Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bogus claim holders

2 posters

Go down

bogus claim holders Empty bogus claim holders

Post  tirp56 Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:15 pm

just thought youd like to hear of a pair of ratbags going round the creswick area trying to warn people off their so-called claim,but when challenged to show proof they p/off quick .They are driving a dark green hi lux 4x4 with a canopy and with what looks to be nsw plates

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

bogus claim holders Empty Re: bogus claim holders

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:40 pm

ahh thanks for the tip tirp56 Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 pm

sounds like they might be onto some gold to me

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:05 pm

yep chit like that is always a give away!! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Nature_Pete Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 am

tirp56 wrote:just thought youd like to hear of a pair of ratbags going round the creswick area trying to warn people off their so-called claim,but when challenged to show proof they p/off quick .They are driving a dark green hi lux 4x4 with a canopy and with what looks to be nsw plates

That may explain what was going on at an area we visited with Uni. There was a 'Temporary’ fence across a track on public land, it only ran a few metres into the bush both sides and was designed (I assume) to stop vehicles from continuing along the track. I’m just trying to remember the exact area where it was, as I know it was all public land (we were GIS Mapping for weed control) and made note of it. It may have been the Union Jack Reserve, but I’m not 100% sure. There was also a generator running in the distance which we first assumed was on private property, but never really walked much further than where the fence was.

We did notice that the fence had been basically run over/flattened when we returned to spray the areas that had been mapped and the vehicle tracks were reasonably numerous and fresh. I have always wondered why someone would attempt to block a public track, especially in a common reserve. That could be the answer, or maybe it could just be someone camping that didn’t want anyone to go up there.

I guess the question poses, what do you do when someone tries the "False Claim Business", as in who do you report it to?

Nature Pete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:57 pm

I would try not to be alone in such circumstances Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down