Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice with 5000 gpx

3 posters

Go down

Advice with 5000 gpx Empty Advice with 5000 gpx

Post  goldfine Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:09 pm

I have recently purchased a 5000 (upgraded from 3500) and as I live in the southwest of WA, I have'nt had a chance to get up to the WA goldfields 1000 + k's and expensive. I have been testing this new machine out at home. I have found that the new 17 inch N/F mono coil is very noisy and unstable, as is the commander 11 inch mono. However the 11inch commander double d is great. I have used some of the settings given on this web site. I am concerned about why the N/F mono and the commander mono are so noisy and unstable. Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong.?
goldfine
goldfine
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Advice with 5000 gpx Empty Re: Advice with 5000 gpx

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi Gold

Sounds to me like you are getting EMI from all the powerlines etc at home, if you want to run
the machine at home use the DD coil and switch to cancel mode to cut the EMI out,
but when you get out bush use your Mono's for sure..

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  goldfine Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks Pete, Yes It may well be the power lines and I am surrounded by metal shed and metal fences. The use of D/D coil in cancel mode seems OK. I thought of just heading out into some surrounding bush areas away from power etc and give it all another go.
I will be getting away to the fields in late April, so just trying to get the hang of the new machine.
goldfine
goldfine
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  whylee Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:57 pm

I can not run my 5000 at home. It just picks up everything and will not settle down.

whylee
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Universal1 Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:08 pm

beepinpete wrote:Hi Gold

Sounds to me like you are getting EMI from all the powerlines etc at home, if you want to run
the machine at home use the DD coil and switch to cancel mode to cut the EMI out,
but when you get out bush use your Mono's for sure..

Pete in WA Cool

I agree with this, I use the 17"NF most of the time, it's a great coil and runs quiet. Best place to test your machine is in the goldfields...although in saying that I can understand how you must be busting to get out there Smile
Universal1
Universal1
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  goldfine Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, I feel a little better about the 5000 now and yes I am busting to get back up there, although might be a little uncomfortable at this time what with the flys, the heat and the humidity.

Cheers Wayne H
goldfine
goldfine
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down