Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17 inch coiltek ufo coil

4 posters

Go down

17 inch coiltek ufo coil Empty 17 inch coiltek ufo coil

Post  yellowmellow Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi All,

Just like more info on this coil please.

Its the 17 inch coiltek ufo coil.

Cheers,

Eureka
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

17 inch coiltek ufo coil Empty Re: 17 inch coiltek ufo coil

Post  Beer Beeper Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:29 pm

I have never owned one but I do know the CoilTek mini UFO(10x17" mono) is completely water submersable-waterproof and is of an open spider web design.

It found the big Stonefish nugget in WA I think.

Does it perform as good as the new open spider web series CoilTek GoldStalker 9x14" or 12x18.5" mono's, I do not know?? Does anyone know out there??

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:27 am

Hi Eureka,
The 17" UFO coil is very highly regarded by prospectors, many of whom who find it to be extremely sensitive. It's lightweight for it's size and can be used to good effect on pretty much any PI detector from Minelab. In recent years, Coiltek developed the Goldstalker range of coils for the newer GPX detectors and I've even heard people refer to the Goldstalker coils as being "UFO's for the GPX". So if you have an SD, a GP or even a GPX, the UFO is a popular and highly recommended search coil. If you have a GPX, the Goldstalker might give you much the same results if user comments are to be considered accurate.

I don't believe you can go wrong with the 17" UFO and I've seen it in the hands of a lot of very experienced prospectors recently.

Cheers,

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:00 am

I know a GPX operator who found an 11 ounce specie with the mini ufo, deep, using smooth mode and slow tracking I think. Deep in bedrock. I ised a 3000 and I have a mini ufo as well as the 14"e and 18"e goldstalkers. The 14"e made my mini ufo obselete, it was quieter, lighter, deeper and much more sensitive. It aslo went well on the SD 2000.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:37 am

Shinegold wrote:I know a GPX operator who found an 11 ounce specie with the mini ufo, deep, using smooth mode and slow tracking I think. Deep in bedrock. I ised a 3000 and I have a mini ufo as well as the 14"e and 18"e goldstalkers. The 14"e made my mini ufo obselete, it was quieter, lighter, deeper and much more sensitive. It aslo went well on the SD 2000.

Thanks Marco, and also I have a 3000 too, thank you Shinegold that answers it!!

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down