Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k

+5
Inhere
Wantmoregold
slimpickens
thegoldman24
alchemist
9 posters

Go down

air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k Empty air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k

Post  vasilis Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Had a great couple of days out bush testing the new GPZ 7000 and I have to say that overall I was impressed.
Will need more time to really get some results.
Managed to find 4 small pieces on our previously worked ground. In fact 1 nugget weighing .3 was not giving a sound on the GPX 5000 (17x11 coil) or my 4500 with the sadie coil when touching it out of the ground
Nugget weighing 1.2 grams was missed by many other detectors at 4 to 5 inches.
will get photos up soon.
Ohh and by the way slims sponge gold missed by our detectors was very clear with the GPZ.....
cheers Bill

air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k Comparison%20test_zpsiw9rv0lq
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k Empty Re: air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:11 am

Very Interesting. T10

9ct Q20

Back to top Go down

air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k Empty Re: air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:31 am

Mate I find that interesting about the 2½ ouncer, not a hell of a lot of difference between General and Deep Shocked Shocked Shocked
On those figures you`d only use deep if you were going for pieces maybe 4 ounces or bigger
thanks for that Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:06 am

Thanks Bill for sharing.
The murmurings seem to suggest that the 7000 may lose less between air and ground tests than conventional PIs. Perhaps due to (better?) different ground handling of the ZVT.

I took the liberty of graphing some of the more pertinent points. Extra Deep was not included as you'd need the bigger coil for this data to be valid.

air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k 16569590578_8337c123cc_b

There's not much in it. Your data Bill fares well with Minelabs' test of the 7000 against the 5000 with 15x12 mono. Reproduced for comparison.
The 7000 in General is around 27% better than 5k and 4k5 using Fine and Enhance, on both graphs (5k Enhance over 4k5 Enhance is marginal).

Cheers.

air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k 16540435922_f0800f912d_b

Last edited by alchemist on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : second thoughts)
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:19 am

I think the fact that your graphs shows better performance from the 4500 compared to the 5000...says more about the veracity of your graphs findings than the actual detectors respective guesstimation performances....
I much prefer to listen to, and take notice of, experienced Cal, and his unemotional presentation of his personal findings with his 7000, than looking at your coloured bars...
I bet the 'SOS' has gone out to Penang or wherever, to work overtime to "rush" out some additional coils for the 7000...and also to consider halving the touted cost of the coils to get them into operators hands....while the jury continues to consider a verdict....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:28 am

larry303 wrote:I think the fact that your graphs shows better performance from the 4500 compared to the 5000...says more about the veracity of your graphs findings than the actual detectors respective guesstimation performances....

Note that the 5k is in Fine and the 4k5 is in Enhance things need to be viewed from a relative perspective.
This in no way detracts from Cal's findings, it is merely more data to contemplate.

I think I know where the 40% has originated from. I think Minelab have made the 40% claim from a totally engineering perspective and not from an operators.
It appears they compared the GPZ with the GPX using an 11 inch mono entirely on the grounds of recieve coil surface area and not apparent coil volume size.

In other words it appears that the GPZ coil can be compared to a DD in that it must be compared with a mono of 22% lesser diameter (Engineering viewpoint).
A.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

Hi Bill, sorry I couldn't make it on this test trip, (had to fill a 12 metre skip,) maybe next time. It's great hearing Dave's, yours and Kon's results, without worrying about the source of the info. The nugget that was plucked out of Kon's old patch was truly amazing, cause as you know, we thought we had reamed it. Same for the others from the 2 gullies. Again we had thought we had cleaned them out. 5 of us with every coil and machine available couldn't get another beep out of them! I was hoping to hear that you found a lumper at depth, but it wasn't to be. I'll be ordering one mid April, after the sale of my left kidney comes through. If it's no good, .......well, there's always Ebay. Thanks.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:55 am

Hey Harry filling the skip is like moving some of those boulders so my back aches like yours amigo.
It was great to give it another hit but disappointed that no ouncer came out of it's hole again. The other guy we know worked the **** out of it but he missed the small one. I suspect he had a big coil which as I have stated must have punched through it.
David did complain that it got heavy after 2 hrs but the bungy made it workable. I am sure that the flats will give you longer periods. Gullies and rocks are bloody hard work.
LOL - one GPZ = kidney + eye and yr 4500. I want a GPZ too but no point sitting in that cupboard whilst working for the man.....
ciao and please invite me when you guys head for the hills again.....
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:01 am

Sorry to hear you have had to sell body parts slim to buy the 7000. Shocked

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:19 am

No worries Bill.

Goldman, air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k Being-confused-smiley-emoticon What else can we do? Razz
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Wantmoregold Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:31 am

When I have seen anyone post air tests in the past on forums they usually cop a roasting that air tests are a waste of time.

Wantmoregold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Nah, slim believes them! Very Happy

Here's what I believe, with a little dirt between the gold and the coil 1100mm in this case.

http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t5339-confirmed-12oz-1-1mt-with-a-gpz7000
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:22 pm

quote="Wantmoregold"]When I have seen anyone post air tests in the past on forums they usually cop a roasting that air tests are a waste of time. [/quote]

I spent a lot of time air testing my Infinium and posting results on several forums.
All I achieved was to cause some people to think their detector was faulty when it was not. My infinium is a one off in that it air tests better than most others.
I have one particular metal detector that can air test an Aussie Penny at 32 inches but my Infinium will only go about 18 inches. Does that make my Finny a dud? No way! It will find that coin at better than 20 inches in wet salt beach sand while the other machine will only go around 9 inches in the same sand..

Air testing between detectors of the same type and model may at times be usefull in determining if they are all set up the same from manufacture but that is not necessarily an indication of the detectors in ground performance.

On the other hand a person should expect some kind of uniformity between same model and type detectors, especially when said tacta costs 10,7000 smackaroos.

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks for putting the results on this colored graph alchamest.
I have to say I was never impressed with the GPX 5000 so I stayed with the 4500 until now that I have seen the GPZ 7000.
I think it has been refined and will give the prospector a better chance in varying ground conditions.
Still the most important aspect is ground time and experience.(my opinion)
Phoenix - the 2 and half ouncer was a specie so this may have distorted the results a little. Next time we will do a few solid slugs in the testing.
I am also not a true believer of air test but I'm sure it all helps. All information is valuable information, then it's up to each person to hunt down their dream nugget.
cheers Bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:37 pm

G'day fellow prospectors.

What Bill fails to mention here,is that the ground the GPZ 7000 was tested over,is some of the hottest ground one can encounter within the Golden Triangle.
We tried different search modes/timings some involving better gain giving us slightly better depth over targets,only to find out that both GPXs became unstable/noisier when put back down over this type of ground,forcing us to resort back in to Factory Pre-Set.
Personally from the little testing/prospecting time we had,with the GPZ 7000, gave us all clear cut evidence,that it surpassed the GPX 4500/5000 both in sensitivity,stability & quietness over sections of heavily mineralized ground,on all gold targets/specimens,including the three pence,than what the 4500/5000 could do with a similar size mono coil.
I also want to state that people should not expect the same in-ground/air tests to be obtained as what Vasilis has stated above,when working in other gold bearing areas,that have quieter ground/soil types.
The tests were deliberately performed in/over highly mineralized ground,here in Vic,somewhere within the Golden Triangle,fully knowing that if the GPZ 7000 could handle this type of ground and surrounding EMI comfortably (which it has proven to do so) you can bet your sweet boots,it will handle just about any form of mineralized ground,anywhere in Aus if not the world. Of course in average or quieter mineralized ground conditions,the greater results one should achieve,with this new form of technology called the GPZ 7000.

Cheers all, Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks fellas for testing and posting your results, all the info that is gathered and correlated the better off we are all going to be.

Air test, in ground test and every other test that people do are NOT a waste of time, the people doing them are doing them for a reason, mostly to satisfy themselves, and post their results for others to read, others don't have to agree or even believe in the tests that were done, so that's where those folks need to do their own tests or whatever it is that will satisfy them.

It would be a very dull world if everyone thought exactly the same thing all the time. Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Peteren Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:57 pm

From the 15000 onwards all the ML machines have proven to be a step above the predecessors.
I'm waiting with nail biting enthusiasm for my GPZ to arrive and two weeks in Vic to give it a go.
Peteren
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

air test comparison GPZ - GPX 5k- GPX 45 k Empty 7000 Tests

Post  Basada Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Good to see the results from these test that bear out what I said that the 7000 is a weapon in the right hands. I haven't been able to get out and do some tests myself. We had 1/1/2" of rain Friday night but got out to have a swing today. Biggest piece was 2 grams with some littler ones thrown in. All this gold from flogged ground that the other detectors couldn't see. I believe there is no better test than actual out in the field nugget hunting. To all the testers a job well done as I know how hard and time consuming this can be. Hope your results give you more confidence in your 7000. Kon I wholly agree with you post.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks Basada. I never doubted the GPZ 7000 would not be better than anything else before it.The question in the back of everyone's mind was,by how much.Well as always,this how much depends on several a variable,the most important being ground conditions,for the GPZ 7000 has closed many an open window that previous Minelab PIs suffered from. Difficult to detect gold,such that of sponge gold,slither gold,or a concentration of fine pin dot gold, etc,running through Ironstone/quartz matrix for example,I believe are no longer safe of concealment,if they fall within the GPZs reach.
For me,or anyone else here with several years detecting experience behind their belt,finding gold in many a different location,isn't rocket science to figure out what the GPZ 7000 is capable of or what it can do,as compared to the GPX series of detectors. Even with the little time we had in testing it,and even though it is currently limited in coil selection,I can honestly say,it has no competition out there.
As all things in life,it is not for everyone,especially if its going to spend more time in the closet than being put to work on a gold field.
One thing for certain though,is that anyone who is prepared to put in the research & most importantly the ground time,swinging the new GPZ 7000,no matter which gold field they decide to use it over,I simply cannot see how anyone could fail to pick up,some form or type of gold with it.

Cheers guys. Kon. T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down