Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wind and Solar don't like the cold

+4
deutran
planetcare
Kon61gold
granite2
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wind and Solar don't like the cold - Page 2 Empty Re: Wind and Solar don't like the cold

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:33 pm

granite2 wrote:Ha ha ha so weather has nothing to with climate😄

The difference between weather and climate is a measure of time. Weather is what conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time, and climate is how the atmosphere "behaves" over relatively long periods of time. When we talk about climate change, we talk about changes in long-term averages of daily weather

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Wind and Solar don't like the cold - Page 2 Empty Re: Wind and Solar don't like the cold

Post  Nightjar Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:17 pm

Come walk with me on the Thames with the seagulls...........
Granite, we'll share a bit of summer with you if you are complaining your spring clothes are out of fashion. (You didn't say this, someone else did.)
37°C here today on the coast.
Hope king clown is choking on his, (won't say it!) tongue

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticl%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR17c3Vw40_ftE2JeEMGfYwZbbp8M5AHsrFd_65TOUzObUPJpZZTN84FUbg&h=AT30P9UVELJJ043Q27zwAxUSNzhmtczfHgUxJRcNXjY2sARH3pSZEe_zP5ObCF3Opd6nDtC526iXfqLMzgqx1BaasvfSwtkF6EgP1UxZ2ZsvIRwxWjBTzmakTbbKq2rZlcnq74xtQ2Jz
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Wow, this topic has certainly drawn some interest, opened up at lunchtime and already nearly a full page, reading granite 2 and planetcare posts certainly resembles the discrepancy that we are all told about
I did a course with a geologist/prospector a couple of years ago whom I feel knows his stuff inside out, he told us the world at present was going through a natural warming pattern and that nature had the capabilities of producing much more harmful emissions than man could ever produce
I thought to myself I will have a look into all of this, so I did and I couldnt believe the amount of contradictory reports on all this, what I worked out was each website were all pushing there own cause, using supposed expert scientific reports to back their own views
I do question the so called experts when they build solar and wind farms that wont work at certain times of the year, desalination plants that have never been used in 10 years, makes me wonder if anyone really knows what is going on, but in saying that the Australian population is only 0.33% of the worlds population and we are spoilt rotten here, when you get to go overseas and see the amount of people, the industry, the rubbish and the poverty you cant help but think we are definitely making a significant contribution to global warming
Time will tell I guess
Cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2021-01-29

Sparrowfart likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:04 pm

stevevic wrote:
I did a course with a geologist/prospector a couple of years ago whom I feel knows his stuff inside out, he told us the world at present was going through a natural warming pattern Cheers
If the present warming trend is "natural" then the question arises as to what is causing it and what evidence is their to support it?

Last edited by planetcare on Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:26 pm

PC, I love it when you talk down to us.😄
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:47 pm

granite2 wrote:PC, I love it when you talk down to us.😄

Do you believe that the earth is warming and that this warming is natural?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:56 pm

Fellas, the for's & against climate change will continue to proceed till we're all blue in the face (but getting us nowhere). Sometimes, we just have to agree, to dis-agree with one another's opinion & let it go at that.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:58 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Fellas, the for's & against climate change will continue to proceed till we're all blue in the face (but getting us nowhere). Sometimes, we just have to agree, to dis-agree with one another's opinion & let it go at that.

Cheers Kon. T25  
Let everyone make up their own mind . I present scientific facts not opinions!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:29 pm

Kon,
You are management, make a decision and put a stop to all this or our much loved gold prospecting forum is going to slip even further down the gurgler.
Planetcare is a troll who won't identify himself and just moves from forum to forum causing grief.
I refuse to sit and let this P***k upset our forum.
Planetcare do you have "balls" stand up, identify yourself and present your professional qualifications?
Planetcare contact me directly and we can surely sort out, man to man. Of course I know you won't. clown

Bye for now folks, cya down the track...

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:33 pm

We continue to here people say things about how this or that has changed since the end of the last ice age.
Problem is that the last ice age has not ended yet , there is still 5000 years of warming to take place resulting from the changing spin axis of the earth which goes through a 26000 year cyclic change. The South Pole is tilting more towards the sun and the north pole is moving further away from the sun, not by a lot but enough o raise Southern Hem summer temperatures and lower the Northern hem winter temps resulting in melting of SP ice and shifting of the NP sea ice to form further towards America. In either case we had better adapt to these changes or go the way of the mammoths and mastodons.

There are places in the northern hemisphere that used to have a midnight sun skimming just above the horizon, now those places do not see the summer sun at all, it stays below the horizon.

Anyway in 5000 years or so the entire cycle will reverse and it will be "Here we go again" Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4369
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:35 pm

Nightjar wrote:Kon,
You are management, make a decision and put a stop to all this or our much loved gold prospecting forum is going to slip even further down the gurgler.
Planetcare is a troll who won't identify himself and just moves from forum to forum causing grief.
I refuse to sit and let this P***k upset our forum.
Planetcare do you have "balls" stand up, identify yourself and present your professional qualifications?
Planetcare contact me directly and we can surely sort out, man to man. Of course I know you won't. clown

Bye for now folks, cya down the track...

Come on mate it is fun to have someone to argue/debate with.
This is just a small part of the forum that helps break the doldrums now and again.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4369
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:53 pm

adrian ss wrote:We continue to here people say things about how this or that has changed since the end of the last ice age.
Problem is that the last ice age has not ended yet , there is still 5000 years of warming to take place resulting from the changing spin axis of the earth  which goes through a 26000 year cyclic change. The South Pole is tilting more towards the sun and the north pole is moving further away from the sun, not by a lot but enough o raise Southern Hem summer temperatures and lower the Northern hem winter temps  resulting in melting of SP ice and shifting of the NP sea ice to form further towards America. In either case we had better adapt to these changes or go the way of the mammoths and mastodons.

There are places in the northern hemisphere that used to have a midnight sun skimming just above the horizon, now those places do not see the summer sun at all, it stays below the horizon.

Anyway in 5000 years or so the entire cycle will reverse and it will be "Here we go again"  Rolling Eyes

The present warming cannot be explained by orbital effects. The arctic is warming faster than any other region of the globe.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:27 am

Fellas, I do believe this well discussed topic, to now have run its course.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Nightjar, granite2 and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2