Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trespassers should be........

+22
paulf
Alan WA
Kon61gold
The Modern Day Prospector
toadskin
Rtanweb
Flakmagnet
coilman
matelot
Scotty
granite2
gef50
byronbinalong
rarebreed
GoldstalkerGPX
nero_design
ichi-ban
glenno
Geronimo Reilly
maka
spinna
richter-scale
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Trespassers should be........ Empty Trespassers should be........

Post  Guest Tue 22 Nov - 16:05

Gday Determined Dirt Diggers,

Trespassers should be:
A : Shot
B : Congratulated
C : Drawn and Quartered
D : Encouraged
E : Prosecuted
F : Other?

Back to top Go down

Trespassers should be........ Empty Re: Trespassers should be........

Post  Guest Tue 22 Nov - 16:50

Should know better,respect people's back yard.

Back to top Go down

Post  richter-scale Tue 22 Nov - 17:15

i think we are all a little guilty of it ! come on the grass allways looks greener on the other side of the fence !! Smile

richter-scale
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Tue 22 Nov - 17:28

Local sign reads "Trespassers shot, survivors prosecuted"

Sounds fair to me.
Get permission!
spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Nov - 17:55

tarred & feathered.

Trespassers should be........ Drugdealer3PA_468x316

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Tue 22 Nov - 18:02

Is that a question Gus? Do you have one tied up in the basement?
My answer would depend on where and why they were trespassing..
School kids cutting thru your yard to get to the bus, = Say hi and make friends, then as they grow they wont vandalise your property, abuse them and they will remember it ...
Thieves= shot
lost= help them
Harm your family= locked up in a shipping container on a few acres, and fed and watered and tortured for several months..
plenty of answers to this question..
Or are we talking, lease jumpers?= warning shot to the windcreen on their vehicle..
Hot looking Swedish backpackers= invite in for a coldie...
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Geronimo Reilly Tue 22 Nov - 18:46

maka wrote:
......and to check the gain on your "detector! " Wink Wink
Geronimo.
Geronimo Reilly
Geronimo Reilly
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  glenno Tue 22 Nov - 22:02

The way this Govenment is going WE WILL ALL BE TRESPASING SOON ON OUR OWN GROUND... YOU MAY LAUGH NOW ( BUT YOU WONT BE IN 10 YEARS TIME ) Mark my word's boys n girls who cant stand up for themselves anymore. Sad Very Happy TO SOON OLD TO LATE SMART. Arrow No Neutral
glenno
glenno
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban Tue 22 Nov - 23:07

,,,,,,on some poor devil's lease?

Shamed and then shot!

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Nov - 11:36

maka wrote:Is that a question Gus? Do you have one tied up in the basement?
My answer would depend on where and why they were trespassing..
School kids cutting thru your yard to get to the bus, = Say hi and make friends, then as they grow they wont vandalise your property, abuse them and they will remember it ...
Thieves= shot
lost= help them
Harm your family= locked up in a shipping container on a few acres, and fed and watered and tortured for several months..
plenty of answers to this question..
Or are we talking, lease jumpers?= warning shot to the windcreen on their vehicle..

Ha Ha Good one Maka,but I wouldnt waste my time with keeping them in the basement. They make much better fertilizer for the rose garden Twisted Evil

It was more just a pole to see what the good people of this site would do if somebody was on their property without permission.
Its funny how some Grass Farmers have little more to do than chase people around their area,making sure their not up to no good.

A while back,a mate and myself approached a land owner about access to his property.
We were met with a resounding NO! Fair enough we thought,cant win them all. It made no difference to him that nearly every other land owner in the area had let us on,and we have formed life long friendships with these people.
But its his land and I respect his decision.
Well not 10 mins later,we were talking to an ol mate down the road by his front gate,when this bloke turns up. He verbally abused us and warned us we would be shot if he caught us on our land.....all infront of his neighbour,who by the way,also thinks this bloke is a few roos short in the top paddock.
Now I took offence at this outburst,and told the bloke he better either get out of his ute or make himself scarse,cause trouble was a brewin.

Another property owner who had large diggings on his land also wouldnt let us on. It was made more bitter by his wife proudly showing off a 33grm chunk she specked under her clothesline Shocked
Lets just say I was determined,so I made repeat trips to ask permission,thinking that they would feel sorry or just let me on to stop pestering them. It never happened and the place is still extremely rich.
Hmmmm i may go and ask them a few times more this weekend Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed 23 Nov - 20:34

If it were my property and I caught people trespassing I would ask them why they were there and explain that they were tresspassing. If they were genuinely contrite, no problem. Many people have no idea of what they should or shouldn't do or where to go so you need to show a little open-mindedness when dealing with people new to the hobby. Some play dumb hoping to get a break if caught. But if they appeared to be aware of their location and intentionally trespassed, I'd simply destroy their vehicles and equipment after the first warning, no matter how remote the area would be. If they were walk-ons without vehicles, I'd take their pictures and warn them to leave. Failure to present identification would result on an immediate arrest and prosecution plus damages (if any). Failure to comply or repeat offenders would find out more about my artistic side.

There's a reason why I carry a can of paint, a fireaxe and a glass cutter in my vehicles. I'm very happy to leave messages etched into front windscreens (have done so many times when parked in my own driveway at work when thoughtless restaurant patrons assume the office is empty)... and I enjoy disabling locks on all but the passenger door. If you disable all the doors, he'll get the door locks replaces ASAP. But if you disable only the driver's side door, he'll put up with the inconvenience of climbing across from the passenger's side door several times a day, every day, for weeks.

I certainly think I'd devote a bit of personal time in tormenting unwanted diggers on my property. A method used in some WA locations is to let them do the digging, then take their gold off them. I heard of one chap who was held upside down to shake out the "heavy" elements from his pockets. It helps of course to have at least one other person with you when you do that. It's been done in Northern NSW recently. In that particular case, I was told the Mines Inspector was among the witnesses. The trespasser had been turned away previously but had returned with a GPX and a backhoe on the back of his Hilux and was merrily digging up the property when caught.

As for this forum, there are SEVERAL repeat offenders here who have been dealt with for trespassing on gold properties after being told to leave. One infamous prospector was thrown onto a fence in NSW where his hip was damaged along with one of his ribs. And another well-known chap had the local property manager in QLD light a fire in the grass near his caravan/camper-van to get him to return to the spot on his quad bike before getting sent up to the station owner to explain his trespassing.

A lot of the problems could be averted with clear signs indicating Private Property or No Trespassing. It makes it very clear to all that someone doesn't want you there.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed 23 Nov - 21:09

Evil Nero, pure evil Twisted Evil I like it Very Happy

Although I am not into causing damage to a mans property....Just the man, you think like I do.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  rarebreed Wed 23 Nov - 22:59

Seeing as we are feeding the trolls here ill continue with it.

They should be congratulated and given a medal, after all the land out there doesn't belong to us in the first place right, did we not steal it from the local aboriginal people when we settled Australia.
Who are the real thieves here....
Anyway whats the purpose of posts like this ? Are you generally interested in whether people think stealing is ok ? I don't understand posts like this.
confused
rarebreed
rarebreed
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 9:16

A lot of self righteous but sinister opinions affraid in some of these posts.
Hey Glenno! Loved that clip mate , speaks volumes. Saw the movie and laughed all the way through it.

Oh man that comment re the stealing Australia from the Aboriginals has got me going but I am rearly,rearly fighting the urge to comment silent . We dun want any more padlocks flying around hey! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 10:24

Hey Nero,
have you ever thought about going into debit recovery? Im sure together we could come up with a multitude of ways to mess with peoples minds Razz

Hey Rarebreed,
Feeding the Trolls is banned on this site..... Wink
Purpose of this post?......just a psychological experiment (dont worry...you passed)

Adrian,dont hold back mate its bad for your health Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  rarebreed Thu 24 Nov - 11:23

Your comment intrigues me Adrian SS..

You think that white settlement didn't take away the land of the local aboriginal population and caused the destruction of the native people of Australia ?
Suspect
rarebreed
rarebreed
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 11:49

Nooott a chance , nooooo way can yez draw me into talkin......Gaaaasp!!!, chup!!!, Garrrrgh!!,,Choke!! Cough Gaaasp!!!!Phew Blimey uts tough but!! pale affraid Iyeee!!

Back to top Go down

Post  rarebreed Thu 24 Nov - 11:57

Well played Sir
rarebreed
rarebreed
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  byronbinalong Thu 24 Nov - 12:11

HEY RAREBREED .... comments like this will only cause grief and anguish and drag down this forum Crying or Very sad .... we dont need to aggravate a contential issue Twisted Evil .... and have a guess what ... I AM INDIGENOUS What a Face
and this is not the topic that was started
Cheers
byronbinalong
byronbinalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 13:18

byronbinalong wrote:HEY RAREBREED .... comments like this will only cause grief and anguish and drag down this forum Crying or Very sad .... we dont need to aggravate a contential issue Twisted Evil .... and have a guess what ... I AM INDIGENOUS What a Face
and this is not the topic that was started
Cheers

so are my 2 sons !! they were born here . Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 15:37

glenno wrote:The way this Govenment is going WE WILL ALL BE TRESPASING SOON ON OUR OWN GROUND... YOU MAY LAUGH NOW ( BUT YOU WONT BE IN 10 YEARS TIME ) Mark my word's boys n girls who cant stand up for themselves anymore. Sad Very Happy TO SOON OLD TO LATE SMART. Arrow No Neutral

Everyone should look into fee simple, a simple google search will point you in the right direction, very interesting stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 20:01

NNNNNNNGGGGGGGAAAAAHHHHGGGGH!! OH maaan I Iz struggling ta Hold back!! Yez gotta stop temptin me!
It's like having Parkinsons, n holdin an oozie (4got how ta spell that) with a hair trigger affraid Somethin iz gunna give soon bom

Last edited by Adrian SS on Thu 24 Nov - 20:07; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 20:05

Adrian SS wrote:NNNNNNNGGGGGGGAAAAAHHHHGGGGH!! OH maaan I Iz struggling ta Hold back!! Yez gotta stop temptin me!
It's like having Parkinsons, n holdin an oozie with a hair trigger affraid Somethin iz gunna give soon bom

What's up SS all I said was does the gold bug find you the gold Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 20:10

Sorry mate , I was refering to a couple of previous posts just back up the thread a bit.
It's gettin late and I am a bit dozey Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  richter-scale Thu 24 Nov - 20:16

adrian , mate u need to get of the muffler for a day or 3 , you lost it , iam in the chat room if you need canceling m8, woow your on it!

richter-scale
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 20:27

No, it's fine now I have it under control and if I keep a lid on it I will be able to reward myself with a nicer avatar in a couple of days bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  richter-scale Thu 24 Nov - 20:30

i new it!

richter-scale
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Nov - 20:35

Adrian SS wrote:Sorry mate , I was refering to a couple of previous posts just back up the thread a bit.
It's gettin late and I am a bit dozey Very Happy

it's all good fun SS cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  rarebreed Thu 24 Nov - 21:17

byronbinalong,
That was the point of my post, I believe posts of this nature asking what you would do to a trespassers serve no purpose.
I was also referring back to things that are being stolen which is indeed part and parcel of this topic, Or do you believe that trespassing and stealing gold is not the same as stealing in general etc.

The comment about the land is relevant to this topic also, because if a person feels that nobody owns land then is there truly trespassing involved ?

Take it the way you want, though just like you i to am entitled to my opinion...

rarebreed
rarebreed
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  gef50 Thu 24 Nov - 21:48

Well as far as detecting goes up er in the NT .. should be welcomed ... encouraged etc etc etc
gef50
gef50
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.vkteksolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum