Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart....

4 posters

Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart....

Post  Aussie Jason Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 am

Just received a 16 inch nf mono. Unboxed it to find the seams are coming apart. Where's the quality control I wonder.
It has tape around the outside of coil, however nothing on the internal spokes. Dust and dirt can easily enter. Is this normal for an expensive coil? Or did I get a lemon? It would be nice to speak to someone from NF coils but they don't list a phone number.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty Re: Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart....

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 am

Hi Aussie Jason

I have heard Rowan is very good with replacing buggered coils.

Rowan Johnson
0409 706 981

Last edited by Jen58 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty RE seams coming apart. (NORMAL)

Post  Aussie Jason Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:42 am

Okay, just spoke to Rowan Johnson from Nugget Finder coils. (03 5441 7980)
Seams coming apart from internal spokes on coil. Very normal, the bottom plate is a scratch plate (cover) It is designed to be removed to aid in cleaning. In dusty conditions the skid plate should be removed every couple of days, cleaned and put back. To do this the tape around the outside should be removed. After cleaning put back skid plate and re-tape with good quality tape. Hope this helps.
PS. Mr. Johnson was very helpful and professional.

Last edited by Aussie Jason on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty Re: Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart....

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Most coils have a skid plate Aussie Jason, is this the part that you were referring to as coming apart?
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty Brand New Nugget Finder 16" coming apart.

Post  sandy2010 Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:31 pm

Aussie Jason wrote:Okay, just spoke to Rowan Johnson from Nugget Finder coils. (03 5441 7980)
Seams coming apart from internal spokes on coil. Very normal, the bottom plate is a scratch plate (cover) It is designed to be removed to aid in cleaning. In dusty conditions the skid plate should be removed every couple of days, cleaned and put back. To do this the tape around the outside should be removed. After cleaning put back skid plate and re-tape with good quality tape. Hope this helps.
PS. Mr. Johnson was very helpful and professional. Thank you. Jason.

******It's amazing in this day and age that a simple explanatory note could not be included with the coil (if only for the sake of "new chums")........

Last edited by sandy2010 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error.)

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Aussie Jason wrote:Just received a 16 inch nf mono. Unboxed it

There you go Sandy2010. As he said UNBOXED it.

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty re unboxed

Post  Aussie Jason Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Believe it or not, but the coil arrived at my post office in a box.
3,449 posts, and I guess most of them are like this. Real encouraging, I must say.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Aussie Jason wrote:Believe it or not, but the coil arrived at my post office in a box.
3,449 posts, and I guess most of them are like this. Real encouraging, I must say.

I am not sure what is is your getting at here Jason, is it the coil, the way it was packaged, or is it the postal service, and I have no idea what 3,499 post are that your referring to.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 pm

davsgold wrote:

I am not sure what is is your getting at here Jason, is it the coil, the way it was packaged, or is it the postal service, and I have no idea what 3,499 post are that your referring to.

cheers dave

....and I thought it was just me that it didn't make sense to, but after a couple of hours of it swirling around in my head, I'm just as confused now as I was when I first read it.  V19 
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Q33 T04 T13 ............... kinda funny really,  Laughing .... in a I am glad it wasn't me sense Wink , its easy to see how you might think you got a lemon if your not aware of skid plates, all part of the wonderful learning curve of metal detecting, sounds like a good round the campfire story Jason... Q35 

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty Rookie mistake

Post  Aussie Jason Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:04 am

Let this be an example of a rookie mistake.
obviously I thought the seams were coming apart, I didn't realize that coils have protector plates that are designed to be removed for cleaning purposes. As mentioned in my second post.
however posts like Mike54, (managment) are un called for.
No-one likes a smart ass.
Please don't reply. I think enough has been said about this topic.
Enjoy throwing it around the camp fire LOL

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:46 am

Aussie Jason, don't take it to heart and get too upset pal, it's a bit of humour. One day, when you're sitting around the campfire, after a very long day of swinging your detector and sitting there counting all those nuggets that you dug up and are now rattling in your finds jar, and are laying back enjoying a glass of port to soothe out your ailing legs, you'll think back at this and a smile will creep across your face.
We probably have all done exactly what you did when we first started detecting, but for some of us it was that long ago that we've forgotten that we did it... So ease off a little and enjoy the fun, albeit at your expense this time.

Another thing to watch out for for a newbie, and take careful note of this one - be very careful swatting those flies (or moths) whilst detecting whilst carrying that pick in your hand and not holster. It hurts, it hurts a lot.  V13 
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty re costa

Post  Aussie Jason Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:36 am

Thanks Costa for the nice words. Nothing taken to heart here. I'm always smiling Surprised 
But remember, when you think of skid plates, think of Aussie Jason. LOL

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:21 am

Hmmmmm me thinks a bit of miss understanding has happened.. scratch 

Sandy2010 had written down did it come in a box??

Mike54 only wrote to say it was in a box and that you had opened it..

Sandy2010 edit his words, then it made no sense..

Ahhhh putting pen to paper on the net doesn't always come out right  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:49 am

Aussie Jason wrote:Let this be an example of a rookie mistake.
obviously I thought the seams were coming apart, I didn't realize that coils have protector plates that are designed to be removed for cleaning purposes. As mentioned in my second post.
however posts like Mike54, (managment) are un called for.
No-one likes a smart ass.
Please don't reply. I think enough has been said about this topic.
Enjoy throwing it around the camp fire LOL

Seems like I have to make an apology for making a comment in your defence Jason.
Sorry for any misunderstanding that I have caused.

Regards

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Aussie Jason wrote:Thanks Costa for the nice words. Nothing taken to heart here. I'm always smiling Surprised 
But remember, when you think of skid plates, think of Aussie Jason. LOL

It's pretty bad if you're out detecting in the middle of no where and you have issues with your coils. As a precaution I always carry some of the coil tape and skid plates Aussie Jasons with me for all my coils.  Q22 Q30 
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty re Jen & Mike

Post  Aussie Jason Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks for clearing that up Jen. I am truly sorry for jumping down your throat Mike. I will crawl back under my rock now.  afro 

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Brand New Nugget Finder 16 inch seams coming apart.... Empty Brand New Nugget Finder 16inch seams coming apart

Post  sandy2010 Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hmmmmm me thinks a bit of miss understanding has happened.. scratch 

Sandy2010 had written down did it come in a box??

Mike54 only wrote to say it was in a box and that you had opened it..

Sandy2010 edit his words, then it made no sense..

Ahhhh putting pen to paper on the net doesn't always come out right  Rolling Eyes 

********My excuse is I'm left handed !

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:01 pm

G'day Aussie Jason,

No hard feelings there and alls good.

Back to top Go down