Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heading to Charters

3 posters

Go down

Heading to Charters Empty Heading to Charters

Post  sheeds Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Guys,
I am heading to charters towers in 2 weeks and I want to know any tips or areas I can go/should go. any tips on getting a nice camping spot to do a bit of detecting. I know this is asked alot on here, but with all the information, it is still sketchy as to gaining access. Should I just find a secluded area and wing it or should I spend the day door knocking properties before setting camp?

Any tips on property owners that are willing to allow you on, I dont mind paying $100 for a couple days camping. I am after some time in the bush.

Thanks in advanced.

sheeds
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Heading to Charters Empty Re: Heading to Charters

Post  rc62burke Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:10 am

Hi Sheeds
The Towers area is very hard to get access to properties not impossible just hard, The best thing to do is get on the phone & ask if you can come out to meet them & discus camping, It's a big area so you need to work out where you want to be have a couple of options & be prepaired for the NO's & thank them for thier time, the great thing about the Towers is it only takes getting access to one place to open up many through word of mouth, there are still people out there doing the wrong thing jumping fences "Don't do it".

Your time frame may be a bit soon considering the rain, they won't want you driving around on the wet tracks.
Hope this helps
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Heading to Charters Empty Charters

Post  ttrash Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Charters area is a nice place for camping but im not familiar with any Gold bearing areas.

For camping , read up on these .

Macrossan river bridge ( 20kms south of Charters on the Towns. road ) Nice free camp

Fletchers Creek - think its 40kms North of Charters , heading towards Greenvale , Free camp up to 30 days

In September / October 2010 when i was there , i remember in the paper a 19 oz piece was found
on a private lease
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down