Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch?

+2
Mark
yt2
6 posters

Go down

Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch? Empty Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch?

Post  yt2 Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:16 am

Hi All,

I have just purchased a GPX 4500. I still have my GPX 4000 which my wife will use with the B&Z booster.
Does anyone make an external speaker with a switch?
That way I can use the speaker till wifie gets sick of detecting and then I would flog the B&Z back.

Yt2...

Last edited by yt2 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

yt2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch? Empty Re: Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch?

Post  Mark Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:48 am

Hi, Yt2, I have seen them on ebay, just search "minelab"
Cheers Mark

Last edited by Mark on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Mark
Mark
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch? Empty external speaker switch

Post  evan2010 Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Gday yt2, have a look at my thread "Installing a bypass (on/off) switch into an external speaker" which is the GPX4500 section here. Cheers Evan. Very Happy
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch? Empty external speaker

Post  cranky Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Check out Coiltek Maryborough.

They have speakers with a combined ON/OFF - Volume control fitted to the speaker housing
My wife and I each use one and more than happy with them.

Not too cheap, but a good investment IMHO......Nothing good comes cheap these days does it. lol!

Regards Cranky
cranky
cranky
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch? Empty Re: Does anyone know of an external speaker with a switch?

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Gday

Saw one on ebay this morning, just look under "metal detector" or put in item number 160531287572.

cheers

strayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  mulgadansa Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Gday Guys
Have a look here https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t1928-installing-a-bypass-on-off-switch-onto-an-external-speaker?highlight=speaker+switch
If you have questions about just about anything, try the search function before you ask, there's a truckload of info on the site already that's ready to go Very Happy
I did the switch upgrade to my own speaker and it's a piece of p,,,,,,,,, Anyone can do it I reckon.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Universal1 Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Yt2,

I use an external speaker with a switch that I bought from Ebay, it's a little bulky but works very well. The guy that sells them goes by Ebay ID: marthese1964, had a quick look before but he hasn't got any listed at present, although he generally puts more up fairly quickly. They sell for around $45. The guy who makes the speakers is a member of the Sunbury Metal & Gold detecting club and his name is Tony, you may be able to track him down via the club.

Cheers!

Last edited by Universal1 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Universal1
Universal1
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down