Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coiltek 14" Elite Mono

+13
Grandfather Johnson
GoldTarget
1anSDC
kon61
LONE WOLF XLIX
hugh62
CostasDee
jet clean
Coiltek Manufacturing
chris68
ttrash
rc62burke
gold bug sniper
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coiltek 14" Elite Mono Empty Coiltek 14" Elite Mono

Post  gold bug sniper Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:59 am

I am anxious to hear how this new Coiltek 14" mono Elite coil performs, the coiltek website says its available in April. Anyone had a go at testing one?
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Coiltek 14" Elite Mono Empty Re: Coiltek 14" Elite Mono

Post  gold bug sniper Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Well, Coiltek's website shows a recently found 3 oz nugget at a depth of 23" with the Elite coil, as well as a couple more testimonials, a .5 gram at 250mm and a 1.4 gram at 300mm, also nuggets found down to .03 grams were recovered. The website showed the coil goes 2-3 inches deeper than a standard mono 14" round coil, then they changed it to 1-2 inches better depth recently.

This is good news for us poor folks that cannot afford the new GPZ7000!!! I think both me and my hunting partner are gonna give this new coil a go. It comes out April 27th.

Last edited by gold bug sniper on Fri May 08, 2015 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:51 pm

gold bug sniper wrote:Well, Coiltek's website shows a recently found 3 oz nugget at a depth of 23" with the Elite coil, as well as a couple more testimonials, a .5 gram at 250mm and a 1.4 gram at 300mm, also nuggets found down to .03 grams were recovered. The website shows the coil goes 2-3 inches deeper than a standard mono 14" round coil.

This is good news for us poor folks that cannot afford the new GPZ7000!!! I think both me and my hunting partner are gonna give this new coil a go. It comes out April 27th.

Hey Mate
Did the info indicate the soil types in which the improvements were gained???? OZ or US????
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Coil configuration & type of coil winding can play a significant part,towards increased depth,sensitivity as well as ground stability,Gold Bug Sniper.If its as good as what's been stated,it be pushing if not surpassing the boundaries of the 7000 hey? I can only wish you the best of luck with it GBS & do give us your opinion on what you think of it,after you'v given it a good working over.

Cheers Kon. T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Will do Kon, we will be headed out to Nevada June 1st for 5-6 days detecting. With all the gpz's out there in the known patches cleaning house we need all the help we can get this coming season. I would imagine that the tests done were by Coiltek using a standard 14" mono Goldstalker and the new Elite for comparison and done in Australia, just a educated guess. I agree with the coils playing a major factor in how a detector performs. We have proved this time and again with the vlf's over the yrs. I am sure its the same with pi detectors as well. At least this new tech coil is affordable. I like to have a technical edge when I can afford it.

Last edited by gold bug sniper on Thu May 28, 2015 3:32 am; edited 3 times in total
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 pm

G'day All,

Going by what was said at the meeting last night, this new coil sounds like it is going to be the bees knees. We were told that Coiltek Gold Centre in Maryborough has had 140 orders for this new coil also, interesting times ahead by the looks of things. Shocked

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Interesting indeed Mike. But why in camo colour? Trev,its hard enough seeing/spotting small/tiny gold nuggets covered in dirt,on a full Tan/Terracotta/White background?
Would not a single full black/dark green,matt colour suffice more,towards making the colour of gold stand out better when on the coil? Or are these colours strictly for Commando Use? You know,sneaking quietly up to the nugget before it hears something & makes a run for it? Laughing

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Yes I can also see another problem don't put your detector down and do a 360, as you may not find it back again. Laughing Or you may trip over the coil. Rolling Eyes

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:12 pm

When the Greens get their way and turn all our forests into parks we will need all the camo we can get.V08Suspect

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Coiltek 14" Elite Mono Empty New Coiltek Coil

Post  ttrash Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Cost mentioned is $460

Anyone confirm ...?

Anthony
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm

I was told $450 by coiltek Maryborough.

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Fri May 01, 2015 3:51 am

None to be had for sale here in the states yet?? None on Ebay, checked with a couple dealers, nobody has em?? I want one!!!
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Coiltek Manufacturing Tue May 05, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi gold bug,
They will be in the states very soon through the dealer network. Right now I know Kellyco has had a delivery do they might have some left. Try their website

The camo pattern was to provide a point of difference and a fresh look.
I don't see how it would get lost when attached to the detector. Unless it's taken off and put down

I hope this helps
Trev
Coiltek Manufacturing
Coiltek Manufacturing
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Thu May 07, 2015 4:01 am

Trev, thanks my detecting partner and I both have the new Elite 14" mono ordered, now we can keep that June 1st date for the week long trek into Northern Nevada as long as weather cooperates.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Fri May 29, 2015 1:07 pm

The best coil outthere ,its strange how new coil,s are starting to come to market after the release of the gpz , new coils are going to change things exp for the ones who are hanging on to there gpx 4500/5000 range ,after using one of these new coils big improvements less hot rocks lesss ground noise more pos target signal,s i wonder what others will come up with soon. Interesting times ahead.

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Fri May 29, 2015 1:16 pm

There are beginning to be some very fine reports about this Coiltek 14" Elite mono, check out the story under Member Finds in this website. Pretty amazing for just changing out your coil. I am glad I still have my gpx. Your right, amazing times ahead. I cannot wait to get to the gold fields, we are taking off early monday morning for 5-6 days detecting.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Fri May 29, 2015 3:24 pm

I have only managed to use the Coiltek 14" Elite over one weekend since buying it so my opinion is based solely on that one weekend.

I headed out very early on a Friday morning and it had been bucketing down the day and the night before, so when I arrived out in the triangle, it was very damp. I had the coil already fitted to the detector, and proceeded to check it over a test patch of mine. My usual coil is a Commander 15x12 mono and the buried target can not be heard in this very mineralised ground with FP and enhanced with my 45. I found that the Elite did somewhat give a extremely light response, but then again, due to the saturation of moisture in the ground, it was hard to tell as the entire area was noisier than ever. My first thought was that this coil is too sensitive for this ground and that I would have to dumb down the detector to eliminate the extra ground noise, hence negating any advantage of using this new coil. I left this place and proceeded to go to another place where I had found some bits of gold last time I was out and seee the coils behaviour during real world detecting.

Upon arriving to this area and starting detecting, I found the coil to be sensitive to bumps and even wet blades of grass and quite noisy to what I was used to. An hour passed and the ground had started to dry and that's when this coil started to shine. From the noisy coil that it was, it became silent and a pleasure to use. I picked up 3 bits of bird shot at 4" where the average for this type of bird shot in the past, had been 2". I even scored a tiny piece of gold (haven't weighed it but presumed about 0.1g) at about 3".

My conclusion about this coil, is that it is quiet and it also has that extra bit of sensitivity, so long as the ground is dry. I will use it as my new all rounder but when the ground is too saturated, I will go back to the Commander 15x12 mono until the ground dries up a little (probably about 15% of the time) and then refit the Elite. Overall, I was very happy with this coil's performance...
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Sat May 30, 2015 7:21 am

Thanks Costasdee and others , for their  that summary's on this coil ,looks like another must have for my kit ! Despite it's uncanny arrival time in the market place  so soon after the arrival of the 7000  Rolling Eyes I hope now that this places market pressure on other coil builders in coming up with some thing new as well ?
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:20 am

I just got back from a 4 day trip, using the Elite 14", no gold for me due to lousy areas we chose to hunt, but we did some in depth tests with it in afternoon at camp, in ground tests using a 1.3 gram nugget, with my 4000, a 5000, and a 3500, the 3500 could not hear the 1.2 grammer at 13" period with the 14" elite, the 5000 picked it up with light but decent signal that would be enough to say dig me, and my 4000 with 14" elite hit it best of all with very discernable signal, enough to get your attention in a hurry even though not a slammer signal. I had no idea a 1.3 gram nugget could be found at such depths, I am running a 5000 lithium batt with internal amp turned on with a pigtail adapter, using sensitive extra, 12 gain, deep, slow. At any rate I was real happy with the tests we did, and am glad I got the new Elite 14", cannot wait to get to some better areas to hunt. We also tested with a 15x12 Commander, on the 13" deep 1.3 grammer, 3500 failed, 5000 just barely got it, barely a break in signal I would have missed it due to how light. Didn't try the 4000 with the 15x12. Ground tested in was medium hot soils.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:19 am

Even though you'r located at opposite ends of the earth gold bug sniper,your feed back/testing/comparing the new Coiltek 14 inch Elite Mono,on various GPX detectors is highly appreciated.
Now what I'm about to say might not have much relevance to this topic in general,but some here might find it interesting.It is not to be taken as conclusive proof for all size/type gold nuggets encountered over various types of mineralized ground/soil conditions.
During comparison testing between the GPZ 7000 & GPX 4500/5000,on a 1.2 gram solid slug of gold,I could not better 8 inches air test,in High Yield/Difficult soil and 10 inches in General gold mode. On a solid 3 gram natural gold nugget,all I could achieve was 10 inches in High Yield and 11 inches depth in General.All tests conducted over slightly above average mineralized ground conditions.
One can conclude,that in various type of soil conditions,or on certain type/size natural slugs of gold,no detector/coil combination,can achieve constant,superior performance/results,over all other hand held detectors in use today.
My above statements are not directed towards the degradation of the GPZ 7000 in any way,shape,or form,neither should they be seen as such (for the GPZ can certainly achieve "some" results,with its 14x13 inch coil, that all other detectors before it could not) but more to make people aware of what to expect over some type of gold encountered,within certain gold fields,over various type of ground/soil conditions.
Good working GPXs with the availability of many a variable coil size/type,at their disposal,are far from dead yet.

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Coiltek 14" Elite Mono Empty COILTEK 14" ELITE MONO

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:54 pm

This is a description of my use of the above coil, in no way do i have any connection  with the suppliers nor makers .
On a recent trip to the FORSAYTH  area Q.L.D. i had ordered a coil from Coiltek gold centre Maryborough VIC. and it arrived just in time before i departed . Great Service I must say, having mostly used  nuggetfinder 14x9 and 17 x11  monos  as my main coils, I was keen to try this coil as I had heard and read much about it.
My first impression darn this thing weigths a bit , being not used to such a coil so bungy cord ajusted to suit ,
all good  it took me 2 full days of detecting to get used to swinging it, I found it has a advantage I was able to get closer to the ground were there was tuffs of grass it just pushes its way thru easily, I found it gives a bit of a signal when passing over wet tuffs of dense grass but on second pass over its gone,I found it picks up less emi runs very quite and over all found gold from 2" to 2 foot  ,not measured  just a estimate. in 8 days  found 19 bits ranging from .25 to 10.3  cleaned. I did find it is a bit more difficult to pinpoint targets , and gee i tell you , you definitly dig bigger holes as the coil is sensitive all way round ,being only a beginner in this detecting am learning lots from this forum and those that contribute, so hope fully this helps someone who is thinking of getting this coil.
I stress this i can not say its better or worse than other coils i have used but i have found its a confidence thing you have to  BELIVE in the gear you have and be switched on to what your doing BUT MOST of all you have to WALK OVER IT . Then the rest is up to you.
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:26 pm

One can conclude,that in various type of soil conditions,or on certain type/size natural slugs of gold,no detector/coil combination,can achieve constant,superior performance/results,over all other hand held detectors in use today.

Q33 Thou I question the validity of air testing ? A couple of years ago ,I dollyed up some ironstone and putting it onto a container ,along with a one & half gram nugget in the centre of it ??  and burying it till I got just a faint ,but diffident , dig me signal ,then along with my 5000 ,in fixed G/B , going over a set obstacle path that took 10 -15 minutes ?  and coming back to the target ,to find to my horror , on several occasions  that I'd lost the target signal !! even thou my G/B still sounded good !!But even with accidental bumps ,climbing the coil over obstacles ,and even thou I constantly G/B , I have for some time now ,question the depth / sensitivity MEMORY of detectors ,when we do a ground balance ,ground grab, even if our G/Balance still sounds okay !!
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:58 pm

I too agree with your reasoning,as to the validity of air tests Hugh. Air tests are nothing more than air tests,for there is no barrier in between the target and coil.Air tests should not be taken as conclusive,final results,towards the sensitivity/depth on any target,in the same way,as if it were buried in undisturbed ground.
Air tests are more to give one some idea,or reasoning behind various targets found on benign ground (ground that is basically mineralization free)
As long as depth tests are performed on/with naturally dug up gold nuggets and not materials containing a high percentage of highly conductive metals, we're basically 2/3 of the way there? Laughing

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  1anSDC Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Nenad has a new video up on the new Coiltek 14 Mono Elite.
I posted this elsewhere on the forum but this might be the spot for it. I just got the GPX 5000 pro pack and the Commander 15x12 mono is included. I'm pretty sure Nenad is doing a comparison for these two coils soon. It seems from what i have been told the Elite has a sharper response but the Commander still picks it up at similar depth. Interested to see some real results making it to the forum sometime soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mb1-zLbsxw

Ian

1anSDC
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldTarget Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Picked up one for the 3000. No expert here but here's a few thoughts on the camo coil after day 1. Nice and bright on milder ground on the old girl. Hit an area I'd put my 15x12 (new) over a few times on milder ground and managed to extract a few extra targets. Moved to a noisy area (DD for gp area) ran both coils over worked ground in an organized pattern found an extra 8 small targets with the elite. The commander tends to have a better midpoint than the elite but the elite in both depth and sensitivity levels was really impressive. Strap it to a gpx and I'm sure it could really shine especially with its range of capability.

I can't add to air tests, dry weather only today, and no gold but I enjoyed swinging it, it was much lighter than I expected it might be, no more effort than and 11 commander. Couple of downsides, the color really does nothing for me and I noticed a smallish signal bias to one side of the coil thankfully my left side, odd but definitely discernable. If your on the fence about picking one up I reckon jump on it like for like it's a solid 14 mono and with any luck a taste of things to come from coiltek future offerings. I have no affiliation and my representation comes from my own personal use.

GoldTarget
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:45 am

I am very satisfied with my Coiltek Elite mono 14", now the question is when is Coiltek coming out with some different size Elite coils? I would be game for a 8" round elite mono model for grain size gold. I been hoping for a tiny nugget pi detector to take the place of my Gold Bug 2 for awhile, but it appears if Coiltek makes a small coil with same tech as this Elite 14" I believe I would not need the extra detector.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:33 pm

Noticed some of these on ebay for $530.00 plus postage i throught they were $430.00 i may be wrong must be a mistake.or i need my glasses on.

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:55 pm

On the Coiltek Maryborough website they are $450.00 Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:23 am

Just checked ebay new listing 530.00$ maybe becouse of the cap and looks like extra storage bag .i wont pay 530.00$ .450.00 ok

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:34 am

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Coiltek-14-Camo-Elite-Mono-for-Minelab-Metal-Detector-/321811646870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4aed780996 here we go .

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next