Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic. Renewable Energy

+12
hugh62
granite2
alchemist
keogh
Kon61gold
moredeep
Gavin.67
Alan WA
geof_junk
pablop
Reg Wilson
adrian ss
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy Empty Off Topic. Renewable Energy

Post  adrian ss Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:53 am

What is Renewable energy?
How is a wind powered electricity generator renewable energy? The wind blows the generator produces electricity and we use it and it is gone; we can not re use it we have to produce more and hope that the wind continues to blow.

How is solar power renewable energy.
The sun shines on the solar panels, they produce electricity , we us it and it is gone. In order to get more the sun must shine on the panels. The energy produced can not be reused. If you feed it into a battery for later use then that energy must be replaced if we wish to use more of it.

A tesla battery is charged up with electricity from another generator that is wind solar, coal powered generator or hydro powered generator and the battery power is used when required. Once used it cannot be reused, more power has to be generated from some other supply in order to recharge the battery.

You can not get something for nothing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy Empty Re: Off Topic. Renewable Energy

Post  Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:21 am

Best described as "Alternate" energy, but hey that is not a "cool" word, when the word "renewable" makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:29 am

Alternate energy would be acceptable.
Pollution free energy is not true.
In order to produce wind generators that are capable of producing sufficient energy for our needs requires large scale mining for rare earth elements that are used in the manufacture of the super magnets required in the generators, not to mention the copper and aluminium and steel carbon fibre plastic etc.
Solar panels are not created by pollution free techniques.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy Empty renewable energy.

Post  Reg Wilson Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:25 pm

Are you trying to make a point Adrian, or just having a 'redneck' stir? (as usual)
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:11 am

I think both Reg.
Just trying to add a spark to the forum to see if I can get a fire going.
The insane panic that is being promoted about Global Warming that is being stuffed down the throats of our children at schools and demonstrations is mind numbingly sinister. You only have to see the looks of terror and panic on the young kids that attend these demonstrations to realise that they have absolutely not the slightest clue as to the true nature of global warming and that they are being fed BS by teachers, politicians, Greens and other scaremongering extremists.

Yes global warming is taking place but it has almost nothing to do with the activities of man. It is a normal cyclical event and the current cycle will continue for approx another 4000 years and then a cooling cycle will begin again just as it has done millennia.

The ice caps and glaciers  have been melting and sea levels rising for thousands of years in this current warming cycle and have zero to do with man made pollution levels...Yes Australian rivers ar drying up and there is sfa we can do about that other than sink bores into the great Artesian basin and to create dams that are not connected to any of our river systems and these dams should be covered so as to minimise evaporation. Also ditch all activities that requires massive irrigation like Cotton and rice farming. We do not need rice and we can get cotton from other countries. But the biggest threat to our river systems is over population which is happening here already. This country cannot continually supply water for more than twenty million people.

These points are not necessarily my personal beliefs or views but are just differing points of view that can be debated.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:37 am

I have to agree with you Adrian.  
I had a "discussion" with an environmentalist on Friday, where I started off by saying to them, "I am a climate change skeptic, but I have had solar HWS for 30 years, solar power for 15 years, have collected rainwater from the house roof for 20 years, have a garden and grow what food I can, all of this in a capital city, now what have you personally done?".  Answer, basically dumbfounded and nothing except sprout retoric, usually that has come from people in the same "club", who are often just feathering their own nest based on the rubbish that they sprout.

Last edited by pablop on Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:56 am

I have no idea about your qualifications Adrian, maybe you are a scientist, although I doubt it, but I prefer to put my faith in the likes of Sir David Attenborough and respected scientists over opinionated lay persons.
I recall the huge demonstrations against the Vietnam war in the days of my youth, and how the young people and others were howled down by the pro war lobby. As time proved those demonstrators to be right against the 'know alls', so time will prove the likes of yourself to be false prophets preaching a dangerous and ignorant doctrine.
The young people that you refer to are already better educated and have greater understanding and intellect than the 'redneck' hoards that put them down.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:19 pm

The only cure will be when it becomes cheaper to do the right thing than not to do it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Look at the price of wood, it too expensive to burn making reverse cycle heating more desirable just have to get a cheap power source that is less destructive to the atmosphere and climate. I think science will be the Savior not marches and brainwashing.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Oh well, if we all just let the world roll on and did not express any opinions about anything not much would improve.
I simply put those points forward hoping to get some constructive retaliation.
As for a red neck: I have not been sunburnt for quite a while now.. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:35 pm

adrian ss wrote:I think both Reg.
Just trying to add a spark to the forum to see if I can get a fire going.
The insane panic that is being promoted about Global Warming that is being stuffed down the throats of our children at schools and demonstrations is mind numbingly sinister. You only have to see the looks of terror and panic on the young kids that attend these demonstrations to realise that they have absolutely not the slightest clue as to the true nature of global warming and that they are being fed BS by teachers, politicians, Greens and other scaremongering extremists.

Yes global warming is taking place but it has almost nothing to do with the activities of man. It is a normal cyclical event and the current cycle will continue for approx another 4000 years and then a cooling cycle will begin again just as it has done millennia.

The ice caps and glaciers  have been melting and sea levels rising for thousands of years in this current warming cycle and have zero to do with man made pollution levels...Yes Australian rivers ar drying up and there is sfa we can do about that other than sink bores into the great Artesian basin and to create dams that are not connected to any of our river systems and these dams should be covered so as to minimise evaporation. Also ditch all activities that requires massive irrigation like Cotton and rice farming. We do not need rice and we can get cotton from other countries. But the biggest threat to our river systems is over population which is happening here already. This country cannot continually supply water for more than twenty million people.

These points are not necessarily my personal beliefs or views but are just differing points of view that can be debated.

Sounds good to me.

Put all the trees back on cleared land, get rid of livestock then global
warming can get back to its natural pace.
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy Empty Renewable Energy

Post  Gavin.67 Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:11 pm

The only renewable energy that I know of is WOOD. Trees can be renewed. Try and tell a Greenie.

Reg
In 218 BCE, Hannibal crossed the Alps with Elephants. It was reported on French news late last year, that the path
is impassable due to the ice and snow. Must be a lot cooler now.
To go back to pre-industrial times, there was approx 1 billion people on earth, now have 7.5 billion people, all breathing
out CO2. The earth was also coming out of a mini ice age caused by the sun going into a quiet period, causing the temperature to drop by approx 2 degrees and covered Greenland in Ice. We know this because Galileo counted the sun spots.
According to Astronomers, the sun increased it's output by approx 2% last century (they know this because the moon got brighter) and by 30% since formed. It will continue to increase output until we are all fried. Long time yet.

As the SA scientist says CO2 is not a greenhouse gas.

Do you know that rotting vegetation puts out over 40 billion tons, approx 2 to 3 times what humans put out. So never mow the lawn again.
The oceans put out over 60 billion tons of green house gas.

No greenhouse gas means Singapore would have a day time temperature of -18 Degrees.

Gavin.67
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:39 pm

I sometimes get bamboozled with all the facts and figures,is it BS or not?
I recently spoke to a retired engineer who helped design and build the yallourn power station.
He stated to me that with all the filtering systems in place that this coal fired power plant produces less pollution in a year than vehicle emissions do in a day in Melbourne???? what the hell!
If this is even remotely true ,lets say weekly or even monthly emissions from vehicles equals one years total pollution from yallourn ,if true why don't we know about it?
He said what you see coming from the cooling towers is basically steam/condensation,not coal smoke.

Does any one know anyone [scientists ,engineers] who can confirm this statement.
If it is true then there should be a massive push for electric cars BIG TIME AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Any bright sparks out there in the forum world that could do some research and come up with some stats, would be appreciated for my troubled brain Shocked Sad
Happy for anyone to shoot this down.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:57 pm

I take it that you are a scientist Gavin? Easy to cherry pick the 'facts' that back your predetermined opinion. I am not a scientist, but I take note of those that have the qualifications and experience in this field, not the likes of Malcolm Roberts and his ilk.
Self opinionated nut bags like A*** J**** know how to appeal to the uneducated and shallow thinkers of this world, of which there appears to be no shortage of supply. (and they are the ones doing all the breeding). God help us. (seems he is busy elsewhere)
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy Empty Renewable Energy.

Post  Gavin.67 Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:39 pm

It is quite common for people to belittle other people that have a different view.
Reg, get some CDF and look at all the facts before making a decision. Or just be like all the other
sheep and follow regardless.
You do not have to be a scientist to know the truth.
I suppose you believe in the Ozone hole. Never was and never will be. Ask a greenie how is Ozone made.
Last comment.

Gavin.67
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:49 pm

Fellas, each to their own & could we please keep it civil & in perspective here. Life is just to short to be getting up each others throats & for what?
Keep in mind this is first & foremost a gold detecting/prospecting forum. Shocked

Cheers Management.
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Kon, seeing there is little in the way of gold being discussed here, and how climate change is effecting everyone on this planet, the easy option is to just ignore it, let the ignorant and poorly educated dominate with a 'no problem', full speed ahead attitude, and perpetuate the 'head in the sand' doctrine, but hey, it's your forum, so shut it down if it bothers you.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:38 pm

Global warming is an agenda being driven by the likes of George Soros and the Rockefeller family. lt is being used as a way to control the world and bring in a lot of money. The United Nations, the real culprits behind the closing of the Victorian bush, are NWO criminals. The covert, climate geoengineering being done to our planet, is destructive to all life.

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:52 pm

keogh, love those conspiracy theories. Now don't tell me!!! The moon landing was faked. JFK was killed by the CIA, and the holocaust never happened. Yeah, right.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Reg, its not the discussion of climate change that I refer to. This is an off topic discussion in regards to renewable energy & now turned into who is most correct towards climate change? Like I'v said in the past, I will allow open discussion with freedom of speech, but without the name calling finger pointing/innuendo thrown in.
Its bad enough hearing that politicians gave themselves a second pay rise of 11.8% whilst the Aussie battler is struggling to make ends meet, not alone what more the the people of Australia can do towards climate change.
We are but the pawns on a chess board manipulated & moved about as the wealthy & governing authorities see fit. Nothing more nothing less.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Kon, Adrian kicked this off with a click bait, all knowing poo stir as he is in the habit of doing, and then sits back to see how many of his denier buddies will weigh in. So I took the bait, and expressed a different opinion. If this gets me banned it won't be the first time.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:35 pm

Hello Reg, you need to stop getting all your information off the newspapers TV and radio, they are controlled brain washing information. Yes Kennedy was killed by the CIA. l am not sure about the landing on the moon. The  holocaust did happen. Most of our politicians are corrupt. The worlds elite are indeed playing us as pawns. They have their hands all over this global warming fiasco and the masses are falling for it, hook line and sinker. Watch this less than 2 minute video

Last edited by keogh on Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:39 pm

jeez,I go away for 30 minutes and it goes to the crapper ,time for a bex and a lie down fella's. Laughing

cheers  moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:52 pm

moredeep, your friend was correct. The emissions from the cooling towers are steam, H2O vapor, and no threat to anything, however the coal that is burnt produces CO2 and screening and filtering that your friend refers to reduces particulates, but cannot capture CO2. He may have been correct if the pollution to which he was referring was particulate, as this is quite different from purely gaseous emissions.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:58 pm

Great video keogh, and thanks for your thoughts on JFK. Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat to bed.

Last edited by Reg Wilson on Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Reg I'v never been a trigger happy cowboy, nor take delight in the banning of any member on here who expresses their individual opinion. Heaven forbid, we all have our moments, as we all have our days.  All I'v ever asked for, is to treat one another with respect, as each & all of us wish to be treated. As prospectors of a common cause, we're supposed to be united, for divided, how can this, or any forum for that matter stand?  Every member on here has the right to express their opinions freely, as long as they go about it in a respectful manner between one another. This is not to much to ask for.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Thanks for that reg it  makes sense co2 VS particle emissions, plus I prefer curlers and a hair net myself, foil gives me nightmares,
Cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy Empty Renewable Energy

Post  Gavin.67 Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:26 pm

One last entry.
A known scientific fact is water vapor (Steam) is a far worse greenhouse gas than CO2.

Gavin.67
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:52 pm

dam there goes my hot cuppa coffee Mad

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Gavin, I thought you said last comment. Change your mind?
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:04 am

Reg Wilson wrote:Kon, Adrian kicked this off with a click bait, all knowing poo stir as he is in the habit of doing, and then sits back to see how many of his denier buddies will weigh in. So I took the bait, and expressed a different opinion. If this gets me banned it won't be the first time.

Hi Reg.
I respect your opinions and I doubt that you will get banned.
Yes I did start this as an off topic because it is a current world wide topic of discussion at the moment plus the forum has been a bit quiet lately and by the replies it would seem that we as prospectors and bush lovers have strong opinions about the way our environment is being handled but what really fired me up was the way our kids are being brainwashed and being driven scared sh...tless about the true nature of global warming.
True I have been sitting back the past few days..coz I was in hospital getting my ticker fixed. I am home now. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next