Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother!

4 posters

Go down

Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother! Empty Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother!

Post  grumpy57 Wed May 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi Peter and all prospectors, I went to the Enfield State Forest with new prospecting buddy Mick on Sunday. We spent most of the day working on a hill where Mick has previously found gold along the bottom. Dug up bullets and rubbish but no gold. About 4pm we decided to try the next hill along the creek. Firstly I dug up a roofing nail and then got a faint signal right next to it. Dug down about 4 inches and had the target out of the hole. Searched through the dirt and found this nice little specy. I was in the forum last night and saw Marriners avatar and thought, hey this looks like its brother. Mick also found one small nugget. Not much gold to show but we still had a enjoyable day.
Cheers Grumpy
Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother! P1050513
grumpy57
grumpy57
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother! Empty enfield state park

Post  papoutsi Wed May 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Is an amazing state park ,very rugged and never seen so much quartz around . nice speci , well done. papoutsi

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother! Empty Re: Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother!

Post  piston broke Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Well done Grumpy Very Happy.Not so grumpy now ah Wink cheers Pete.
ps Great photo
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother! Empty Re: Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother!

Post  mariner3800 Wed May 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Grunpy57,

I had it out in the bush the other day and it fell out of my pocket, feel free to post it back!!!! LOL Very Happy

Well done , gee it does look like it came out the same hole...... Actually mine came out of a lump of quartz about the size of a softball.

Great find

Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Hey Peter (mariner 3800) found your avitars brother! Empty Re-hey-peter(mariner-3800)found-your-avitars-brother

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Nice specie there Grumpy looks like a duck with a golden head. Very Happy And congrats to you and your mate.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Great one Dave cheers cheers
Hope is all good and might see you soon.
Keep digging.
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Grumpy57,

Just love specis - always a special find.. great detecting.. Very Happy

aRaRaT

Back to top Go down