Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whites tdi oz

5 posters

Go down

whites tdi oz Empty whites tdi oz

Post  tirp56 Thu May 12, 2011 7:30 pm

does anybody know of anyone using or finding anything with this machine ,because since its initial release the silence has been deafening.

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

whites tdi oz Empty Re: whites tdi oz

Post  Rtanweb Thu May 12, 2011 8:07 pm

I would call Tony Mills who is distributor in Vic and have a chat. He probably nows these machines and what they find better than anyone here.

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/contacts/

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu May 12, 2011 11:09 pm

G'day Tirp56,Welcome to the Forum.

Look up Whites new TDI by Derek,under the heading "Other Detectors" on this Forum.Might be some info for you there.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Brettsinclair Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:58 am

I bought a tdi off eBay only to find it was the American version, I persisted with it trying several coils in many different areas , I was unable to find much information on the forums about the american tdi been used in oz , as everyone has an oz series version. I picked up a coiltek coil off the net and while waiting for delivery I used the standard coil 12inch duel field , while going over and area full of nails I was able to find a 2 grammar hidden amongst them . It was about 8 -10 inches deep and came in quite clear, apon the arrival of the new coil I was able to get back there for about an hour one afternoon and found another piece about the same as the first and a gold ring all around the same depth . As I am new to detecting I am having a ball with my machine , I would like to know if anyone out there can tell me how I can get more depth from this unit weather it be coils or setup ,as the usual response is get a minelab ..
Regards Brett

Brettsinclair
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorback Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Brett

Is your TDI an American TDI Pro or a strait TDI. If it is an American TDI Pro then it is no different to the Australian model other than the coil.There are a good range of aftermarket coils available for the TDI Pro.

Razorback
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Brettsinclair Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:02 am

Razerback it's the pro version looks the same as the oz version . Just wondering what sort of depth these machine get and is there a setup for increased depth or would a bigger coil help regards brett

Brettsinclair
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorback Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi Brett
The dual field coil on your TDI is not much good on small gold and will have trouble on very hot ground. The Australian model is supplied with a mono coil to help with the problem. Is there a magic setup...... not really. The tdi takes a lot of time to master but the basics are easy. First make sure your tune/frequency control is set to the quietest position you can find. This takes time and you need to adjust the control very, very slowly. Invest a bit of time to get this to the quietest position you can find and the bonus will be that you will be able to hunt with a higher gain setting. Make sure the pulse delay is set on 10 for gold. Adjust the threshold to a steady hum. ( It will always warble a bit but you will get used to that with time). Set the volume to a level that suits you. Set the gain to the 12 o clock position. Ground balance the machine using the coarse control to reach a position just below the quiet point between high and low sounds and then use the fine control to balance at the quiet point. Finally increase the gain until the machine becomes unstable and then back off just a bit. All of these initial settings should be done in the all metals position. If you are in a location where all the gold is small you can now switch to low conductor but be aware that if there is any gold around above 15/20 gm you will need to search in the all position because very pure gold will start to give a high conductor signal above that size and will be missed on the low conductor setting. Your dual field coil is great for beaches and coin hunting in mild ground so do not throw it away. For gold prospecting you will need a mono coil and there is a very wide choice. All monos built for the Minelab pulse induction machines will work on the TDI however the TDI is set to run at maximum performance using a coil with an impedance of 2.5 ohm. The Minelab, coiltek and nuggetfinder coils generally run at 0.5 ohm so are not perfect for the TDI but will still work well. The Razorback "Longreach"coils are designed specifically for the TDI under Australian conditions. If you need any more help with the new machine give me a call on the mobile and I will try to point you in the right direction. My mobile is listed under Australian Dealer on the Razorback website.
Regards
Brian

Razorback
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down