Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainfall and Global Warming

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rainfall and Global Warming Empty Rainfall and Global Warming

Post  adrian ss Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:58 am

I do not know if global warming affects rainfall but so far this year Canberra (Tuggeranong, my Burb) has had 140% over average more rain this year to date. plus it has been a cold year and although it is almost Xmas we are still running our heaters in the mornings.

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4357
Registration date : 2015-07-03

bushbasher90 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rainfall and Global Warming Empty Re: Rainfall and Global Warming

Post  deutran Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:19 pm

Seems like Global cooling this year,never needed so much firewood in one year.Maybe we need to step up greenhouse emissions a bit! Very Happy
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Nightjar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:12 pm

Hell yeah lets fire up the BBQs, wood and gas heaters.
  After we moved from the bush to the "Big City" (Warrnambool) when I was a kid, we used a brown coal briquet heater instead of a wood burner and a gas stove instead of a wood stove and we got electricity for the first time (Hydro Power) great stuff. Remember when the wind was from the wrong direction and all the smoke came back down the chimney into the lounge room. Very Happy
  I am still wearing my lambs wool denim jacket almost daily when I would normally be in a T Shirt n thongs.
We also need a lot more Ozone in the upper atmosphere to stop all the UV and to stop the melanomas from growing. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:28 pm

it's officially been declared an la nina season here in the east :cheers

https://cosmosmagazine.com/earth/climate/la-nina-australia-explainer/

cheers    moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:57 pm

deutran wrote:Seems like Global cooling this year,never needed so much firewood in one year.Maybe we need to step up greenhouse emissions a bit! Very Happy

https://www.csiro.au/en/research/environmental-impacts/climate-change/state-of-the-climate/previous/state-of-the-climate-2018/australias-changing-climate

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:17 pm

To think the new South African covid-19 variant weren't enough to worry about, but for the purpose of metal detecting/prospecting for gold, I'll take cooler weather over that of having my scalp fried any day.
The constant seeing/hearing of devastating effects weather has had on environments around the world via climate change, is another worry all together. Shocked

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:46 pm

My poor old nogging has taken a beating over the years too kon and I have had several dry ice burn off to remove those pesky solar keratosis.
As to this weather; my mower has taken a flogging this season, it can't keep up with the grass/weeds/and cape weed,it's ready for a breakdown I fear affraid

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Basketball

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:32 pm

davsgold wrote:

You have to wonder for how long they can keep finding new "Variants" Kon how many letters in the Greek alphabet are there? they have used up a few now, and seeing the Marburg which they tried to pass of as a covid variant but it was pointed out that it had been around for years and was nothing to do with covid so now they have invented another called Omicron, so now that takes us to the letter "O"
I think it might be time for them to come clean and say how many bad adverse reactions and deaths have been caused by the actual JAB, and anyone that cares to research the governments data will be shocked that this never is seen on the TV news at night.

Where is the  evidence that they tried to pass off Marburg as a covid variant?Considering that over 30 million vaccine shots have been administered in Aus the number of severe reactions and deaths have been very small.
You can check  for reported   vaccination adverse reactions on the TGA web  site.If you think the figures quoted are fudged or understated then lets see your evidence!
What we also forget is that over 1000 people have died from the  delta covid outbreak and if it was not for high vaccination rates and other measures that Gov's have implemented then the death toll would be in the 10 tens of thousands. The evidence is clear: that vaccination reduces transmission and dramatically lowers the changes of serious disease, hospitalization and death from covid. You can see that in Vic despite over 1000 new cases of covid daily the number of people in hospital   with covid is declining as it has in NSW. The benefits of vaccination far far outweigh the risks!!
https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-04-11-2021

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:37 pm

Dave, will you please let it go. The times are what they are. We do not make the laws to be adhered to, our government does.  Now anyone wishing to go against the law has every right to do so, but don't then complain when copping a fine, or being ejected from or not allowed into a private business/premises because the owners of that place have laid down their own strict rules/regulations concerning covid-19 upon entry.
Only a matter of time before there will be nowhere for anyone to hide, especially for the high risk unvaccinated. Anywhere they end up traveling to, they'll be doing it at their own risk, as well as the possibility of infecting another unvaccinated person, that might just end up fighting for their life upon contracting covid-19.
It were said by the worlds medical profession, that although the vaccines preventing serious illness to covid-19, are not free from side effects or even that of the odd rare life threatening situation, but the risk of serious vaccine complications or death, are way far fewer than the risk of not being vaccinated & contracting covid-19, with the possibility of acquiring some form of long term damage to ones organs/health, after having lived through covid-19.
Members take note. I have deleted certain posts that have nothing to do with the main topic write up.
Now lets try to keep things civil & on track gents.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

planetcare likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 am

davsgold wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:To think the new South African covid-19 variant weren't enough to worry about, but for the purpose of metal detecting/prospecting for gold, I'll take cooler weather over that of having my scalp fried any day.
The constant seeing/hearing of devastating effects weather has had on environments around the world via climate change, is another worry all together. Shocked

Kon T25

You have to wonder for how long they can keep finding new "Variants" Kon how many letters in the Greek alphabet are there? they have used up a few now, and seeing the Marburg which they tried to pass of as a covid variant but it was pointed out that it had been around for years and was nothing to do with covid so now they have invented another called Omicron, so now that takes us to the letter "O"

No wonder people are getting restless with this endless bullsh!t and the TV adds now show the PM recommending people line up for there Booster shots

I think it might be time for them to come clean and say how many bad adverse reactions and deaths have been caused by the actual JAB, and anyone that cares to research the governments data will be shocked that this never is seen on the TV news at night.

The PM announced a few days ago how Australia is/was opening up to international travel, well don't buy a ticket just yet.  I think it would be a good idea to break down the state borders within Australia first and stop the constant fear mongering within.

I could go on, but those that see will still see, and those that don't probably never will.

Greek Alphabet:
alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda, mu, nu1, xi, omicron, pi1, rho, sigma, tau, upsilon, phi, chi1, psi1, omega.

Got a little way ta go yet and then they start combining them. Laughing

All virus have unending variants.
The Media as usual are fear mongering and beating/hyping up this other covid variant as being a super deadly and insanely fast spreader when in fact they have not a clue yet as to effects of this strain. Lets not wait to find out .....Shut our International borders between Africa and whereever African residence travel to immediately or preferably, sooner.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:51 am

adrian ss wrote:
davsgold wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:To think the new South African covid-19 variant weren't enough to worry about, but for the purpose of metal detecting/prospecting for gold, I'll take cooler weather over that of having my scalp fried any day.

Kon T25

No wonder people are getting restless with this endless bullsh!t and the TV adds now show the PM recommending people line up for there Booster shots

The PM announced a few days ago how Australia is/was opening up to international travel, well don't buy a ticket just yet.  I think it would be a good idea to break down the state borders within Australia first and stop the constant fear mongering within.

I could go on, but those that see will still see, and those that don't probably never will.

Greek Alphabet:
alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda, mu, nu1, xi, omicron, pi1, rho, sigma, tau, upsilon, phi, chi1, psi1, omega.

Got a little way ta go yet and then they start combining them. Laughing

All virus have unending variants.
The  Media as usual are fear mongering and beating/hyping  up this other covid variant as being a super deadly and insanely fast spreader when in fact they have not a clue yet as to effects of this strain. Lets not wait to find out .....Shut our International borders between Africa and whereever African residence  travel to immediately or preferably, sooner.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:37 pm

planetcare wrote:
davsgold wrote:

Where is the  evidence that they tried to pass off Marburg as a covid variant?Considering that over 30 million vaccine shots have been administered in Aus the number of severe reactions and deaths have been very small.
You can check  for reported   vaccination adverse reactions on the TGA web  site.If you think the figures quoted are fudged or understated then lets see your evidence!
What we also forget is that over 1000 people have died from the  delta covid outbreak and if it was not for high vaccination rates and other measures that Gov's have implemented then the death toll would be in the 10 tens of thousands. The evidence is clear: that vaccination reduces transmission and dramatically lowers the changes of serious disease, hospitalization and death from covid. You can see that in Vic despite over 1000 new cases of covid daily the number of people in hospital   with covid is declining as it has in NSW. The benefits of vaccination far far outweigh the risks!!
https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-04-11-2021

Key Statistics

920 deaths due to COVID-19 that occurred by 31 July 2021 have been registered and received by the ABS. The ABS expects to receive further registrations for this period from the jurisdictional Registries of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
The 920 deaths include 16 that were suspected as being due to COVID-19 with the virus not confirmed in a laboratory.
Most COVID-19 deaths had acute respiratory symptoms such as viral pneumonia or acute respiratory distress syndrome listed as a consequence of the virus.
73.4% of people who died from COVID-19 had pre-existing chronic conditions certified on the death certificate.
Dementia was the most common pre-existing chronic condition for those who died from COVID-19.

Quite a bit of info here.
https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/covid-19-mortality-1
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Rainfall and Global Warming Empty Boris Johnson confirms first Omicron cases in the UK

Post  planetcare Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Boris Johnson confirms first Omicron cases in the UK

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:51 pm

adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:
davsgold wrote:

Key Statistics

920 deaths due to COVID-19 that occurred by 31 July 2021 have been registered and received by the ABS. The ABS expects to receive further registrations for this period from the jurisdictional Registries of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
   The 920 deaths include 16 that were suspected as being due to COVID-19 with the virus not confirmed in a laboratory.
   Most COVID-19 deaths had acute respiratory symptoms such as viral pneumonia or acute respiratory distress syndrome listed as a consequence of the virus.
   73.4% of people who died from COVID-19 had pre-existing chronic conditions certified on the death certificate.
   Dementia was the most common pre-existing chronic condition for those who died from COVID-19.

Quite a bit of info here.
https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/covid-19-mortality-1

While we want to avoid  deaths it  is just as important to keep people out of hospital  with  serious covid illness. This is where vaccines are doing their job because despite high case number in Vic the number of patients in hospital and  particularly in ICU is declining.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:09 pm

As far as I'm concerned, if its a covid variant of concern by the worlds sciences/medical profession, it is of concern to all.
Now as to its higher or lower transmissibility rate, or efficacy against vaccines, we'll all know in a couple of weeks time.
As for our government, quite obvious, they're playing it better safe than sorry. They're not taking any chances by closing down incoming or outgoing travel to & from South Africa, till we find out more of what this new covid-19 variant is capable of & or what other steps might be needed to take, in order to keep the mass populations safe & rightly so.
People have to stop looking at Australia's low covid-19 death rates, for if it were not for governments taking the actions that they had, the number of dead due to covid-19, would have been tenfold as stats have shown in many a country around the world.
No one on here likes to see lockdown after lockdown, for it has shown to be detrimental to business, to society in general, as well as ones health, but until the world can find better, faster ways of protecting the masses against this ever mutating viral outbreak of disease, people must stay vigilant & not fall into complacency.

Kon. T25

Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

planetcare likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:41 am

Well I will be continuing to wear a mask while out and about in the shops or wherever people are gathering even though I think that the masks available in the shops are all but useless; It is something that can be done easily by everyone. and seeing as our illustrious leader is choosing to allow covid carrying people into this country from the new strain regions. Hopping from Africa to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Dubai then to Australia through the back doors.
    There was a time when I thought Morrison had some brains but now he sounds like he wants these new strains to enter Australia    Suspect ..... Looks like we are heading for a Christmas lock down. Sad
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:08 am

As long as the weather for next Sunday at the Bathurst 1000 is good I don't care about global warming or cooling or the magnetic poles flipping or the next Ice age.

Rainfall and Global Warming Bathur10

THIS IS ON TOPIC planetcare

Last edited by davsgold on Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:33 am

adrian ss wrote:Well I will be continuing to wear a mask while out and about in the shops or wherever people are gathering even though I think that the masks available in the shops are all but useless; It is something that can be done easily by everyone. and seeing as our illustrious leader is choosing to allow covid carrying people into this country from the new strain regions. Hopping from Africa to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Dubai then to Australia through the back doors.
    There was a time when I thought Morrison had some brains but now he sounds like he wants these new strains to enter Australia    Suspect ..... Looks like we are heading for a Christmas lock down. Sad

We cannot stop this new strain entering Australia. The delta strain has also shown us that lockdowns are much less effective in reducing case numbers. The best defense is high vaccination rates and the usual measures of hand hygiene , contact tracing and masks wearing where appropriate. Fortunately in many cases as a virus becomes more infectious it becomes less lethal. Some medical people are saying that omnicrom appears to no more lethal than delta and may even be less lethal.Lets hope so.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:33 am

We're getting a little off topic here Adrian, but the current cheap 3 ply over the counter surgical face masks (the majority of what most people wear today) have the capability of allowing a full size rat to enter through each side of the mask, not alone prevent infectious air born particles from entering within ones system & offer less than 30% protection to a person standing close or next to a person infected with covid.
It is the surgical face masks N95 & above, which offer more than twice the protection to airborne particles of infection, than the face masks mentioned above.
Now with this new omicron strain (considered far more infectious than delta) would make the cheaper 3 ply surgical face masks pretty much useless, when entering any populated premises within a confined space.
Forget about our prime minister or government Adrian, for when it comes down to the acquisition of the Almighty $dollar, all that stands for logic/common sense, stands no more.

Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:47 am

'If it's mild, you actually want it to spread': Coatsworth calls for calm over Omicron transmission
https://www.9news.com.au/national/omicron-variant-why-widespread-community-transmission-should-not-be-feared/bd7db219-b262-4db6-bdfb-cad72a6001ba

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:41 pm

Dave, while we spend time pointing out/disputing quotes, arguing over what this virus scientifically is, could be, might be, or how it came about, the fact remains that people are dying from it.
Its all a little to late now & It matters not how this virus came about, but more so in finding ways to navigate through this pandemic in a safe & appropriate manner. All other arguments as to who's more in the right or wrong or who's more to blame, are meaningless.
Arguments remain endless, until the problems causing them are solved.

Kon T25

Last edited by Kon61gold on Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:45 pm

davsgold wrote:tell that to the stupid premiers in the ununited states of Australia, all thay want is continual emergency powers extended

Omicron is an Anagram of Moronic and also another anagram is Oncomir "An oncomir (also oncomiR) is a microRNA (miRNA) that is associated with cancer. MicroRNAs are short RNA molecules about 22 nucleotides in length. Essentially, miRNAs specifically target certain messenger RNAs (mRNAs) to prevent them from coding for a specific protein."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oncomir

Planned or coincidental anagrams for a new variant???????????????????????????????????

Dave what point or points are you making here?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:17 pm

Here we go again. I feel like I'm stuck in an ever ending sitcom (not like the Bold & the Beautiful, but more so the Bold & the Ugly) Q35
Scotty, Scotty, beam me out of here before I turn Draconian Shocked What a Face

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:19 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Dave, while we spend time pointing out/disputing quotes, arguing over what this virus scientifically is, could be, might be, or how it came about, the fact remains that people are dying from it.
Its all a little to late now & It matters not how this virus came about, but more so in finding ways to navigate through this pandemic in a safe & appropriate manner. All other arguments as to who's more in the right or wrong or who's more to blame, are meaningless.
Arguments remain endless, until the problems causing them are solved.

Kon T25

Coatsworth calls for calm over Omicron transmission
Their are a couple of precautionary points that must be made in regard to Coatsworths comments.
Firstly the clinical outcomes in terms of disease severity are based on a very small number of patients. We need to see the clinical outcomes of many more patients including those with pre existing co morbidities and older people before we can definitely conclude that Omicron is a milder form of the disease than delta. Secondly if Omicron is much more infectious then this means that the virus can infect people more easily and faster ie the viral replication rate is faster than delta. The more a virus like Omicron replicates then the greater the chance of it acquiring new random mutations to a variant that could be more lethal, more infections and capable of evading vaccine immune surveillance!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Will you gents give it a rest & lets all get back to the main topic. V02 V04 V12 Q35

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:07 pm

adrian ss wrote:I do not know if global warming affects rainfall but so far this year Canberra (Tuggeranong, my Burb) has had 140% over average more rain this year to date. plus it has been a cold year and although it is almost Xmas we are still running our heaters in the mornings.

April to October rainfall across southeastern and southwestern Australia has declined.
Rainfall has increased across parts of northern Australia since the 1970s.
This is in line with what climate models predict as a result of global warming
Australia’s climate has warmed by just over 1 °C since 1910, leading to an increase in the frequency of extreme heat events.
Most of this warming has occurred since 1950 and about 0.6dec rise since 1980!
https://www.csiro.au/en/research/environmental-impacts/climate-change/state-of-the-climate/previous/state-of-the-climate-2018/australias-changing-climate

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:14 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Will you gents give it a rest & lets all get back to the main topic. V02 V04 V12 Q35

Kon T25

Fair enough  but i what I have said in my last post on omicron is true as are the comments of Coatsworth. If Dave thinks i am posting "stupid pointless nonsense" then please let him back  it up  with some sound science to rebut what i have posted. I am happy to be proven wrong on the basis of credible evidence rather than innuendo.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:22 pm

Any post that is out of character or has little or no relevance to what's been said, shall be deleted.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:01 pm

Holy Moly V32 V07

cheers moredeep