Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic. Renewable Energy

+12
hugh62
granite2
alchemist
keogh
Kon61gold
moredeep
Gavin.67
Alan WA
geof_junk
pablop
Reg Wilson
adrian ss
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy - Page 2 Empty Re: Off Topic. Renewable Energy

Post  alchemist Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:29 am

It's really good to see that many folks here have seriously looked into the nuts & bolts of climate alarmism and see it for what it really is, a propaganda mill.
Natural climate cycles have been hijacked and misrepresented, conflicting studies have been suppressed, data has been butchered, and persons aligned to certain political agenda have been shuffled into influential positions, it's a global game of chess, and we are the pawns.
The UN, the driver of all this has admitted that it's not about climate, it's about economics and global politics.
A quote from a UN climate policy official
{"One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with the environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole," said Edenhofer, who co-chaired the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working group on Mitigation of Climate Change from 2008 to 2015.

So what is the goal of environmental policy?

"We redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy," said Edenhofer.}
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/another-climate-alarmist-admits-real-motive-behind-warming-scare/

and another official reinforced the real policies.
https://www.whaleoil.net.nz/2015/02/the-real-reason-behind-the-uns-continued-scare-campaign-over-global-warming/

The raw data for Australia shows something very different to what the BOM would have you believe, they pull a sneaky slight of hand.
https://realclimatescience.com/2019/09/australia-shows-no-warming-since-1876/
https://realclimatescience.com/2019/09/hiding-australias-hot-past/
https://realclimatescience.com/2019/09/january-1878-unprecedented-heat-in-australia-and-the-us/
https://realclimatescience.com/2018/01/australia-ten-degrees-cooler-than-1896/
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:43 pm

alchemist, all you have done is quote from established denier sites to back up your preconceived ideas. Anyone can find arguments to back up all sorts of nonsense on the internet. I have even seen sites that proclaim the earth to be flat, so I guess as your name suggests, that you believe lead can be turned into gold, then you will believe anything.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:alchemist, all you have done is quote from established denier sites to back up your preconceived ideas. Anyone can find arguments to back up all sorts of nonsense on the internet. I have even seen sites that proclaim the earth to be flat, so I guess as your name suggests, that you believe lead can be turned into gold, then you will believe anything.

"Preconceived" never, I was a believer Reg, I had faith.
You are the one who has preconceived ideas because you dismiss anything you perceive to be from a "denier" site.
Either the BOM is playing tricks, or it isn't, it doesn't matter who says it, if it is actually true.

This is another good one from the BOM their excuse for ignoring pre 1910 temperatures was shown to be complete rubbish from Tony "debug GOD" Heller
https://realclimatescience.com/2017/04/bom-hiding-the-heat-before-1910/

As for relying on people like Attenborough to gauge rhetoric, his call for Trump to be shot leaves his judgement completely in question.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:13 pm

adrian ss wrote:
     True I have been sitting back the past few days..coz I was in hospital getting my ticker fixed. I am home now. Very Happy

Look after yourself Adrian and get well soon!
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Thanks alchemist that was some great research in your posts.The United Nations is one world government. They have some frightening agendas being implemented world wide. The climate change hoax is one. The wild-lands projects and agenda 21- 2030 are a few. The Australian government Liberal and Labor have signed and agreed to the Paris agreement and agenda 2030 for sustainable development. People need to wake up to these dictators, the UN. The Australian people, have never been asked if they want to be ruled by the UN. https://www.europereloaded.com/500-climate-scientists-write-to-un-there-is-no-climate-emergency/

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:23 pm

I have a thirty year old daughter who is a highly qualified and much sought after engineer. Her and her peers do not agree with this bunch of aging white ultra conservative men, and neither do I. Your condescending redneck views belong in the past and should be left there.
The 'baby boomers' were going to change the world, but soon were bought off and betrayed their ideals. 'Thirty pieces of silver'. You won't have to worry about the degraded world you leave to the next generation because you will all be pushing up daisies. Self opinionated no bodies that belittle the younger generations, and treat them as manipulated infants. Well, the fact is that they are a lot smarter than the closed minded smug geriatrics that 'cherry pick' the information that suits their agenda. The sooner you stop thieving oxygen the better off this world will be.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy - Page 2 Empty Renewable Energy

Post  Gavin.67 Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:30 pm

People, I think we should let Reg go; as we are depriving a village of an idiot.

Gavin.67
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:39 pm

What's up Gavin? Your village suffering from over crowding?
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:49 pm

l recommend a nice cup of warm coco drink before you go to bed Reg. You and your daughter should be more worried about all the chemtrails being sprayed into the skies world wide Reg. Time for you to look up, instead of at the ground for a change. That is exactly what they are Reg, a manipulated younger generation, as planned. You are a manipulated member of the older generation. The humans have out sheeped the sheep. Get a hair test for heavy metal contamination. Then ask your self, why you have so many heavy metals inside your body..

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:13 pm

Chemtrails?????? What is in the water in Geelong????
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:36 pm

Fluoride Reg Wink

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:55 am

It can be tempting to lick a nugget and get a good geeze at it when you don't have any water with you, but too much of that can lead to old geezer "hatter" mentality.

Hang onto some gold and don't be fooled by the current low interest rates that are being used as a ploy to get as many as possible into deep debt. Our Reserve Bank manager is encouraging us and the Government to borrow big and spend big while the going is good. The plan is to soon crash the economy big time....much much worse than 2008....Governments laden with debt will be pressured to sell off their remaining state assets which will be hovered up by the Mega Banking Cabal, the ones manipulating the markets and finance to cause the crash in the first place.
They would really like to get control of water, and power supply utilities and data network infrastructures.
Water is the new oil, he who controls water and power has the means to pressure and control the masses, and even mass medicate if the government turns rogue.

Things to watch out for are the increasing long term negative interest rates (inverted yield curve) and the Repo rate liquidity.

Adrian this is a good one.
https://youtu.be/8455KEDitpU
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:23 am

Thank you Alchemist, that is an excellent presentation. I hope that it is not cherrypicking its data. Now that doesn't mean that we should ignore basic environment management practices.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 am

G/Day alchemist.
Some interesting info in that clip that I feel substantiates my claim that the "Precession Of The Equinox"is the major cause of climate change. The earth is well into the current warming cycle that has approx 4000 years to go before the next cooling cycle begins. During this ending of the warming cycle the sea levels will continue to rise but more slowly than several thousand years ago. One complete cooling and warming cycle takes approx 26,000 years.

So yes the climate will change (Warm) for a few more thousand years and the sea levels will continue to rise due to melting sea ice and alpine glaciers etc and there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop that from happening. On the other hand, now is the time to be regulating population growth, storing fresh water, re establishing our forests and to stop destroying animal habitats. The Amazon jungle should be left to re-establish itself.

I think that the next Ice age will be a a greater threat to us..but that is about 18,000 years away. I wonder what the human population on this planet will be by then.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:41 am

I agree Guys, it saddens me how everything is focused on CO2 and the really big problems are being pushed into the background.
For instance plastic waste needs more emphasis because of the endocrine disruptors it releases upon disintegration. These disruptors are one of the biggest threats to coral reefs, and they originate from many sources not just plastics, even components of sunscreens washing off in the water can accumulate around and affect offshore communities. All sewerage should be scrubbed of these chemicals before pumping out to sea. The irony is that climate change from CO2 is being blamed when the main problem is an entirely different one, one that is manageable and reversible if resources were focused on it.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:07 am

The fastest growing religion in the world is the religion of global warming and the Messiah is a 16 year old school dropout girl who knows nothing of science.

In recent days I saw the leaders of this religion dance and scream in an Ecstasy of frustration because the world wasn't doing what they wanted.

I saw their messiah get very angry because the world wasn't doing her bidding. Next thing she will be telling us she will visit Armageddon upon us. Maybe not a she wouldn't know what that meant

They will not discuss global warming with others because they way is the only way, the right way and if you dare to offer a different approach they scream heratic, denier a slayer of the younger generation.

Even some warmer scientists refuse to debate the problem. They say no one else deserves to be allowed into the discussion despite good science is based on open discussion and research. They want to just sit back and sagely nod their wise heads and agree with each other instead of listening to some debate.

The Warmer religion demands we decarbonise by 2030, just over ten years away. They have no idea what will happen if that is tried. Our economy would be destroyed and we would go back to the dark ages.

They want us to all drive electric cars but tell us the electricity is going to come from renewables. A totally impossible plan.

The new religion is a great danger to us. It tells us we aren't doing anything to stop global warming but refuses to do anything about themselves. They still do everything everyone else is doing.

In fact Australia is already reducing our emissions far more than most and well within what has been called for by the past several accords. But of course that is wasted on the warmers, they want blood, not theirs but ours. They point the finger and tell us what to do but refuse to do anything constructive themselves.

We are going to see a lot more of this as the whole deranged mob gathers in more disciples with their closed minds and fury in their hearts because they, the chosen ones, are not being listened to.

One of the problems these people have is they listen to the scientists who told us we were going into an ice age in 1970, that world was going to run out of oil in the1980's. Then we had them all agreeing that the millenium bug was real and the world economy was going to collaps and planes were going to fall from the sky. That little bug cost the world 7 trillion dollars to "fix". So why don't I blindly follow the science? Forgive me if I break out and laugh in their faces.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:47 am

adrian ss wrote:What is Renewable energy?
How is a wind powered electricity generator renewable energy? The wind blows the generator produces electricity and we use it and it is gone; we can not re use it we have to produce more and hope that the wind continues to blow.

How is solar power renewable energy.
The sun shines on the solar panels, they produce electricity , we us it and it is gone. In order to get more the sun must shine on the panels. The energy produced can not be reused. If you feed it into a battery for later use then that energy must be replaced if we wish to use more of it.

A tesla battery is charged up with electricity from another generator that is wind solar, coal powered generator or hydro powered generator and the battery power is used when required. Once used it cannot be reused, more power has to be generated from some other supply in order to recharge the battery.

You can not get something for nothing

G'day there Adrian ,firstly i'd like to send my condolences to you on the loss of '' MUM '' ,but also good to see you bounce back from your op ,( the joys of getting older ..  Rolling Eyes and you'll be around a bit longer to stir the pot a bit on here .. Razz
        But to address the Topic subject directly , and I agree totally with davsgold , and other opinions , but I also consider the term ( alternative energy ) to be far more correct . Whilst I consider myself a environmentalist ,and live off the grid ,there is very little of my Solar system that can be recycled ,nor is the sunlight that powers my panels renewable or recyclable by any stretch of the imagination
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:51 pm

EDIT

Last edited by AraratGold on Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Here is a graph depicting the Ice & sea levels during the past 20+ thousand years.
Off Topic. Renewable Energy - Page 2 1280px10

You can see how closely the changing ice/sea levels very closely match the warming of the planet during the current warming cycle due to the precession of the equinox. The rate of melting is tapering off as the rate of warming begins to decrease.

There are many things that can contribute to global warming and cooling and changing sea levels...Such as geological disruptions due to earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, encounters with large comets and asteroids, changes to the angle of the spin axis of the earth (possibly due to a close  encounter with one of the planets in our solar system).
There is mention in the old testament of the sea rushing away from the coastline and of large chasms opening up in the ocean floor, of mountains dancing like sheep prancing in a paddock, which is some very serious earth movement that if occurring near an ocean,  would definitely shift some coastlines..

In any case we cannot stop this kind of thing from occurring again but we do have enough knowledge to prepare for it as best we can. Do you reckon we will? I doubt it. Wild animals may adapt as they always have done but we are not all that flash at adapting to anything without destroying something else in the process.

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:35 pm

My head hurts Crying or Very sad Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy - Page 2 Empty Global Warming Natural Cycle

Post  planetcare Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:20 pm

adrian ss wrote:G/Day alchemist.
Some interesting info in that clip that I feel substantiates my claim that the "Precession Of The Equinox"is the major cause of climate change. The earth is well into the current warming cycle that has approx 4000 years to go before the next cooling cycle begins. During this ending of the warming cycle the sea levels will continue to rise but more slowly than several thousand years ago. One complete cooling and warming cycle takes approx 26,000 years.

So yes the climate will change (Warm) for a few more thousand years and the sea levels will continue to rise due to melting sea ice and alpine glaciers etc and there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop that from happening. On the other hand, now is the time to be regulating population growth, storing fresh water, re establishing our forests and to stop destroying animal habitats. The Amazon jungle should be left to re-establish itself.

I think that the next Ice age will be a a greater threat to us..but that is about 18,000 years away. I wonder what the human population on this planet will be by then.  

What you say is incorrect!
Global Warming Natural Cycle
The idea that Global Warming is a natural cycle is well understood from paleo data covering the past 1 million years. Is there a difference between current climate, and the natural cycle? For the past million years the natural climate has oscillated between warm periods and ice ages. This shifting in and out of warm periods and ice ages is correlated strongly with Milankovitch cycles. In order to understand the difference between natural cycle and human-caused/influenced global warming, one needs to consider changes in radiative forcing and how this affects systems on Earth such as the atmosphere, vegetation, ice and snow, ocean chemistry and ocean heat content overturn cycles and related effects. The current radiative forcing levels are clearly outside of the natural cycle range.
Is global warming a natural cycle? Or is global warming affected by human influence? What does the science say? Both are true. In the natural cycle, the world can warm, and cool, without any human interference. For the past million years this has occurred over and over again at approximately 100,000 year intervals. About 80-90,000 years of ice age with about 10-20,000 years of warm period, give or take some thousands of years.
The difference is that in the natural cycle CO2 lags behind the warming because it is mainly due to the Milankovitch cycles. Now CO2 is leading the warming. Current warming is clearly not natural cycle.
Where are we currently in the natural cycle (Milankovitch cycle)?  The warmest point of the last cycle was around 10,000 years ago, at the peak of the Holocene. Since then, there has been an overall cooling trend, consistent with a continuation of the natural cycle, and this cooling would continue for thousands of years into the future if all else remained the same But since 1750 however, the CO2 content of the atmosphere has deviated from the natural cycle. Instead of decreasing, it has increased because of the fossil-fuel burning. Methane and nitrous oxide have also increased unnaturally because of agricultural practices and other factors. The world has also warmed unnaturally.  We are now deviating from the natural cycle.
The natural cycle is understood by examining the paleo records. The fact that the earth goes in and out of ice ages distinctly outlines the natural cycles of Earth's climate. This occurs about every 100,000 years. We are currently in a warm period. Generally, Earth spends about 80-90,000 years in an ice age and around 10-20,000 years (or so) in a warm period.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy - Page 2 Empty Australias CO2 emmissions continue to rise

Post  planetcare Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 pm

granite2 wrote:
In fact Australia is already reducing our emissions far more than most and well within what has been called for by the past several accords.
Why then  based on the Gov's own figures are Australia's C02 continuing to rise as they have done for the last 5 years?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:41 pm

Regs daughter?
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Renewable Energy - Page 2 Empty Why BOM is NOT pulling a sneaky slight of hand.

Post  planetcare Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:50 pm

[quote="alchemist"]
"The raw data for Australia shows something very different to what the BOM would have you believe, they pull a sneaky slight of hand."

Prior to 1910 the Glaisher Stand  was used to measure temperatures and they are on on average, 1C warmer than in the Stevenson Screen. And this was at a well-maintained station – if a Glaisher Stand is not used properly, direct sunshine can fall on the thermometers, dramatically increasing the warm bias and this was probably what happened at some Australian stations stations, given that we know equipment was not always well maintained
That’s why the Bureau’s official temperature records start in 1910 – before that date their are good  scientific grounds for believing that the data are poor and biased (and would be difficult to adjust for the many problems). But earlier data is still available on the Bureau’s website. For instance, data for Bourke, NSW, are available all the way back to 1871.
High temperatures have not been “wiped” from the Bureau of Meteorology’s temperature record. Temperature measurements taken before the official climate record starts in 1910 are excluded because they are of dubious quality. The pre-1910 measurements are biased by poor instrumentation, but remain available through the Bureau for analysis.
 BOM is NOT pulling  a sneaky slight of hand!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:07 am

How long is the Milankovitch cycle?
The angle of the Earth's axial tilt with respect to the orbital plane (the obliquity of the ecliptic) varies between 22.1° and 24.5°, over a cycle of about 41,000 years. The current tilt is 23.44°, roughly halfway between its extreme values.

In astronomy, axial precession is a gravity-induced, slow, and continuous change in the orientation of an astronomical body's rotational axis. In particular, it can refer to the gradual shift in the orientation of Earth's axis of rotation in a cycle of approximately 25,772 years.
    Am not sure where Milankovitch gets his 41,000 years.

https://skepticalscience.com/Milankovitch.html

Last edited by adrian ss on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:22 am

The earth has been struck by some very big Meteorites in the past, they wiped out the dinosaurs, anything we do or don't do I doubt would stop another one at some future time, if the earth can recover from that albeit took a fair while, I am sure the earth can recover from anything we humans do to it or don't do to it.

Of course humans may not be around to see the results, but you can bet something will be.

25,000 year cycles, or 41,000 year cycles, do you really think that anyone that is likely to be living then will even remotely understand what we we were talking about in reference to "Renewable" or "Alternate" energy?

If you "theoretically" asked an Australian Aboriginal 250 years ago (just before Cook landed) what Australia would be like 250 years on, I doubt that they would describe what we now see.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:32 pm

The BOM are as corrupt as the United Nations. This video shows the BOM falsifying data to suit the narrative of the global warming / climate change scam.

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:43 pm

More of the same data manipulation

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:20 pm

The left/green loonies can't win at the ballot box so they have infiltrated
government departments and that way they are getting what they want
and the tax payers are paying them. The ABC gived them free publicity.
But I think the silent majority is starting to wake up...
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:45 pm

[quote="keogh"]More of the same data manipulation

BOM's homogeniztion of temp data has been subjected to rigorous scrutiny by an independent scientific  committee and found to be  appropriate and to conform to the highest scientific standards.Their data is consistent with other global temp data With respect you need to read up and inform yourself as to why temperature data is homogenized.
Here is  a start for you Google this:  Homogenization of Temperature Data An Assessment by Kevin Cowtan

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next