Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites TM-808

Go down

Whites TM-808 Empty Whites TM-808

Post  Guest Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Tried out a Whites TM-808 today.
      These detectors have been around a while and I believe are still in production.
They are mainly use to locate very large items like cannons and large treasure hoards at depths to 20 feet.
       So I took it to the local river beach to see if anybody had buried a cannon or car  or suchlike.  Shocked 
Well it worked quite well and could actually respond to bottle caps and 20 cent coins near the surface if the coil is held an inch or two above the ground instead of the usual 1.5 foot or so. Not easy to do with this type of detector and when you are 6 foot 3" tall  Very Happy 
       I did locate one large deeply buried item that appeared to be approx 4 foot x 4 foot or so and approx 4 to 5 foot deep  if the depth calculating method was correct. It was then that I realised that this detector is not of much use to me unless I want to dig 4 foot + deep holes which I do not. pale 
      Also one cannot carry a shovel or large pick while using this detector because it signals on them very well. So if you are going to swing this detector then you need a backup digging team and a backhoe or bobcat.. cheers 

Back to top Go down