 Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Just wondering, other then walking around with detectors &/or pans, what other ways wil there be to identify eachother? Might there be a meeting place/roll call on the Saturday as well as info as to how the weekend might unfold? (ie: chook raffle @ .....pm, token hunt @ 10am, suggested hunting areas [gold / creeks / coins in the parks].

Sorry if sounding stupid, just wann make sure I'm prepared when I arrive and not forget things.

Last edited by coles525 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : time got the better of me, it's actually 11 days, not 4 days!)
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

November Get Together Empty November Get Together.

Post  grumpy57 Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi, everyone. If a raffle is held i will donate a couple of things towards it. Cheers Grumpy (Doug).
grumpy57
grumpy57
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi all,

Due to some unexpected work commitments that I must attend to I will not be able to attend in full the weekend. At this stage I think I will only get up for a day /day and a half?? Will no more closer to the date.

I know Golden and a few others are attending so if you all can organize a catch up during the weekend it would be great? Just needs someone to step up and do it.

Good luck and see you

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Guy's & Gal's I may turn up on Friday night, just after tea to say "hello" and see what may be planned for Saturday. I won't be stay at the park as it is only 45min drive from Maryborough each way.

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:54 pm

I will arrive friday night probably around 7-7.30pm.Will be there until Tuesday as i have booked a family cabin.
At this stage i don't think anything is organized as last time but it will be a chance to get together, meet few new members, say hello to some familiar faces and detect for a few days.
I am willing to help in any way and was offering my help to Mariner3800.From last trip i think lot of things was left (if not everything) to mariner3800.In a future maybe we can have little group/committee who can plan these little trips together.
Anyway if anyone needs any help i am in.
Cheers

Back to top Go down

November Get Together Empty Bump Time

Post  coles525 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:41 pm

bounce BUMP bounce

Not long now, what detectors are eveyone taking with them?

I'm gonna try GPX5000, Whites & Excal II. Any panning location(s) located nearby?
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

November Get Together Empty November get together

Post  cranky Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi All,

I know it's a bit late but, if it is believed suitable to set up camp at Waanyarra with its very limited facilities why not think outside the square for once.

How about for later events approaching Ian Ford at Tarnagulla, thanks to the imposts of the Lodden Shire he has been obliged to close his Park as a registered caravan park.....however he still lives on a property that has full toilet facilities and powered sites all presently unused.....as the landowner, there should be no legal reason why he should not provide camping area for common interest groups for this type of event.
He could be recompensed for any out of pocket expenses for power / toilet facilities etc by a gift from the group organisers based on a donation from participants when logging in with the organisers (Mariner 3800?)
Much the same as if a "Cocky" opened a patch on his property for the same reason.

Great little Pub across the road and I'm sure that he would allow a "Campfire Party" to keep things swinging.
A lot of forum members would have stayed there in the past and recognise the possibilities of going back there.

Just my thoughts on the matter, would like to become involved myself if the opportunity presented.

Cheers Cranky
cranky
cranky
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  coles525 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Does anyone else have any maps of the area(s) where we are located? I've got a copy of the Gold Atlas of Victoria....

How many of us are still interested?

mariner3800
TC (me)
Golden
Rustydog
derek
DiggerJack
Goldnomad
Wombat
bowy
grumpy57
cranky?

Sorry if I left out other names.

Did we wish to work out more about the raffle / prizes on offer (if still a raffle), as well as a location & time for a meet & greet session on Saturday before we go out hunting?

Only 48 hr's before most arrive @ the caravan park now.

I'm able to supply cans soft drinks....
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 pm

i'll be heading over at the moment to catch up with a few members
cheers