Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Standard 11" mono vs Coiltek 11" Elite mono and/or other old coil vs new coil comparisons.

4 posters

Go down

Standard 11" mono vs Coiltek 11" Elite mono and/or other old coil vs new coil comparisons. Empty Standard 11" mono vs Coiltek 11" Elite mono and/or other old coil vs new coil comparisons.

Post  Shinegold Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:06 pm

As mentioned in another post, I've been out of the game for a few years, one of the things that has surprised me is the huge hype surrounding the new flat wound coils. Really interested to know the real difference in performance I mean, are they that much better? I thought the 11" monos would be a good comparison as they're the same size whilst the NF range are all different sizes. Feel free to post any comparisons though.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Standard 11" mono vs Coiltek 11" Elite mono and/or other old coil vs new coil comparisons. Empty Re: Standard 11" mono vs Coiltek 11" Elite mono and/or other old coil vs new coil comparisons.

Post  deutran Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am

Hi Shinegold
The new flat wound coils are significantly better on small sub-gram gold and specimen,that I can confidently say.Using the 14" and 12" size is now like having 2 coils in 1 or having an 8"mono inside your 12" or 14".The disadvantage and there had to be one is the lack of sensitivity on the edges compared to the earlier coils(a small price to pay).
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Standard 11" mono vs Coiltek 11" Elite mono and/or other old coil vs new coil comparisons. Empty Re: Standard 11" mono vs Coiltek 11" Elite mono and/or other old coil vs new coil comparisons.

Post  Shinegold Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:02 am

How far in is the field of detection. In other words, is the 14x9 Evo more like a 14x7?
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:23 am

Owned our 4500's for 10 years only ever used the Minelab 11"Commander & 20" Nugget Finder monos.
Found the Commander was excellent on surface gold.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:06 pm

Shinegold wrote:How far in is the field of detection. In other words, is the 14x9 Evo more like a 14x7?
Hi Shinegold
It really depends on the size of the target.As the target becomes smaller the sensitive band moves towards the center.For shot sized targets its 2 or 3cm in.Anything above 1 or 2 grams is pretty much similar to the earlier coils and you can use the edge of the coil to pinpoint.The NF Evo coils have a line marked on top of the coil.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:05 am

me personally wont go back to the standard coils after using the evos have found many a nug the advantage and commander coils have missed

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down