Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lease holders or imposters?

+18
doitduey
jacktar
nuggertman
Nomad
jakedesnake
jayvee
chopppacalamari
Big Ozzie Man
forester01
delapan
fadix
gollstar
spidertice
MS
Beer Beeper
nero_design
Nightjar
Granite
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lease holders or imposters? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lease holders or imposters?

Post  Nightjar Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi John/Val,
Received your welcome email today while you are still in WA, paranoid lot on the other side, maybe not you Queenslanders.
Sure happy to meet up with you at Wilson's Patch even if it was brief.
Happy and safe travelling and catch you again down the track one day.

Regards
Peter & Carol.........
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  jakedesnake Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:12 am

Hi all
As I type this I sitting in my van camped near Murrin-Murrin and it is blowing it's guts out, we have sort and received permission to detect
on several leases with no problems, Have talked other pepole out here all are a little defensive at first but with the right paper work.Google earth with current live tenements overlaid and a gps mouse it sorts all problems. Now its starting to rain!

Doug.

jakedesnake

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Nomad Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:52 pm

I knew gold did strange things to some people but greed to this extent is not acceptable to me, I can't understand how people and company's can peg land and not work it, and get away with it.
I'm new to all this but if I'm ever approached by hostile smart arsed turnouts demanding I leave an area without producing proof of identification or lease, I for one am prepared to do something about it.
I hope these are only isolated cases as I have never gone looking for trouble but never walked away from it when it finds me, as I'm a firm believer in helping people rather than hindering anyone, so hopefully I'll never run in to these types, It's a bit hard to believe there are arseholes around like this, so why aren't they buried ?
Nomad
Nomad
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:44 am

Gday

Over the years I have had some run ins with nutters in the goldfields, the types that fly into your camp and demand to know what you are doing there, usually after some questioning they turn out not to be the lease holder, but the mate of a mate or some such thing, just trying to scare you out of the area.

If these people have a legitimate right there then they will have no issues with providing you with their details, and have no issue with you taking their registration details, I have found that the more aggressively they behave the less likely it is that they even have the right to ask you to leave, they also have no right to see your miners right or any other documentation, if they dont identify themselves correctly its because they have something to hide.

A legitimate operator would ask to see your 20a permit if you had one, or ask who you got permission from in the first place, they should already have an idea who is in the area as they would have been informed by the mines department, but there can be more than one permit granted or permission given to several people to be there, so they not be sure exactly who you are.

One sleazy so called lease holder from one area claimed he had never heard of a 20a permit when it was shoved under his nose, and still carried on the farce of calling the mines department office to confirm it, turned out it wasnt even his lease and he had no right to be there himself, some of these types live in a fantasy land where all that shines like gold is theirs and theirs alone "my precious" Lease holders or imposters? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

You have to remember that the legitimate operators have a right to know whats going on as they are paying the bills and are responsible for the rehabilitaion or the area, that includes any damage that uninvited guests leave behind, so you can undertand them being a bit touchy at times.

One thing for sure is that quickest way to get yourself smacked out is by behaving aggressively towards someone in the first place, the people who do this to others will at some stage come across someone that does not take it and will push back, and they will get a valuable lesson in how to approach people.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Lease holders or imposters? - Page 2 Empty thx god

Post  nuggertman Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:54 pm

hi m8 thx god for that /// i stated to get worried // thought i might have to take my gun with me /// thx again m8 good news
nuggertman
nuggertman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Lease holders or imposters? - Page 2 Empty purhcase or peg claim what gov authority controls it

Post  jacktar Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:42 pm

That is one of the best posts I seen, thanks, on the subject of pegging a claim can anyone do it anywhere ie crown land/state land, old 1800 mine sites or are there very strict rules and if you frequent a certain area can it be pegged off as a lease???? it's fasinating.

Mark M

Last edited by jacktar on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
jacktar
jacktar
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-08-03

http://www.benhallaustralianbushranger.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:36 pm

gday, i have read with interest this post. i have only been on three trips out here in the west and had my first run in with a local when i went back into a pub where i got some supplies. basically he came up to me and called me a lease jumper and a thief. firstly i have made sure that where i go i am allowed to detect. secondly i didnt take kindly to be accused by some hick out the bush of illegal activity. luckily for this gentleman the owner of the pub came to the rescue and saved his skin.i still crack up at the way his face turned bright red and him quivering in the corner whilst i demanded very loudly that he apologise to me. which he did, anyway i look forward to someone out the bush trying to intimidate myself on the next occassion. some people need to learn, dont do that. cheers jason

Back to top Go down

Lease holders or imposters? - Page 2 Empty Six Mile

Post  doitduey Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi All
I am fairly new to this game but as I live in Sandstone thought I would have a say. My understanding is that Six Mile is a private lease (I know the guy) and no one can get a 20A on it, although you can get close. There was a Caretaker couple there last year with the owners permission. Sure, most people do the right thing but it was like a caravan park at one stage with rubbish left behind. This is another example of the few ruining it for the rest.

DoitDuey

doitduey
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 pm

We were warned by a station manager in WA that a bloke "Larry" would probably try and hunt us off a site.He said if he appears tell him to p'off.Sure enough larry appears but as there were 4 of us he drove right through our camp and stopped out 200 mters.Looked the part with the old troopy and light on top but no right to be next door to his camp/lease.If we hadn't been warned we may have been bluffed off.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  the escape club Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:32 am

Rwork wrote:We were warned by a station manager in WA that a bloke "Larry" would probably try and hunt us off a site.He said if he appears tell him to p'off.Sure enough larry appears but as there were 4 of us he drove right through our camp and stopped out 200 mters.Looked the part with the old troopy and light on top but no right to be next door to his camp/lease.If we hadn't been warned we may have been bluffed off.

I've been warned about this bloke by the manager of the station that he is currently camped on. He even provided me with his last name and said that the bloke in question is well know from Kalgoorlie to north of here. I moved with my family to Leinster a few months ago and have decided I want to do some detecting on my days off. (not really just decided, it's been over 20 years in the dreaming stage)

The stations here get a bit of there gear trucked to the Leinster Nickel Mine and come in and pick it up. I was having a chat about detecting on the pastoral leases and was told that Larry has been known to produce a pick handle to chase people off but has never produced anything to verify his own legitimacy despite repeated requests.

With me now being local and easy to identify and to chase up and also only wanting to do day trips, one Station Manager in particular was pretty keen for me to go out there. I think he was hoping I ran into Larry and put the wind up him.

I might have to just for shits and giggles. Laughing

Anyway, I picked up my 5000 last Friday from Laverton Luck. Lincoln was nice enough to take me out for a few hours to show me what's, what, for which I am very grateful. I'm currently trying to get my head around tengraph, I think I'm sort of doing it right but still have many questions. I'll save them for searchs or start up another thread.

Rob.

the escape club
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  thelion Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:10 am

spidertice wrote:
nero_design wrote:
fadix wrote:If you are found with gold that has the identical DNA signature of the gold recorded from my husband's tenements, prosecution for gold theft will occur.

Gold is a fairly simple Atomic structure. It's also inorganic, thus it has no DNA.

Gold will produce different colors and composition based on the presence of other metals. But it's virtually impossible to determine a gold sample's origins if the dirt has been washed from the surface. The cost of running proper tests to determine if one soil sample is identical to another is blisteringly expensive and often inconclusive.

Gold is a fairly simple Atomic structure. It's also inorganic, thus it has no DNA
Hi marco
A mine from where i used to live prosecuted a person for stealing gold, and the story was that this was based on dna,
( i worked in another mine and workers from this mine told me the story)
It was processed gold as he stole it out of the gold room, and sold so whether or not it was traceable because of the flotation/ leaching process or parts of the gold still had chemicals (eg sippax etc), I dont know ,,

DNA is the wrong word but all gold has different spectrographic properties a piece from Coolgardie will be slightly different from the golden mile in Kalgoolie, which will be very different from Pine Creek. but rest asured it can be traced. However all gold of a particuler area will be very similar, similar enough for Prosecutions to beyond reasonable doubt!

Note Gold stolen from Kalgoolie has been in the past attempted to be sold in Perth and the sellers prosecuted because it had to come from a certain mine and hadnt been!

Also note that many years ago My father was questioned by Gold Squad detectives because he was selling gold that was considered to pure, it wasnt until he told them where he fossicked for it did they believe it was native gold and not resmelted from an ingot as it was extremelly pure! Now they would have done a spectrographic test on it!

thelion
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Lease holders or imposters? - Page 2 Empty my 2 experiences

Post  jedda Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:11 am

when i was over the west my mate and I in 2 separate vehicles were having a look around without detecting and had pulled up to have a bite to eat a beer etc and he was telling me alittle of the local history lay of the land etc, while we were driving we were using the uhf, we were pulled up about 20 mtrs or so apart and another vehicle showed up and the driver demanded to know what my mate was doing, classic Mexican standoff stuff, the dh said he was looking for people stealing gold, I was cutting some ham off a leg for a sanga, and started to walk over towards them carrying the large knife, and the dh p155ed off, I went into the town which was only about 4 k's and reported him to the cops, I was at the local surgery a while later and was telling the local doc (keen detectorist) about what happened apparently there a couple of real nutters around there

yesterday I was in the bush a little north of napoleons near ballarat and was on a gazetted rd, which because of the release of some bush blocks had been altered and blocked, anyway I got to a dead end and a locked gate and a house in the distance, I was consulting my gps and maps etc and started to turn and drive out again and saw a light truck blocking my was god knows where he come from, anyway the lunatic asked if I was lost, dumb question when u have 2 gps units and maps and can navigate on land sea and air etc, the conversation degenerated at a fast rate,i asked him what business it was of his what I did on crown land on gazetted public roads, he said he owned the place through the gate and had had some stuff knocked off, and had to pay for the upkeep of the road, no sympathy from me being off the land myself as a youngster, the conversation was going nowhere ( I was sitting in my 4wd the whole time) he took down my number plate and took a pic of me and took off I had his number plates as well and rang the cops who later rang me with the owners details, I made contact with them and told them what happened (was a company vehicle apparently)

unfortunately, nowadays when in the bush, I pick my spots to detct pretty carefully as I am usually by myself and am getting on a bit

jedda
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-06-30

http://www.ozisafety.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2