Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WA GOLD. Section 20 A Permit - Do We Need It?

3 posters

Go down

WA GOLD. Section 20 A Permit - Do We Need It? Empty WA GOLD. Section 20 A Permit - Do We Need It?

Post  C. Nyal de Kaye Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:45 pm

We are off to WA in a month or so, and trying to sort out the necessary paperwork. Miner's Rights seem easy enough to organise, but what about the Section 20A Permit. Do we need it? We have not been to WA before and understand that to get a 20A you have to specify exactly where you want to go. At this stage, we are not sure just where we will be, or where we will be going.

If you need a Section 20A Permit, can you get it in any of the major towns?

Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.
C. Nyal de Kaye
C. Nyal de Kaye
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

WA GOLD. Section 20 A Permit - Do We Need It? Empty section 20a permit system

Post  gof2 Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:58 pm

hi, i'm sat here with wa dior paperwork leaflet on 20a system but if you go to internet; www.doir.wa.gov.au you should be able to download ,it's on info leaflet18.hope this helps.reg

gof2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

WA GOLD. Section 20 A Permit - Do We Need It? Empty Re: WA GOLD. Section 20 A Permit - Do We Need It?

Post  C. Nyal de Kaye Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 am

Thanks gof2 - I'll look it up.
C. Nyal de Kaye
C. Nyal de Kaye
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

WA GOLD. Section 20 A Permit - Do We Need It? Empty Re: WA GOLD. Section 20 A Permit - Do We Need It?

Post  Tony2 Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:20 am

To the best of my knowledge, the S20a permit is used to access Exploration leases.
They become active after 21 days from the lodgement date and are valid for 3 months.

If an exploration lease is "Pending" then a 20a permit is NOT needed. Check for status on the Tengraph before you head out.
If an exploration lease is "Live" then the 20a permit is required....costs $25 (same as Miner's Right).

A Miner's Right is required for all areas.

Each 20a Permit gives you access to 10 graticular blocks...which is an awfully large parcel of land.

All of the details are on the DOIR website.

Hope this helps,
Tony2

Tony2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  C. Nyal de Kaye Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:29 am

Thank you Tony 2 - I appreciate your input.
C. Nyal de Kaye
C. Nyal de Kaye
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:36 am

Gday

You will need a 20a permit for any live ELs that you intend to go on, but as Tony stated you have to apply and then wait 21 days before it is valid, so unless you have a specific areas in mind and you know the status of the area then you are going to find it hard going to organise.

My advice to you is to go to the nearest major town to the areas you want to look at go in to the mines department office and sort it out from there, also if the ELs are pending then you dont need the 20a permit, just your miners right and usually a letter/visit/phone call to let the leaseholder of the area know you are there.

I would say that you should wing it for the first visit,and see what areas the mines department can point you to, and then once you have a better idea of the areas, you can set up the details ie coordinates etc for the next time of any further areas that you want to have a look at.

The best thing is when you are legal and have a permit in hand if anybody shows up and tries to tell you to move on then you can tell them that you have a legal right to be there, if they continue to harass you then you try to get a name, rego number ect, and then report them to the department or the isu, its common to find one of these types in just about all the known areas in WA, and some of them think that because they have a lease in the general area then they have the right to police everything else as well.

So it is your best interests to be legal, and also less stressful than looking over your shoulder all the time.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down