Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annie L Could you do a NF 12" Comparison with a 10" X Coil... Please

3 posters

Go down

Annie L Could you do a NF 12" Comparison with a 10" X Coil... Please Empty Annie L Could you do a NF 12" Comparison with a 10" X Coil... Please

Post  PeterInSa Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi Annie have just looked at your 14' ML and 12" NF comparison and I have my own opinion on which coil came out the best.

Have yet to try out my new NF 12", probably my next coil in the distant future will be a 10" X- coil, based on comments on this and other forums.

But would appreciate you doing the test above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5h5c6tObTQ

Thanks.

Peter

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Annie L Could you do a NF 12" Comparison with a 10" X Coil... Please Empty Re: Annie L Could you do a NF 12" Comparison with a 10" X Coil... Please

Post  AnnieL Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:06 am

Hi Peter,
I would like to but I don’t know anyone in the area that has an X Coil on their GPZ. If I get a chance I will.  Sometime ago I enquired with Dave about X coil but the availability of a patch lead was difficult at the time and I got cold feet about cutting leads etc.  The videos I’ve seen show they are up to the task.

Last edited by AnnieL on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PeterInSa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Annie L Could you do a NF 12" Comparison with a 10" X Coil... Please Empty Re: Annie L Could you do a NF 12" Comparison with a 10" X Coil... Please

Post  PeterInSa Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:55 am

Thanks Annie, None of my friends own a X Coil either, especially the 10 inch version, thinking that it could be good in Tib and the Vic GT, happy with my std Z coil in WA and hopefully the lighter NF.

As an Ex Computer/Telecom Tech, I don't have a problem in making up the patch lead, but would probably buy a made up lead because it would be a neater job

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:53 pm

There is a guy in OZ making patch leads for people, I could give you his number if you wanted to talk to him about getting one made, just private message me if you want it.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2021-01-20

AnnieL and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down