Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running normal

2 posters

Go down

Running normal  Empty Running normal

Post  joe82 Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:25 am

Hi all long time between posts, heading out this weekend and was wondering how well normal works with ground smoothing on will it settle it down on hot ground or should ground smoothing be better left off when running normal 🤔cheers in advance, joe

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Running normal  Empty Re: Running normal

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:10 pm

Any form of filter smoothing should be left off wherever the ground permits one to do so Joe. All or any filters on a detector a designed for the purpose of giving one a more stable threshold or audio response, but at the cost of losing some sensitivity over positive in ground targets, in way of depth. Ground smoothing when in normal helps a little, but does little in way of stopping ground noise when in High Yield/Normal or General/Normal when prospecting over ground that is variably changing or high in ground mineralization.
I don't know about QLD ground, but here in Vic, gold bearing ground found to be benign or very low in ground mineralization, is found very far & few in between.
Basically, use Normal Mode with ground filtering wherever the ground allows one to do so Joe. I don't know of any other way in doing so, without a dramatic loss in sensitivity/depth in order to get ones coil more stable. Maybe someone else on here can shine more light on this matter.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

geof_junk, Rockwall and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Running normal  Empty Re: Running normal

Post  joe82 Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:21 pm

Cheers mate was guessing that but thought I would put it out there to be sure been a while since I’ve been behind the coil 🙄

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down