Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil

+6
Kon61gold
geof_junk
norvic
moredeep
Axtyr
AraratGold
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 Empty Re: Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil

Post  Axtyr Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:12 pm

Nice going fellas. That would be fun finding that many pieces in such a small area.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

kiwijw and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 Empty Re: Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil

Post  moredeep Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:25 pm

fantastic going Q36 awesome coil as well.
The little nuggs are a bit baffling some are smooth and the others spikey/reefy gold? and all from the same area roughly.
I suppose it's just the time factor for each tiddler of how long they've been out of the reef ??
hopefully there a couple more kicking around.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

kiwijw and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mn90403 Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:42 pm

JW and Simon,

Thanks for the invite here. It's quite a read about your adventures. I've missed them over on Steve's forum. It's also good to see a couple of other familiar posters that I respect. I'm sure you will be adding a lot of content to this forum and members like me.

As you know I'm a bit out of the gold nugget business for a while with a young 4 month old son. My 3 year old will be headed to some type of preschool soon so he may need a driver but I'm eagerly looking forward to him getting to an age where we can take a day trip now and then.

This fall I hope my wife and the two kids go to China for 5-6 weeks and that would be my real opening for nuggets. Between now and then I might get a day trip in here or there with my 15x10 Xcoil. I say good things about them whenever I can as I really like mine. I just need to find some new/old patches with a nugget or two left. I'll report when I do.

Now I'm getting in a couple of beach hunts a week and still post them up on Steve's but my heart is looking at your nugget finds until I can get more of my own again. Keep up the good posts and I hope to see a few of Norvic's and Dave's CC nuggies on here as well.

Mitchel

mn90403
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2021-04-04

geof_junk, kiwijw, norvic, moredeep, phrunt and EL NINO like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:40 pm

Aye, Mn certainly is good to follow JW and Phrunt again also is tops to see you posting on here. I`ve a bad case of Cabin Fever but is drying out and cooling down, I can hear the GoG calling and she`s no Photo Shop beauty, all in my mind and leading me on. I can feel a nugget coming on............. Wink

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

geof_junk, kiwijw, moredeep, phrunt, EL NINO and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Simon I'm glad that you contribute to this Forum. It is one that is kept under control but lets people to have a reasonable opinion with out it becoming a war.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

norvic, moredeep, phrunt, EL NINO and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:08 pm

Hi Mitchel, Good to see you down under & thanks for the kind words. Maybe you could entice a few of the other members of DP forum to come for a look down under. They too will recognise a few that are on here & will also be free to discus X coils openly without the big hand coming down on them. After all isn't a gold forum also about sharing adventures & finds with like minded people, no matter what make or model of equipment is used in the way of detector & coils?
Adventures & finds seems to be rarity on DP forum & surely there is only so much that can be discussed about the GPX 6000 before it gets old. Especially since it isn't out yet & all that is being said is just speculation & hype.

JW Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

moredeep and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mn90403 Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:56 pm

cheers

I'm just looking around the forum a bit. There are lots of good topics. I should have come here before I went to Australia! I would have seen a few more resources. It is really unusual to also see a list of members. They made those unavailable on forums over here a few years back. I like it. I'll reference things like that on the DP and Bill Southern NS forum in the future. Many there need some real eye candy. They also need a bit of a Kiwi Fix! bounce

mn90403
New Poster
New Poster

kiwijw and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:38 am

Good to see you here Mitchel, this forum seems well run.  

Peoples opinions are just that, opinions, nobody is forced to listen to them, nobody is forced to follow them and most certainly nobody should be removed for having them as long as they're polite towards others who disagree, they're what keep forums healthy and alive, that and people, however the two go together.  

You take away people because their opinions differ to yours then what have you left? A bunch of clones all in agreement on matters including areas they have no idea about as they've never used the product being discussed.  You'll be left with a complete lack of interesting discussion as there is nothing left to talk about.

I try to always keep my opinions objective, they're based on what I see as fact, what I am experiencing on products I'm using, I'd prefer not to sit there speculating about products I haven't used, talking or realistically waffling about future detectors for months on end before they're even released instead waiting to see what they're really like, and using them myself before throwing around my opinions.  So many peoples opinions are purely speculative and have no fact behind them at all, a complete preconceived prejudiced bias against a product is all too common, just like a favorable bias for another product, having never even used a product they're so highly opinionated about it and love their voice to be heard at every opportunity.  

A majority if not the entirety of the people negative towards X-coils have never used one, or have used a "mystery friends" coil once but they're of course going to carry on about them like they're very knowledgeable on the matter.  It's a rare thing to see actual owners of the coils dissatisfied with their coil and you certainly don't see people buy them and put them up for sale a couple of weeks later like we are seeing right now regularly with some other coil.  

I do my stories of gold finds as I like to keep forums interesting and was trying to encourage others to do the same, if everyone did it imagine how great it'd be to pop into a forum and read the stories of what everyone's been up to? It should be encouraged, not discouraged by chasing away those that do it as you think they're doing it as they have some form of motive, it's whats making forums obsolete as other platforms generally with the younger generation encourage it, in fact they thrive on it.  They even go as far as making TV reality shows about following peoples lives, it's ridiculous Smile

I am a big fan of the Concentric coil, and I really hope X-coils keep developing the Concentric coils over time to have a range like they've got with the Spiral coils with all the different shapes and sizes.  With the extreme tiny gold sensitivity and depth that the 15" Concentric coil has PROVEN in the field to have and it's very stable operation I can only imagine how good a smaller size Concentric coil would be.  If people are thinking there is no point buying the 15" Concentric coil as it's virtually the same size as the stock coil they're very wrong, it's an entirely different animal.

In saying that I should be out using it now! Tomorrow will have to do.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2021-01-20

geof_junk, kiwijw, norvic, moredeep, EL NINO and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:24 am

Top post Phrunt, you have said it all.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

geof_junk, kiwijw, akko, phrunt and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:46 pm

Great post Simon. Simon, you should be out there while you can. Carol and I have had our first cov19 shot the follow up is in early June. So you have to mid Nov if the ships sail ( unlike our 2020 Feb cruise) before we invade your ground so don't waste your time being idle.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

kiwijw, norvic, moredeep, phrunt and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi guys, Hope you all survived Easter ok & didn't OD on Easter eggs. lol!  I never had one.

Yesterday I went back into that place that I E-Biked into & got those 9 bits. I E-Biked in again only this time as I was negotiating my way in I buried the front wheel into something, the front shocks bottomed out & the wheel didn't ride up over it & I went over the handle bars with my back pack full of my detecting gear. Grazed up my knees & fractured a rib. T29 That didnt do me much good for when I was digging with the pick but I toughed it out.
I still had a faint signal in the crevice from the previous dig so I had brought the GB2 along as well for easier & better pinpointing. Got to the crevice & the GB2 didn't get a squeak. I stuck the edge of the 15" X coil into the crevice & yep, there was a signal. I had to scrape out quite a bit before the GB2 got a hit but then it was easier sailing.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210410

Ended up with three more little bits from that crevice which was quite a bit bigger & deeper now.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210411

Crazy small for a coil of that size. Each time I got a signal with the Zed & 15" coil the GB2 couldn't hear it until I had scraped a bit more out. That wasn't doing my rib much good.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210412

I went down to another hot spot of mine in that area from past detecting days & got one more small bit that was just in lose gravel material so that was more just a scrape than a dig but my rib had had enough & I left it at that. I still had to ride out of there.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210413

This afternoon I decided to go for another quick detect to a different local spot. Again it was a spot I hadn't been back to for quite a while as it had all but dried up for me. But I hadn't had the 15" Concentric X coil in there.

Well bugger me. I hit another little honey hole.  Q16

This was the biggest

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210414

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210415

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210416

But they kept on coming.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210417

All but one came out of that one hole

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210418

This coil is blowing me away. To Russia with love. T01  

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210419

Cheers.

Best of luck out there

JW  Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk, gold bug sniper, norvic, phrunt, EL NINO and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Top going, well done JW cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

kiwijw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 pm

There you go JW
Almost 4 grams for yourself in 1 day
Well done
Hope the rib heals quick

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2021-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  mn90403 Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:33 pm

You keep finding gold where you exhausted it before. That is what you were doing the first time I read your posts. You keep on pushing patches to new limits with new combinations of detectors and coils. That happened a bit for me finding Zed gold on previous patches but I need to get that X-coil bump! haha

I hope you wear a helmet with that bike!

Mitchel

mn90403
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:02 am

Thanks guys for the comments & the feedback. T24

@ Mitchel. Yes, technology & advances in detectors & coils has proved to me time & time again that they breath new life back into old stomping grounds as I show & share in my adventures & finds. Although this wee patch find area of Simons is a "new" area, all be it very close to an old area. But aren't they all?  lol!

My main aim, as well as just loving being out there in the great out doors, is to give myself the best chance of coming home with a rattle in my gold bottle. I am not affiliated with Minelab or X coils in any way shape or form but ML have proved to me that they make the best gold detectors out there & have done so for years. They failed to deliver the smaller coil that they said they were going to for the Zed & while the 14 x 13 on the Zed did breath a bit of life into old spots of mine the days came when things went dry. Of course there were places I just couldn't poke & prod that coil but knew there would be gold. So when X coils came along with that 10 x 9 & the 10 inch coil I was prepared to do anything to get an advantage back again for my Zed. Thanks to Dave Dench Simon & I were introduced to X coils. Doing the adaptor didn't faze Simon & I despite having a medical miss adventure on putting a plug back on the 19" coil that we cut the chip from didn't deter us.

Time has proven to Simon & I that the combination of the Zed & X coils to be the best in gold detecting advancement at this time.

Simon went back to his wee patch area again the other day but this time he put on the 8" X coil to get into spots the 15" could get into & get right on the ground. He could only detect for 3 hours but ended up with 13 more pieces. I will leave his story for him to tell.

Yesterday we both went back. This time I took the Gold monster, the 10" & 12 x 8 " X coils. I had never used the 12 x 8" coil before so it was its maiden voyage. I had done pretty well with the 10" when I first used it & it stayed on my Zed for quite a long time.

When we got in there Simon carried on in his main patch area where he left off the day before & still using the little 8" X coil on his Zed. I went back to my area where I got those small bits with the 15" coil my last time in there. I just knew there would be even smaller bits for the Gold Monster & I wasn't wrong.

This was the first but I didn't take any more pics after this piece with the GM out in the field.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210420

Ended up with 14 little bits

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210421

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210422

I then used the Zed with the 12 x 8 X coil. Two sweeps over the ferrite & it ran so smooth & quiet, as Simon witnessed. High yield, Normal & full max sensitivity. The lightness after using the 15" was welcome although the 15" is still a pleasure to swing.

My 2nd signal was my first gold signal.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210423

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210424

I ended up getting two more little pieces out of the dig out pile. T06

Being a small elliptical coil, I always loved them on my PI's, I could poke & prod its little nose right in to tight spots under & around rocks, under & into the briar rose bushes where I snagged two bits. Not so easy for the 15" coil to get into those type spots & why Simon did well the day before with his 8" coil. I 'accidently' left a piece for Simon to find in one of my scrape out piles. That's unlike me T02 V04 It is a shot gun pellet magnet though & I get into the habit that if a signal moves on the first scrape of the ground I put it down to being a surface shot gun pellet & move on. I still ended up with a pocket of pellets. V41

6 pieces all up for the 12 x 8 coil.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210425

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210426

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210427

Total

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 20210428

We are really scraping the barrel now & that may be it for that area. We spent a good part of the day in there.

I am sure Simon will share his day.

Cheers & good luck out there

JW  Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

norvic, moredeep, phrunt, EL NINO and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 am

cheers

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 Empty Well Done Again

Post  mn90403 Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:10 pm

You guys keep on getting the nuggets. What are your total weights off Simon's 'little' patch?

Mitchel

mn90403
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi Mitchel. Mine was 8.26 grams in 78 pieces of gold over 4 trips in to Simons patch area.

JW Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm

uhm, I'm not quite as organised as JW, I think about 15-16 grams and I'm completely unsure of the numbers of nuggets.  I accidentally tipped two bottles of nuggets into my collection prior to even weighing them.   I was more worried about gathering up nuggets than keeping record of them, JW is opposite to me,  he has a little secret black book with all the details of every nugget find! I'm too slack for that.  I rely on my brain and it often fails me.

I can't even remember how many days I went, 5 or 6 I think? Smile

I went back a couple of days ago and decided to use the 8" coil to get into places the 15" Concentric couldn't go like under the thyme bushes and briar rose, the 15" couldn't squeeze into the gaps in a lot of places where as the little 8" was great and it paid off.  My wife and daughter came with me as they were going to go for a bike ride in the area, it's a nice place to cruise around.   They came up with me to see this "patch" before they went on their bike ride and I fired up my detector, took it over to some sage (thyme) bushes, you'll get that when you watch the video.  Anyway, within about a minute of turning it on I had my first signal, and it was gold, it was great for them to see me get a piece as they'd never done that before.  I got another one before they left too in the same bushes.  The first two finds aren't in the video as I didn't start filming until they left.

Here is the video

I was only there for 3 hours that day as they wanted to leave.... girls and patience, including toilet requirements severely limit detecting time Smile  They don't just ground sluice like us men do when they need to go.

The next day it was a bit of a late decision but JW and I decided to go back and arrived just before lunch time, that's the day he posted about above where he was killing it on little bits down below the main patch, I went up top again where I'd done the most and found the bulk of the bigger size nuggets and tried to find anything I missed the day before and kept using the 8" going into the difficult to get into areas.

I ended up only getting 4 more nuggets so I guess it's almost done now except for very tiny gold and any escape artists that were too tricky to find probably under more rose bushes Smile  The ones I did get were mostly tiny.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 Img_2064
Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 Img_2065
Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 Img_2066
Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 Img_2067

And here are our detectors with our coils of choice for the day.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 Img_2068

So here was my total for the two part days using the 8" X-coil.

Found a little patch with my GPZ and 15" Concentric X-coil - Page 2 8_inch10

I was about to say the 8" and 15" Concentric are my two favourite coils, but then I think back to the others and they were my favourites too, I honestly can't decide which coils I like best but the Concentric is crazy good on small deep gold in areas where such a big coil is suitable.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2021-01-20

geof_junk, kiwijw, norvic, moredeep, stevevic and mn90403 like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2