Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFA 12" mono elliptical

4 posters

Go down

NFA 12" mono elliptical Empty NFA 12" mono elliptical

Post  goldquest Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi guys, You were right today for the first time I used a 12 "elliptical NFA with my GPX4500 and found 3 subgrammers all in the same hole.
Is fantastic.
Thank you goldstalkerGPX Very Happy
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

NFA 12" mono elliptical Empty Re: NFA 12" mono elliptical

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu May 19, 2011 10:03 pm

goldquest wrote:Hi guys, You were right today for the first time I used a 12 "elliptical NFA with my GPX4500 and found 3 subgrammers all in the same hole.
Is fantastic.
Thank you goldstalkerGPX Very Happy
Cheers

So happy to hear that the info I sent you helped you out on your first bits, well done. cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  the speciman Thu May 19, 2011 10:13 pm

GDAY GOLGQUEST
and if you found three in one hole theres sure to be alot more close by my friend
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri May 20, 2011 6:25 pm

the speciman wrote:GDAY GOLGQUEST
and if you found three in one hole theres sure to be alot more close by my friend
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

Hi speciman, Thanks for the advise, I intend to go back on monday, and I hope you're right. Wink
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Fri May 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Well done mate Very Happy

They are a very good sensitive coil.

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:03 am

Gday

I have just bought one of these nuggetfinder 12x7 eliptical coils but have not used it as yet, and I plan to use it on my 4500 in tight spinifex country where I go in the pilbarra, the problem with working this type of ground is that some spots are so covered with spinifex its hard to get any type of coil in and close to the ground.

So I reasoned that the long slender shape will allow me to shove it under the spinifex and because its fairly long it will have reasonable ground coverage on the sweep, I usually use the 8" and 11" minelab mono's for this but even the 11" can be hard to manouver at times.

The method used by a lot of the locals is to work around the spinifex until you come up with a piece or two, and then start clearing the spinifex to expose the ground, this is the only way in some spots you can find out if the gold is there or not.

I will be heading back up that way in about a week and a half, so hopefully I get the time to try it out.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

NFA 12" mono elliptical Empty Re NFA 12 inch nono elliptical

Post  Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 am

Congratulations on the finds with your new coil goldquest cheers I have the 12 inch round NFA and it is a great coil too,but i can see that 12x7 inch NFA being as already said very useful in tight scrubby environs..We really have a lot of great choices between all the brands now..good hunting.

Cheers
Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm

stayyerAU wrote:

The method used by a lot of the locals is to work around the spinifex until you come up with a piece or two, and then start clearing the spinifex to expose the ground, this is the only way in some spots you can find out if the gold is there or not.

I will be heading back up that way in about a week and a half, so hopefully I get the time to try it out.

cheers

stayyerAU

G'day stayyerAU

This clearing method for spinifex, does it involve fire Laughing anyhow I hope you have a good trip and find some yella and your new coil lives up to your expectations.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 am

Gday Davsgold

I dont like to use fire to clear ground but theres plenty of folks up that way that do, I have seen them in action and have seen them dissapear when it gets out of hand and they leave it to burn itself out.

It can be a bit of a worry when its very hot as all you can smell in the night is smoke and dont know which way it is coming from, I usually just clear the spinifex away with the pick, a little area at a time but its hard work and the prickles like to get stuck in your hands, thought about the whipper snipper but dont know if they would be too happy about that being used but I suppose its less dangerous than fire and gives the snakes time to slither off as well.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:43 am

Gday

Well I gave the little 12x7 a short workout the last time away, I got in probably about 2 hours of detecting with it, as I suspected it is quite easy to use and seems just the thing for the spinifex, being eliptical I found that it was a lot easier to push it in between the clumps than the 11" round I had been using.

On the open ground in between it has reasonable ground coverage as well, I went to a spot where we had found some small bits and pinged a 1.5 gram piece right in the open, and also picked up a couple of lead shotgun pellets which fairly screamed, the signals from these with the 12x7 coil where definately a lot brighter than with the 11" round mono, this coil would be excellent for gleaning on scrapings and hunting specimen nuggets too I think.

Hopefully next time away I will be able to work some new ground with it and see if I can scare up something new.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:02 am

Gday

One word I have for the performance of the 12x7 nuggetfinder, brilliant!, wow what a great little coil, I just used this coil for a couple of days, 22 grams all up, biggest at 17.1 grams, and the smallest one will not register on my scales.

This is a very sensitive coil on the 4500, it took a little getting used to as it does respond well to hot rocks and also variations in the ground that are not normally noticed with the bigger coils including the 11" minelab commander mono.

I got a bit concerned as it appeared that it was becoming touch sensitive, falsing here and there, but soon dicovered that I had to re tighten the plug into the control box, once that was done it was fine.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down