Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whites new TDI

+14
goldslugger
archeoduo27
corydale
krunchi
arthur2
alfiehm
aussiewolf
onebob
Gold Diver
ivanll
Rtanweb
kon61
schintz
llanbric
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

whites new TDI Empty whites new TDI

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:01 pm

Has anybody got any reports on the new TDI

Back to top Go down

whites new TDI Empty Re: whites new TDI

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:18 am

Gday Derek

There is a write up in the latest Gold Gem and Treasure magazine, "Field testing the the new whites tdi pro" by Goldsearch Australia on page 42.

Interesting read but again this is written by the sellers of the machine, I would prefer to get some field test information by an independant tester such as JP.

When a few of these get out in the field we should start to hear a bit more about them, also I have seen one for sale on ebay already and he says he has had it for a few months now?, I thought that they had been a more recent release than that, obviously not.

I was also interested in these machines as a coin and relic machine that could also double as a gold detector if you wanted to use it while prospecting as well, something light weight that you could just quickly grab and have a sniff about rather than get all the other gear on , more easily carried on the postie bike rather than the minelab, and a machine that will also use all the coils that I currently carry for the 4500 is a bonus as well.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

whites new TDI Empty whites new TDI

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks stayyerAU for your reply Regards Derek

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:33 pm

There was an air of expectation about the release of this detector, in that it may be a reasonable alternative to Minelab, have to wait until it's on the ground and working.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:06 am

Gday

It was pointed out to me that there may be questions about my comments about an independent tester such as Jp field testing this Whites unit, as because most of us know is Jp is a recognised field tester for Minelab and was not suggesting that he literally do it as it would be a conflict of interest, I was merely using him as an example of someone who is capable, straight forward, and very helpful with his information.

I stand corrected!

What I in fact meant was a person who is known and experienced with detectors of this type to field test and evaluate its operations and make comparisons between it and the minelabs, and to write a bones and all report on its strengths and weaknesses, so that we the prospective buyers can make an educated and well informed decision as to whether we should buy it or not.

I for one am a bit sceptical about reports on any products that are written by the seller, not because I think they are not telling the truth about the products strengths but think that they may be less likeley to devulge some aspects of any weakness due to it possibly affecting a prospective buyers perceptions of the product and therefore affecting sales.

What we would basically want to know is whether this machine would have a useful place in our detecting arsenal or not, or what the machine would be comparative to, say to what model minelab it would be the most like, or is it capable of operating in conditions that minelabs find tough such as high trash areas, with good results, if the answer was yes there are definate benefits to be had then it would have a place, if the answer was no and it were no better than what you already had then it wouldnt have a place.

Hopefully I have cleared up any doubts about my comments and not merely dug myself in more deeply.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 am

No problems Stayyer.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  schintz Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:20 pm

I have a whites TDI pro oz for a couple months now and have mainly used it in the ballarat area with local geelong club. It has been in areas where there is only small stuff and standard 12inch does not pickup the small stuff.

I just received 6inch from USA that is specifically designed for the whites coils and will be giving it a go soon.

Although I have not found any gold have found it easy to use and it is my first detector. It has picked up plenty of rubbish as I detect all and down to a good depth.

True test will be with the 6inch against the minelabs in the group.

Happy to go out in group if want to see in action as I am always happy to learn.

schintz
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Considering the minelab is good on small gold with the 11" mono coil and similar, the whites needing a 6" coil to achieve the same results is a negative when comparing both detectors.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  schintz Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:22 pm

llanbric

All the guys in the group use 6inch coils on their minelabs also to find the small stuff in the area. When they go to more productive areas use the bigger.

I have found even with the minelabs in the group the operator has a big part in the outcome as its consistently the same people that get the better results. Maybe I should have them test it.

There is definitely no negative yet as I have not been able to make a like comparison yet but this will occur shortly in the field.

schintz
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:57 pm

What you say is right Schintz, some operators have the knack, my experience with the 8" and 11" minelab coils led me to make that statement. The 11" is good on small stuff, better on deeper targets than the 8", and covers more ground than the smaller coils, all things being equal, which of course they rarely are. It's what works for you under the conditions at the time that is important.

Good luck, mine lab could do with some competition.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Boys,I don't think Minelab have anything to fear.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Rtanweb Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Does Tony Mills use TDI for his private detecting nowadays or is he swinging minelab? That would settle the issue IMHO.

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  schintz Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:18 pm

quote rtanweb

Does Tony Mills use TDI for his private detecting nowadays or is he swinging minelab? That would settle the issue IMHO.

As I am new to the site I did not know there was an issue of what is better. Sounds like a argument from kindergarden.

Given Tony's time in the industry I would image that he would have several machines of different brands used based on the conditions at hand.

I do know that he did setup a test area apparently when at another site and has used the whites and it found all targets that they setup about 8 year ago. Dont know the specifics of the targets.

If at half the price or the same as minelab 3000 second hand and is equal to it then I will be happy. I would not expect to be as good as minelab 4800/5000 as they are twice the price and I would expect that you pay for what you get and invisage those devices would be twice as good as the TDI.

schintz
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:18 pm

You're right there Schintz. They arn't better than the GPX series detectors for outright sensitivity and depth,but for the price,they come bloody close.I personally rank the TDI pro to a 2200,but with far better hot ground handling characteristics on mono coils. It also has one of the most accurate,bad target/iron ID discriminators(to about 90% of its full depth range)of any pulse detector on the market (and I'm talking with a mono coil),even though we all know,discriminating whilst chasing gold is a no no. Personally i think,they're superb value for the money,and coupled to a 14x9 Coiltec Goldstalker or NF Advantage are an excellent general purpose metal detector.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Most sensitive Coil I have used on my TDI-Pro is the Coiltek Platypus (12"x8") 11.5"x8.5" DD Pro. it will detect smaller gold than the Coiltek Goldstalker 6" round mono.
In order to detect a 0.1g piece of gold the coil speed is about the same as a good Braille reader.

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  schintz Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Spent two days detecting and swapping between the standard 12” and 6” on the whites.

The 12 is very quiet and easy to balance and the 6 inch is hard to balance and requires the sweeps to be slow and smooth.

No gold and did not pick up any small rubbish with the 6 inch either.

I think I need to find a 5 ouncer to upgrade to a ml 5000. anyone with a good area to detect you can recommend. just pm Laughing

schintz
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

whites new TDI Empty TDI Updates

Post  Gold Diver Sun May 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Just interested to hear any updates on how the TDI Pro is preforming as a gold detector and even more interesting for my personal benefits, how it handles the mineralization of Australia.
From what I have read, it preforms well, and might be a good tool combined with the Minelab, especially when I go over some places I know have gold, but also have a lot of trash.
The only problem I have is there is no dealer in Western Australia, so I can’t put my hands on one for a demo.
Mark

Gold Diver
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  schintz Mon May 30, 2011 4:27 pm

I used one for eight months and can advise it was a waste of time and money imo. I used the standard coil plus a six inch from states. Was going out with club weekly testing it on the gold they were finding. No good for small gold but if your after a coin machine go ahead.

Now saving for a decent minelab.

schintz
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  onebob Mon May 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Disappointing report Shintz - i was looking to upgrading my Whites GMZ (that i bought new in the 'Triangle' 18month ago) to the Whites TDI Pro Oz to improve my chances, hmmmmmm! what to do??

onebob
onebob
onebob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Diver Mon May 30, 2011 11:50 pm

schintz wrote:I used one for eight months and can advise it was a waste of time and money imo. I used the standard coil plus a six inch from states. Was going out with club weekly testing it on the gold they were finding. No good for small gold but if your after a coin machine go ahead.

Thanks Schintz, advice taken onboard.
Coin hunting not my game, although I am your man if you want 303 bullet shells, I can do a good price for 12??

Gold Diver
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  aussiewolf Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:15 pm

schintz wrote:I used one for eight months and can advise it was a waste of time and money imo. I used the standard coil plus a six inch from states. Was going out with club weekly testing it on the gold they were finding. No good for small gold but if your after a coin machine go ahead.

Hello,

I have been out of this game now for a few years. One thing I learnt years ago for gold prospecting - never stick with the coils provided and there is a number of reasons behind this. Anyway I have spent countless hours viewing youtube vidoes on the GPX 4500 which I might add looks like a mean detector.

Personally I think you are using the wrong coils. This is evident with what I have been seeing on youtube. Whether I looked at the Minelab GPX 4500 or read up about someone using a whites TDI Pro one thing was very clear. They were all using the same coil which was giving them success which is the Coiltek 14 inch elliptical.

If you want my advice hop in your car and go for a drive to Dunnoly and speak with Tony at Goldsearch and just ask Tony if you are using the correct settings and if you are using the machine correctly etc. If Tony does not have a range of coils you can test then drive 15 minutes down the road and visit coiltec which is in Maryborough. Ask the guys if you can test a few coils. Worse case spend $50 or so dollars and hire out the coils for a few hours. The gold fields are only a 2 minute drive from the shop. If you don't have a 1 gram nugget to test with then I would suggest you buy a small piece and use this for testing purposes. You can even buy nuggets on ebay these days.

The coil I suggest you first test and will surprise you is the GOLDSTALKER SERIES 350x 230mm Mono (14x9 inch). See and compare the difference with what you have been using and take it from there.

You can also do a search for TDI PRO in OZ in Google and there is a post about this detector in the Aussie Gold Prospecting Forum. You will see it its about the 4th search result.

I Hope this helps and good luck with it.

Joe

aussiewolf

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

whites new TDI Empty whites tdi pro oz series

Post  alfiehm Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:58 am

hi, please take advice from someone who has owned and sold a whites tdi pro Oz series.. What a waste of time owning this machine, It is good on the bigger stuff, the ground balancing works well but does is no where near sensitive enough for the smaller stuff or penetrate deep enough for buried bigger stuff. we are looking for needles in Haystacks in the middle of nowhere, I used my whites, side by side with a mine lab for 5 days and picked up 40% of the gpx 5000 signals.. long story short, you get what you pay for.. Ask the whites distributor, Tony what detector he uses when he goes detecting, It aint a White's..

alfiehm
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur2 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Hey Derek
I would not bother with whites machine, I purchased MXT 300 two years ago and I was told it would find gold, coins and relics, In the two years I have found $291.55 in coins on beaches, 233 bullets and a few buckles and a lot of rubbish in the golden triangle but no gold?
I have recently hired a ML4500 and ML5000 and have picked up 15 bits of yellow stuff over two weekends in the triangle, so I guess this proves Minelab is the only machine you need, my mate uses a SD2200 and finds plenty of yellow stuff, I'm saving my $$$$$ to get a better machine and my son will be using the whites down on the beach where he spend most of his time thats all its good for.

Listen to the guys on the forum, they have a lot of knowledge and experience to share.

Dave
arthur2
arthur2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  krunchi Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:00 pm

I have a TDI Pro Oz and found the stock coil to be pretty average.
Comparing my 12inch stock mono to a 6inch coilteck mono was impressive.
The 6inch got more depth and much much more sensitivity to small targets than the stock 12inch coil.
Next i am going to buy a 14x9 nuggetfinder to see if that will still give me the performance with more ground coverage.
You get what you pay for but the TDI is far cheaper than a new ML.
Cheers

krunchi
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  corydale Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 pm

i had the pleasure of accompanying krunchi on an outing on tuesday. he had his tdi and i had my GMT.
i must say from what i saw the tdi looks like a great machine for the money. i saw some very nice shotgun pellets picked up from a good depth by krunchi's tdi. it seemed very easy to set up and very quiet. my GMT was quite noisy on the same ground where the tdi was quiet as.
i think everyone has been indoctorineated by minelabs over the years, as there has been no competition to speak of in the PI machines. i think now there is. but it is coming down to operators not taking the time to learn the machine- i think the magic coil and setting combo has not been reached yet and every one is being too quick to push the tdi off to the side. after seeing the tdi at work on tuesday i must admit i would be keen to invest in one as it is certainly a good price- sure its not as good as a gpx 5000 but has anyone ever seen in writing a claim saying it is???
corydale
corydale
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  archeoduo27 Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:18 am

Has anyone done a side by side comparison with the TDI Pro and an SD 2100 or 2200? I would be interested to know the outcome.
Surely B.T or someone has done this test. Are you out there B.T?
If it is comparable in depth and sensitivity to either of the 2100 or 2200 it is on the mark for the money.

archeoduo27
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:20 am

Shocked well it is so subjective, is,nt it ? one person finds gold with a make/model, another says it is no good. mlab is only the best cos that,s all there is at the top $ level. is it as good as it could/should be ? i doubt it. metal detectors are like all electronic technology, released at a level for the market, already superseded. if one company released the best big bang do all detector at a reasonable price, it would put all the others out of business. so, why does,nt this happen? mmmmm. Rolling Eyes why are most of their models so similar? mmmmm. i have invented a ground breaking futuristic detector that incorperates special bent wire, with magnets, and a GPS wired into it and it runs on cosmic energy.it also has a brain scanner so you can tune into it. at only $9999.95 it is well priced, and only available from DANOZ DIRECT. THE COSMIC ENERGY ADAPTER IS EXTRA FOR ONLY $4999.99.
this is revoluntionary technology at a great price. GET YOURS....NOW. Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:14 am

WOWW! Ya az invented sumfink wot cn find woteva ya think ov Very Happy Suspect Ang On! Ang On! izn't vat cawld Rangertell Laughing So yez iz tha wun floggin vat Laughing We Know Where yez live pale Smile Smile

Now if ya could find the natural resonant vibrational frequency of gold then all ya would need is a gadget transmitting at that frequency and then all the little nuggets would start jumpin abart in the dirt making them visable to va naked iye and ya could just walk abart picking them up Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  archeoduo27 Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:47 am

Well gold slugger, I'm buying truffle dogs and training them to sniff out big, deep gold. I'll pick up one of those cosmic adaptor thingies to put on the dog! Laughing
You can buy one off these dogs off me if you wish and I'll throw in the Platinum scent finder as well, it just sits inside the dogs left ear! lol!
Being dogs they do obviously have a shelf life but the beauty is that you can breed them and sell them too. Only $15,000 for the first dog or we can do a straight swap. Twisted Evil

In all seriousness I would like to know how the Tdi Pro lines up side by side with the 2100 or 2200.
The Tdi has features that the sd's don't so they are very versatile. A simple depth test on reasonably mineralised ground on small, medium and large gold against the sd's would give people a better indication of it's capabilities.

Cheers
Snowy

archeoduo27
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:14 am

archeoduo27 wrote:Well gold slugger, I'm buying truffle dogs and training them to sniff out big, deep gold. I'll pick up one of those cosmic adaptor thingies to put on the dog! Laughing
You can buy one off these dogs off me if you wish and I'll throw in the Platinum scent finder as well, it just sits inside the dogs left ear! lol!
Being dogs they do obviously have a shelf life but the beauty is that you can breed them and sell them too. Only $15,000 for the first dog or we can do a straight swap. Twisted Evil

In all seriousness I would like to know how the Tdi Pro lines up side by side with the 2100 or 2200.
The Tdi has features that the sd's don't so they are very versatile. A simple depth test on reasonably mineralised ground on small, medium and large gold against the sd's would give people a better indication of it's capabilities.

Cheers
Snowy
Razz hi snowy, nah bin der and un dun it,dun,t work. don,t be so serious, a gold sniffing dog is the go. maaaate truffles are betterer than goldz. straight swap, yer jokin eh? CHINA has offered me $100k for me patent. i gotta thinx about it. trouble iz, i have to move there. my swahili ain,t too good. i,ve sent a PM to TRUMP and GATES, and err, dick smith. still waiting. Mad gotta go, busy. cheers Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next